08 xp tuneel removal

xpmaster

Reaction score
wanna get my tunnel painted on my 08 xp 154 but dont wanna pay the killer price of having a shop strip it for me. just curious if anyone has done one before and if so how long it took.. thanks

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We took one down to the tunnel to get it powder coated. About two to three days to strip it. And double that to get her back together. We had a buddies sled to look at during assembly.(even had to take the plastic off it to help figure out where everything went). If your comfortable pulling the motor and track than its not that big of deal. I wouldn't paint it? get it powder coated, paint wont stand up to the bumps and scrapes of sledding.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not worth the hassle unless its bent up and needs to be done anyways. Will need a solid weekend or more to do this depending on experience with the xp and general mechanical ability. The entire sled comes apart. Its easiest to just do the entire frame.

If you do end up doing it make sure it gets powdercoated and post any photos or issues you come accross on here. I've done this manymany times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Not worth the hassle unless its bent up and needs to be done anyways. Will need a solid weekend or more to do this depending on experience with the xp and general mechanical ability. The entire sled comes apart. Its easiest to just do the entire frame.

If you do end up doing it make sure it gets powdercoated and post any photos or issues you come accross on here. I've done this manymany times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Let me know if you need a hand with that.

xpmaster

Reaction score
sorry i meant powdercoating. i havent worked on the xp a whole lot but have a buddy who has so might be a project after the long weekend here. im probably just gonna do the entire frame also just as easy. thanks for the help

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take lots of pics of the tear down to reference back. That's what I did when I rebuilt mine. Needed to refer back to pics several times on vacuum line locations and wiring.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take lots of pics of the tear down to reference back. That's what I did when I rebuilt mine. Needed to refer back to pics several times on vacuum line locations and wiring.

if your removing the entire frame you can pull the entire engine/carb/oil/management system out in one peice.

Top Bottom