EPA Fines Cummins $1.675 Billion for using Emissions Defeat Devices on 1 Million Ram Pickups

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, It says cummins was fined, not stellantis. 2013 was the first year for DEF on the Cummins, I always thought all year Cummins were bluetec emissions, which is Mercedes, guess all of that changed in 2013.

The purpose of the DPF and DEF systems control, and trap those emissions?
If the engine was producing more emissions, the DPF would be regenerating alot more than it should, but maybe thats the reason for poor fuel economy on the ram, my ran was a 2012 and it was horrible on fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, It says cummins was fined, not stellantis. 2013 was the first year for DEF on the Cummins, I always thought all year Cummins were bluetec emissions, which is Mercedes, guess all of that changed in 2013.

If the engine was producing more emissions, the DPF would be regenerating alot more than it should, but maybe thats the reason for poor fuel economy on the ram, my ran was a 2012 and it was horrible on fuel.

I deleted my 2012 and it was amazing on fuel much better then my 17 powerstroke deleted

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The changes for 13 made them much better. Other then the garbage actuator destroying turbos, i've never had any complaints about the emissions on any 13+. Mine virtually never regened, but it did tow/haul regularly.

Top Bottom