05 summit himark no running

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a new ride today bought as a non runner. Battery was dead and puller broke got it home and boosted kinda wants to start but seems to be flooding. Will run for a couple revolutions then quit again. Any suggestions. Lots of compression and good spark. On one side for sure now that I think about it.
Also noticed that case is cracked at the outside edge of the recoil mount inside looks good. Sled has 1600 km and 23 hrs it says find the hrs kinda low for the km imo. But chassis is exc.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clean the carbs... bad gas....

no carbs has injectors and throttle bodies, will drain fuel tank and put in new gas laater this week, could be the issue as it looks like its been sitting for a while. all dusty under the hood. another issue i noticed is the bogie wheels on the left side are coming apart, rubber is all cracked around the wheel, like a rotten tire kind of thing, another reason i figure its been sitting for a while, and also 6 yrs old and only 1600 km might be another clue. of course if that is correct mileage. looks clean and straight though

Attachments

• new doo.JPG
    new doo.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 207
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 203

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are you talking about is it an 800.or a 600 sdi.if its an 800 it has carbs

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at 1600km and 23hrs she averaged 69.5km/h at no idle time.....

that was my thoughts exactly. but it seems everyone who posts km and hrs on these machines it always seems to be in that range.:eek: average speed:rolleyes::confused:
maybe doo only records to the bar hrs.:d cause they are the only ones that matter.:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Put in some fresh fuel(maybe even replace the fuel filter?), replace the battery(i replace mine yearly - from napa), and replace the 2 or 3 relays(injectors and fuel pump relays - from napa -- the cheap bosch style -- I replace mine yearly) in the fuse box...... The batteries are critical to have proper voltage for these to run, and the relays doo corrode/rust inside -- ...... I bet she fires

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well today is the day brought into my shop as it is too long to fit in my hobbit hole at home lol and the ole 670 is in there again anyways.
but will check it out and update once i finish fixing the oil leak on the forklift, ithat thing has been a fix one find another one for a year now i think we are just about done.lol

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so got it into the shop here just before coffee, topped up the colant it was alittle low and hooked up the bat charger and tried cranking it with the plugs out, have coolant in pto side:eek::eek:, going to lift the head and see whats i got.:(

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The o-ring on the top is leaking..... Check for little grooves cut in the metal where the coolant was leaking past the o-ring seals

you can see where the o ring was leaking on the pto side,bottom end is right full of coolant:eek: and it has a bit of a tight spot when pto side piston is at tdc. pipe was plumb full of coolant and fuel as well, i guess they had probably been trying for a while to get it running. is there drain plugs in the bottom of these cases? try tio get all the coolant out and see whats i got. but suspect i will end up doing a crank.
there is no play though in the crank, like at the end of the rod, when you rock it at tdc just kinda tough to roll it around.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so got it out and jugs offr, mag side rod pooched,very stiff, looking at 900 for the crank as it is probably no good for core, or close to 4000 for a shortblock. hmmm what to dooo? can probably rebuild for less than 2500 with the new crank.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so got it out and jugs offr, mag side rod pooched,very stiff, looking at 900 for the crank as it is probably no good for core, or close to 4000 for a shortblock. hmmm what to dooo? can probably rebuild for less than 2500 with the new crank.

Hope you got it for a really good price.

Top Bottom