LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

12 valve cummins build pics

Discuss 12 valve cummins build pics in the GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUMS forums; P230910_15.08_[01].jpg P221010_19.15.jpg P151010_17.28.jpg P151010_17.28_[01].jpg P151010_17.29.jpg P221010_19.41.jpg turbo upgrade 002.jpg P041210_15.49.jpg...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 12 valve cummins build pics

1994 3500 dodge
    fuel pump, 96 p-pump (bigger barrels than 94) 4000 rpm governor, lazer cut extreme flow delivery valves, had all the barrels cranked wide open, modified the rack stopper, custom fuel plate, flowed more than the test bench could put out. Timed at 14 degrees, can go 16 but will wait till spring.
    Head, Machined for fire rings, heavy valve springs for the 4000 rpm, mild porting, freshened valves and seats and guides. 370 marine injectors, special 66 schwitzer turbo, 3 piece pulse exhaust manifold.
    Block, rolled in new bearings
    clutch, not here yet, twin disc good for the 800 horse that is our goal. right now it it dosnt slip the stock clutch cause there is not enough traction, hard on tires!!!

Post Thanks / Like

oh 12mm head studs and machined rocker pedestals for clearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like some nice mods there! Was it fire ringed before your new build?

Years ago we sent injection pumps to a shop in Prince George that specialized in rebuilding them. I was shocked at how much more performance my new engines ran after running their rebuilt pumps!

We put the first one on a bench dyno and it redlined the gauges at idle speeds! The opperator shut it down and told me that the pump should make my new engine perform very well. It would over fuel until red line if you held it to the floor. If you drove it nice though the fuel economy was way better than with the stock pump.

Good luck with your truck!
    Toys 02 RMK UB950 mod 02 RMK 800 mod 98 RMK 600 mod 95 Supersport mod 06 Sportsman 500 EFI pos edition 04 Trail Blazer mod 04 Trail Boss stock
    Tow machines 12 Ram 3500 6.7 CTD 08 Ram 3500 6.7 CTD modified 90 Astro 4x4 lifted V8 88 Safari V8 85 Astro V8

Post Thanks / Like

Had the head cut by Weir here in Fort st John, Fire ring Gasket was from Shied, had Lee @ Northern Diesel do the pump in Dawson Creek. I built it for Warcat Welding here in FSJ for a toy.
    It is insane to drive!!!! Finished it today and the test drive was a blast! 4th gear sideways on bare frozen pavement instant throttle response. More smoke than i like but I built it around a good shot of Nos, which we are not putting on till spring

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like 4th gear burnouts! lol Pics? Do they plan on racing that truck or entering it in competition? Or just for some fun?

I love modifying engines of all kinds but turbo diesels are my favorite. It is amazing how a few parts and some tuning can make them wail. Most of my experience has been modding mechanical diesel engines. Back in 98 I started to modify the electronic diesel engines...similar diesel tech, but totally different means of tuning! I have had success with both types but I still like the mechanical engines for their simplicity and out and out reliability. Also you can tune them with simple wrenching.

What is your next project?
    Toys 02 RMK UB950 mod 02 RMK 800 mod 98 RMK 600 mod 95 Supersport mod 06 Sportsman 500 EFI pos edition 04 Trail Blazer mod 04 Trail Boss stock
    Tow machines 12 Ram 3500 6.7 CTD 08 Ram 3500 6.7 CTD modified 90 Astro 4x4 lifted V8 88 Safari V8 85 Astro V8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwerx View Post
    Nothing like 4th gear burnouts! lol Pics? Do they plan on racing that truck or entering it in competition? Or just for some fun?

I love modifying engines of all kinds but turbo diesels are my favorite. It is amazing how a few parts and some tuning can make them wail. Most of my experience has been modding mechanical diesel engines. Back in 98 I started to modify the electronic diesel engines...similar diesel tech, but totally different means of tuning! I have had success with both types but I still like the mechanical engines for their simplicity and out and out reliability. Also you can tune them with simple wrenching.

What is your next project?
    This is just a toy, used for dump runs and hauling firewood. plan was to make huge usable power for under 10 grand that could walk all over the young bucks with their fancy new trucks and programmers and hats on backwards. truck and engine 9300$ so far, including clutch which hasnt showed yet. Nitrous is just laying around from a cobra kit car build a year ago. I am going to use a combination of throttle position and boost psi to control the Nos to get a clean burn.
    The owner will get his first taste of insanity tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez I know who i'm gonna ask to tune my 05 cummins........thats insane.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fat tire View Post
    Geez I know who i'm gonna ask to tune my 05 cummins........thats insane.
    05 is easy. shield 100 horse injectors, BD power Killer B turbo(set at 50 psi), dual CP3 injection pumps(really hard on a single) and an Edge Juice with attitude programmer(it backs fuel off when trans slips, egt get high, ect and has a good gauge package built in).
    good for 600+ horse 1000 lbs/ft of torque.
    With the normal 4-5 inch straight pipe and good air filter, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

That is super cool! I am a huge Cummins fan, so you have peaked my interest big time. Love that shop too, and a lift, I want that set up so bad!

Great work!
    2011 Summit X 154 E-Tec #16 off the line
    2007 Arctic Cat M6 141"
    2006 Arctic Cat M7 162
    2006 BR350 Snowcat
    2004 SeaDoo Challenger 1800...Way too much fun!!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast