08 Nytro MTX mods

devil

Reaction score
i have an 08 Nytro MTX, stock except an adjustable 8" riser and added storage box on the rear. After 520ish kms i love it, the power delivery, ease to throw the machine around in the powder, etc. But i'm young-ish and would like more power.

Superchargers have had some good reviews but i have seen a couple people mention tuning issues when changing altitudes. Turbos are a bit more piping/routing but are nice because the boost can be increased so that the engine is actually seeing the same volume of air, thus making the same power at higher elevations.

But what i am wondering about is some reviews from people who have riden both if possible. This is something i want to do eventually, I may consider doing the turbo, IC, and other piping myself (if i go that route) since i am capable of fabricating it all and then using a power commander to tune fuel and ignition timing, and then add a boost controller (for a turbo) and just mark the settings for different elevations (cheap and simple)

My biggest question for now is this, if i go ahead and get the power commander now will it be suitable for either supercharger or turbo later (obviously would need a retune). I half considered asking on a bike site first since they have more experiance with boosted 4 strokes and aftermarket tuning options, but figured i would ask here first since at least a couple of you have run boosted nytros/apex's from what i have read so far.

devil

Reaction score
done :wtg: first forum i've seen thats used the google map that well, ussually its something that just gets lost and no one cares about it.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Welcome to the site. I have rode the turbo'd nytro and wow its fun. I beleive when you order you turbo it comes with almost everthing you need exept the boost gauge, not much to fab. Whitecourt Yamaha has a turbo'd Nytro for a demo and they also sell, install and tune turbo's there. If your interested in taking one for a rip Call Whitecourt Yamaha and talk to Parker 780-706-3306 tell him Darcy sent you and that your a snow and mud guy. He will also be able to answer any questions you have. Hope this helps.

devil

Reaction score
Hmm, i'm sorely tempted to go for a drive now, lol.

Thanks for the info i think i'll give him a call pretty soon.

devil

Reaction score
ok, test rode the sled today and i'm in love. Once i sell my Subaru then i will seriously look at buying a turbo kit before this seasons over, if not i'm getting it installed over summer pretty much guarenteed. Well worth the drive from Edmonton to hear and ride the sled and chat for a bit.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
ok, test rode the sled today and i'm in love. Once i sell my Subaru then i will seriously look at buying a turbo kit before this seasons over, if not i'm getting it installed over summer pretty much guarenteed. Well worth the drive from Edmonton to hear and ride the sled and chat for a bit.

Glad it worked out for you :D

PTS

Reaction score
Did they give you any prices on a turbo for a Nytro. I would like to find an easy to use, no hassle, pull and go turbo. I'm done with the mod sleds.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they give you any prices on a turbo for a Nytro. I would like to find an easy to use, no hassle, pull and go turbo. I'm done with the mod sleds.

I looked at this year the exact same way PTS............. really fed up with wrenching after your day of trying to ride(more wrenching). I went with the Nytro because of the rider forward(sooooo easy to ride) & Yammy reliability. I've seen a fewT-Nytro's now & the one that I rode & liked the best was a MCX. My buddy had a CR tunnel, 162 track with stock rear skid & the MCX kit from Vernon Motor Sports & paid about 29,000 taxes in. I know that's alot, but take 2000 off for the tunnel & about 800 or more for the track & ur at 26,000 ish. That's pretty good for a "turn-the-key-&-go" sled on pump gas all day at about 250+HP. The Nytro handles like a rev or better imo & with turbo will eat all others out there!!!!
My setup I'm looking at is about $40,000 ish :eek:............ but that's PIMPIN' & pushing about 300 ish HP at big boost!!!!:D

RN

devil

Reaction score
i dropped the sled off yesterday to get the turbo kit installed, new drivers, clutches adjusted, etc. He quoted me 10,500 for it all. As far as i know they only had the one kit in stock right now.

So by the time thats done, along with the sled purchase and other work i've done to it i'll be around 24 into it.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I used to think that was a lot of money to invest into a sled but after riding one in Golden I now understand why it's worth it.
Can't wait to hear how it performs.

i dropped the sled off yesterday to get the turbo kit installed, new drivers, clutches adjusted, etc. He quoted me 10,500 for it all. As far as i know they only had the one kit in stock right now.

So by the time thats done, along with the sled purchase and other work i've done to it i'll be around 24 into it.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about putting a turbo on my M1000 this summer or maybe putting a happy buttom on, but I am not sure yet which way to go.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

I seen your sled today and its looking good. When is it supposed to be finished ?

devil

Reaction score
just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago actually, tommorow it should be ready for pickup. i want to do a few things before i take it to the mountains so i will need a day at least to finish it up before i leave thursday to McBride.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago actually, tommorow it should be ready for pickup. i want to do a few things before i take it to the mountains so i will need a day at least to finish it up before i leave thursday to McBride.

I will be in McBride this weekend too, hope to see you there.

devil

Reaction score
well, the machines a blast, tons of power. lost some coolant somewhere, not sure if the dealer forgot to top it up enough or what, so that stopped me pretty quick this morning, i'm moving the resevoir, its under the IC now and is hard to get at, i used my shovel handle as a funnel, and managed to top it up, was fine all day after that.

More power than i know what to do with, lifts the skis so easily. Still got stuck though, more from rider stupidity than lack of power though, lol. Made it out of a couple other bad spots just fine though. And it sounds awesome, i let a guy take it for a quick rip so i could hear it and man its awesome. I went to Bell Mountain today and used about half a tank, forgot to set the trip odo. though so i don't know how far i went exactly. I'm thinking i'll get a bigger tank just for peace of mind though.

Top Bottom