07 Duramax - good or ???

motrhed

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2007 Duramax 2500HD, is this a good year or is another better? This unit has the LBZ engine which I have heard has great power (360HP, 660FT/LBS), a 6 spd Alli, good fuel economy, and no DPF.
Who out there has one? Is there anything I need to know about this year and/or engine? How is the fuel mileage with the DOC... and without?
Thanks...

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No complaints on my yet other than the oil cooler line leaks these truck suffer from. Oh, and the stereo will not eject the CD anymore (no biggy as I was going to upgrade it anyway, it actually broke under warrenty).

20mpg empty on highway. 12 mpg pulling 6000lb trailer @110-120kph. If a guy were to go 140 with 2 sleds on a deck I'm pretty sure it would get around 12 mpg as well ;). I've had it drop to 10 mpg pulling hard on mtn roads. 15mpg in town.

I've only got 72,000kms on it so far.

I think the Allison is the best tranny available. The only disappointment I've got is the dmax does not seem to have as much compression braking as my 454 had. But pulling a 6000lb trailer I don't need that much.

And yes, the reason I bought it is no dpf, or urea but it does has a cat and EGR. EGR can be blocked for cheap.

Also, '07 and up had 160km/5yr powertain warrenty, not just engine.

l8r Shawn

Attachments

• DMAX Info 1.txt
    669 bytes · Views: 87
  • DMAX Info 2.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DMAX Info.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 40

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love mine, the '07 LBZ is thought of by many as the one to have, for the reasons mentioned above. In addition, the wheelwells are a little wider than the NBS GM's, so if youre going to a bigger tire it'll fit better. Many have also reported that the body panels on the Classic trucks are stronger than the NBS rigs as well.

I'm running custom tuning, with a little extra power;), and a good tow tune with turbobraking ( just like the '11 GM's, Ford and Dodge have had it for a couple years)

You wont be sorry.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I am looking at a 2007 Duramax 2500HD, is this a good year or is another better? This unit has the LBZ engine which I have heard has great power (360HP, 660FT/LBS), a 6 spd Alli, good fuel economy, and no DPF.
Who out there has one? Is there anything I need to know about this year and/or engine? How is the fuel mileage with the DOC... and without?
Thanks...

I love mine...no issues...LBZ rocks...I've added the Edge Attitude with Juice...for towing, power and or economy!!!!

Top Bottom