05 RMK 900 Running- but bogging quite a bit

05RmkIA

Reaction score
I am new to this website and was wondering if anyone could help me with some troubles I am having with my RMK 900. I just bought this sled and it has only been rode a few times, pry less than 200 miles, over the last two winters in IA. It had always started on the 2nd pull and idled just fine until now. Put new gas and new plugs in. Got it on the lake and started riding. Seemed like it was a little boggy, but figured it would come out once the new gas went through a while. Then without the throttle down even a little the sled would die, even after riding for quite a while. It was running descent at 40-50 mph, but when I would put the hammer down, it wouldn't really react how it should. When it was almost out of gas, the sled started riding awesome. Going 40, I could punch it and it reacted amazing, like it should. Could get the skies off the ground and it would just fly. Then I rode it again a little later, and it was back to being really boggy and not reacting worth a crap. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to check, or do you think the motor just needs a good cleaning after not very much riding over the last two seasons? Thanks!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You also may want to check the boots, very common problem ( cracking from heat) could also be the throttle sensor, another common problem. Fuel filters get plugged from the cork on the fuel float as well, mayby fuel filter.

05RmkIA

Reaction score
Tps sensor? And what boots? Intake boots? Sorry if that's a bad question. Thanks for the tips tho really appreciate it!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, intake boots under your y-pipe, if cracked they usually run higher idle after warming up, there are a few simple tests like spaying ether at them when running and listen for increase in rpm however that test is not full proof, always best to remove and give them a thou rough check, give you a chance to check reeds as well,also a possible issue.

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seal on pto side. test with brakleen if it rev's up its the seal...you can check for cracked intake boots too. engine should be cold and test periodic until warm.. just my 2 cents

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
seal on pto side. test with brakleen if it rev's up its the seal...you can check for cracked intake boots too. engine should be cold and test periodic until warm.. just my 2 cents
Don't underestimate yourself that information is worth way more than 2cents, it's what makes this site, you can learn something from everyone's past experience and if you owned one of these you have had experiences lol!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the bellows? Original bellows were bad for cracking and Polaris came out with new ones,
If you pull the exhaust valve covers off, the bellows should be orange. Original ones were black.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would use either or wd-40 first brakleen is hard on rubber it dries it outand cracks. But that trick is a good one for find leaks!

Top Bottom