08 sportsman 500 problems!

gdawg

Reaction score
Anyone had this happen to them in a weekend if so whats the deal. i was in
4x4 next thing ya know my sportman 500 4x4 turned into a one wheel drive the front left thats all that worked till i got home and now it sits like that. first the rear went then 2 wheel drive in front then down to one wheel drive in the front. im thinking maybe the chain in the rear gearbox because it always free wheels when its in park. another i have a pool of oil in my air filter housing. could this happen if it was upside down for a few seconds? and on top of that starter solenoid went and winch snapped in half. but weird about the drivetrain im scared to bring it in for warranty incase its not covered and i get left with a huge $$$$$

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone had this happen to them in a weekend if so whats the deal. i was in
4x4 next thing ya know my sportman 500 4x4 turned into a one wheel drive the front left thats all that worked till i got home and now it sits like that. first the rear went then 2 wheel drive in front then down to one wheel drive in the front. im thinking maybe the chain in the rear gearbox because it always free wheels when its in park. another i have a pool of oil in my air filter housing. could this happen if it was upside down for a few seconds? and on top of that starter solenoid went and winch snapped in half. but weird about the drivetrain im scared to bring it in for warranty incase its not covered and i get left with a huge $$$$$

Wow !!! I'd say backtrack the trail you were riding and pick up all the part numbers it spit out, then you'll know what's wrong. I'm a Poo guy, but it sounds like you put your's through a lot more torture than I do.

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clean up the quad, clean oil out of airbox and take it to the dealer, maybe they will fix it under warranty. Don't mention that you rode it off a cliff or whatever you did. If they won't fix it under warranty they'll at least let you know what needs to be fixed, take it home and start pulling wrenches.

Top Bottom