03 ZX 136 renegade stretch to 151

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some help here....

Nephew bought a skid and track for his 03, removed the 136 skid and installed the 151 and track.

Does the skid need to be moved farther back to accomadate the addtional lenght? We are seeing over 5 inches of play in the track when we adjust the wheels as far back as the tensioners will allow....

We are thinking 154" rails would do this rather that relocate the skid....

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a 2000 RMK 136 stretched to a 151, Mountain Magic did it.

If I remember correctly, they used a 146 skid, with extension's to stretch the 151

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some help here....

Nephew bought a skid and track for his 03, removed the 136 skid and installed the 151 and track.

Does the skid need to be moved farther back to accomadate the addtional lenght? We are seeing over 5 inches of play in the track when we adjust the wheels as far back as the tensioners will allow....

We are thinking 154" rails would do this rather that relocate the skid....

You need rail extensions and ideally a big wheel kit to make it work. Mountain Magic has everything you need.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a big wheel kit on the current skid...

Mountain Magic is closed....any one got any other ideas?

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What sled did the 151 skid come out of? From what I've seen there was a period of time where the factory ZX 151's used 144" skids setback, so if that's what you have then mounting in the 136" spots won't line up as you're experiencing.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well we are going to move the 151 skid back tonight and see how it works out in revy on monday....

Driftingbig

Reaction score
I stretched my 03 summit from a 144 to a 151, had it done at Mountain Magic and they pulled the skid back to take up the slack. It gives you a better attack angle in the deep but rides like **** when not riding powder. When I have some time I will be installing a 151 skid in it. I find it to soft in the front arm and bottoms way easier. From my understanding you need to use the mounting dimensions from the sled the skid is out of. You need the C-C measurement from drivers to front arm mounting hole and C-C from front arm to rear arm mounting holes. But you will have to pay attention to not having the rear arm mount dropped to low or to high as you will mess with the geometry in relation to the rear suspension and front suspension.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input here and those of you that sold us parts...I doo believe that we now created a monster in my nephew...he is quite pumped with his new stretched out zx....

Those of you that sold us parts, thanks, big smiles from the nephew on the deals.

C

Top Bottom