09 650XT steering shakes

Max

Reaction score
I just bought the quad and the steering starts to shimmy at 30 mph and gets worse as the speed increases. Any idea where I should start, is this just the alignment and if so were do I find the specs on setting the toe in

Thanks

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the quad and the steering starts to shimmy at 30 mph and gets worse as the speed increases. Any idea where I should start, is this just the alignment and if so were do I find the specs on setting the toe in

Thanks
Let me guess. Itp tires. Never owned a itp of any sort that came round. Even the factory tires on my renegade x were big time out of round. Maxis will fix it. I had hole shots do it. Also xtr's

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Let me guess. Itp tires. Never owned a itp of any sort that came round. Even the factory tires on my renegade x were big time out of round. Maxis will fix it. I had hole shots do it. Also xtr's
Yep,tires...

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not saying that they're the best tire, but I have XTR's on both of my machines and have no shimmy even at 100km/h.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this atv has a bent rear swingarm aswell. will try a diff set of tires but im sure thats not helping the situation

I used to ride a raptor. Maxis razor 2 were on back order. I got holeshots. Itp instead. The dealer gave me 2 sets and they both were outa round. Down the middle where the seam is u can actually see the treads don't line up when you spin the rim. Plus my renegade stock tires also were outa round. I have heard of this before on the non radial itp's. But that being said a bent swingarm will also make it wabble by the hub

Top Bottom