How not to fit a Summit into a basement!!!!!!!!!! WTF?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So last year i sold my mint '99 670x summitx mod(151" track and about 160hp+) to one of my apprentice technicians, with all the manuals, covers, lots of spare parts etc........... Well when i got back from mexico and came into work this monday, he gave me a little story, and i think everyone should take the time to read.....this is a true story, that just happened in cold lake........

My apprentice was putting the tricked out performance carbs back onto the engine to get a little more power(as i detuned it when i sold it to him and put milder carbs and tune-up back into it) so he could do a little more aggressive riding this year. He was trying to restart the sled after converting everything and about 20 pulls later, was giving up on trying to restart the sled......... He waited a bit, then thought he would give another couple pulls on the old rope...... It coughed, sputtered, and jumped to life at warp 10 w.o.t., and took off on him. It crashed through his mother in-laws back fence, across the alley, through a neighbours fence(knocking the whole fence over), accelerating through the back yard, destroying the kids jungle jim set, still accelerating and crashing through the basement window(tearing out the complete frame etc) only to come to rest still wide open throttle across the family room resting against the entertainment unit on top of a couch, still wide open throttle, track spinning huge tears in the couch and gouging the laminate flooring and also the twin piped exhaust burning holes into the laminate........... Here is a before pic(when i had it) and a pic of the written off sled, in its resting place, watching sunday nfl football........ So how was your weekend????? Bwahahahahahahaahahhaa

guess this shows you that the tether should alway be on your wrist, and the park brake applied whenever starting or at least cold starting a sled for the first time...........

Attachments

• 129-2966_IMG.jpg
    129-2966_IMG.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,537
  • NEIL DUMBASS.jpg
    NEIL DUMBASS.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,276
  • BASEMENT1.JPG
    BASEMENT1.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,648
  • BASEMENT2.JPG
    BASEMENT2.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,414
  • BASEMENT3.JPG
    BASEMENT3.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,157
  • BASEMENT4.JPG
    BASEMENT4.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,413
  • BASEMENT5.JPG
    BASEMENT5.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,166
  • BASEMENT6.JPG
    BASEMENT6.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,169
Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Re: How not to fit a summit into a basement

missing the after pic...... There it is.....

Is it for sale again????????????????

Big kid 33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the same thing happen to me about 15 years ago with my indy trail it went into my brothers truck it was not a good day

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is the funniest thing i have heard in a long time....any more pics of the wreckage?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine did kind of the same thingwith a brand new xp, he put a taller riser on and when he was pulling the cables longer the cable shield must have pulled out of the splitter box and sat to the side opening the carbs. not knowing he fires it up and just takes off on him and ripps across his shop and slams into one of his semis wheels, one of his ski tips was bent up more than the other and the whole front end was smashed in, most of the nose popped back when he removed his crumpled bumper but the hood plastic needed replacing

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Sooooo this guy works for you huh. :eek:

Mental note to self ..... don't take vehicle to Rics for service!! Bwhahahahaha

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that has to suck, imagine chasing this sled trying to stop it

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow that would really suck. Kinda makes Rysers ghost ride look like sweet f .a.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had an old merc sled and one day i fired it up..it took off and landed on the hood of my dads car..big ol pontiac never even got a scratch:d

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Can you imagine sittin on the couch watchin football when that comes through the window????:eek::eek:
Think I'd put the crackpipe away for good!!!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
that is the funniest thing i have heard in a long time....any more pics of the wreckage?
HE TOOK THAT PIC WITH HIS CELL PHONE BEFORE THEY FORCED IT BACK OUT THE BASEMENT WINDOW.... HE SAYS HE'S GONNA TRY AND GET MORE PICS FROM THE RCMP SO I CAN POST HERE:d
I knew I had seen that sled up here. Does he live up here or just keep it stored here?
HI MOTHER IN-LAW'S HOUSE IS UP THERE.....HE RIDES WITH SOME FRIENDS OF HIS UP THERE(OR AT LEAST USED TO..... BAHAHAHAHA)
He's got insurance........right??????????? So, does this go onto the liability insurance for the sled or is it onto the home insurance?Feel bad for the poor mofo.
SAYS HE HAS FULL INSURANCE, AND ALL IS COVERED(I HOPE)

YA, I FEEL FOR HIM TOO..... HE'S A GOOD KID, AND A GOOD TECHNICIAN.:(

Top Bottom