09 m8 12 v source for accessory outlet

snomofo

Reaction score
I want to find a 12 v source to run my gps, but I cannot find a wiring diagram for my sled. The dealer has not been much help---he thought the spare plug near the ignition switch was voltage, but not. I was told to use the fuel pump circut, but no wiring diagram. Anyone out there done this?

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to find a 12 v source to run my gps, but I cannot find a wiring diagram for my sled. The dealer has not been much help---he thought the spare plug near the ignition switch was voltage, but not. I was told to use the fuel pump circut, but no wiring diagram. Anyone out there done this?

Go to D & D Racing website and get the wiring diagram off the website. PM if you have problems.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There should be a Two prong plug with a black wire that loops around to the other side of the plug.. This is your accessory plug that'll have 12V.. Do NOT tie it into your fuel pump wires for one they aren't 12V and second it'll take power away from your fuel pump and it can cause you issues..

aldur

Reaction score
Did you solve the problem?

I´m in the same boat with an M8 -153" - 2009

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm going to have the same problem here with my 2007...picking a new GPS in a couple of weeks...if someone PM's you anything useful it would be nice if you could post it here for everyone to see...

...or if anyone has pictures that would be great :)

personally i was going to try to tap off the circuit for the lowbeam headlight (seeing that it's always on when the sled in runing) but i haven't had a chance to look at it yet...

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The two prong plug that Glenengine is talking about is behind the little cover that covers up your steering post on the back of the engine compartment, look closely because it has a dummy end plugged into it to keep the elements out.

Jeff K

Reaction score
The two prong connector behind the cover is 12V AC on the 2009. If you need DC, you can tap the big red wire coming from the voltage regulator (aluminum unit near exhaust can).

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
when you say 12 ac what do you mean. i run all my acc on this plug and have had no troubles

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
do you mean pulsating dc or actual ac?? have you metered it to find out what the rms is if it is indeed a true ac???

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disconnected my back up beeper plug and used it for 12V. Mine is an 04 though, so it might be different. It also has a two pin plug up by the tach for accessories.

Top Bottom