12 valve cummins build pics

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the latest on the build? I was in spokane and watched a 12 valve with the bd small twin kit an 225 injectors all the goodies run a 625 yours is gonna be sick when it is finished especially if it is in that 800 hp range!!! nice work are you gonna be at NADP days this year i would love to see this truck in person

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the first outing will be the Fort St John mudbogs. Dont know the date but we have allot of work to still get done. Still has the stock clutch and needs fresh bearings rolled in the bottom end, the front end is getting the update for the steering box....... Long list yet!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should shoot to be up here for the 14/15 of august and hit the darwell ag drags, show the NADP guys where the rabbit chit in the woods so to speak. they put on an awesome show out there lots of units and peeps. town population of about 10 people shoots to 4-5000 on that weekend.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should shoot to be up here for the 14/15 of august and hit the darwell ag drags, show the NADP guys where the rabbit chit in the woods so to speak. they put on an awesome show out there lots of units and peeps. town population of about 10 people shoots to 4-5000 on that weekend.

I will be there for the Nadp event can not wait to see what the truck does in the quarter

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be there for the Nadp event can not wait to see what the truck does in the quarter

the event i am talking about is the sled pulls in darwell every year. running a qaurter mile and tieing it to a sled are 2 way different things. if you think you got power come out and tie it onto the sled and prove it qaurter mile is made for a freekin car, imo, you say you have a truck tie it to the sled make it pull and lets see if you do. otherwise its just another highway queen. owned by some young kid who thinks hes cool cause he can spin the yires on his jacked up black smoke no power diesel. just sayin.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a whole thread on Darwell truck pulls from last year some where. Magnets not kidding when he says serious horespower, i will be there again this year along with many, many other peeps. Here's a pic of a tractor from last year....insane watching them fire this beast.

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 203

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the event i am talking about is the sled pulls in darwell every year. running a qaurter mile and tieing it to a sled are 2 way different things. if you think you got power come out and tie it onto the sled and prove it qaurter mile is made for a freekin car, imo, you say you have a truck tie it to the sled make it pull and lets see if you do. otherwise its just another highway queen. owned by some young kid who thinks hes cool cause he can spin the yires on his jacked up black smoke no power diesel. just sayin.
Ya its not built to race or pull. Just a massively over powered toy for mud and cruising around looking for animals to murder. Might take it down the track once to see what it will do, it will hit the dyno a few times just to dial it in, other than that just a toy to build instead of going to the pub!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a whole thread on Darwell truck pulls from last year some where. Magnets not kidding when he says serious horespower, i will be there again this year along with many, many other peeps. Here's a pic of a tractor from last year....insane watching them fire this beast.

yep its definitly a good time, the kids grand father owns the big red express kw, just a few ponies under that hood:rolleyes:, and the uncle owns the two wheel drive unit thumper. awesome fun but big monies, one day before i got married i thought about building/buying a 4 wheel drive to get into the scene, but marriage stopped that lol and kids. but anyways back to the thread, should be a sweet hunting ride :d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All I said is I wanna see this bad boy run no need to be a jerk off about it!!! and ok man if you think the dyno and quarter mile is just for pussy trucks then buddy you got another thing coming! watch diesel power challenge those trucks are built to do it all! mine is on way of being built to do all my front end is done I'm waiting on my turbo and tranny then it will be more than capable of doing sled pulls! I prefer not to put mine into sled pulling cause I dont have all that extra cash on hand to fix the parts after almost every run. and as for jacked up no power :nono: mine is lowered and as the way it sits with just proper tunning and a fuel pump the truck makes 498 rwhp and 931 tq and runs quarter in 12.92 at 105 mph with a 15 psi boosted launch. when the tranny is done in may the tune will be pushed to the 550-575 range good for a 12.5 quarter thats good enough power and it is power that I use in my daily driving truck to haul,work,and play all at the same time! This 12 valve build is coming along wicked and just wanna see progress reports and see when he will be running it so i can come watch it!!!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think if was to build an engine for pulling i would go with a 60's kenworth, and a K-series cummins. Allways wanted to play with one of those. 700 horse engine back in the 70's famously hard to tune, used for mostly marine applications.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why you are building this truck as a mud machine? I think it is gonna be awesome watching a nasty cummins going chewing threw the mud!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think if was to build an engine for pulling i would go with a 60's kenworth, and a K-series cummins. Allways wanted to play with one of those. 700 horse engine back in the 70's famously hard to tune, used for mostly marine applications.

the only problem with the k series is they didnt like the revs. insane torque and power though, when i first started swamping and driving in the patch we had a 84kw with a KTA650 in it friggen thing sounded like a freight train pullling on the lease, but really didnt like the highway much,1850 pretty much max. for pulling you need to get the wheel speed up. but i know there is a couple guys int he us running the kta with some success, but probably 100-150g in the engine alone. we were down there when we built the in laws rig for a season there was one guy running a 855 cummins in a late 80s pete had 250k in the engine:eek::eek::eek: but man did it put on a show. untouchable.
with the 12/71 detroit in the kids granddads unit we're spinning it at 4500+ have had it to 5200 before:eek: Nice to have waterous as one of your biggest sponsors lol usually do the bottom end every year, and couple turbos, the shaft doesn't seem to like going from 4500rpm to 800 rpm very much :d

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so the awaited finished product. Twin disc clutch check, big lift check, lockers in both ends check, Dragon fire Injectors check, bunch of tweeks and very little actual testing check. Fort St john Mud Bogs tommorow entered!!![/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• P170511_18.47.jpg
    P170511_18.47.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 305
  • P020611_18.05_[01].jpg
    P020611_18.05_[01].jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 304

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will take explosion pics from the bog on sunday evening, or if you are the area there are are allot of really nice rigs going to compete in the bogs here in Fort St John so show up!!!!

We really need the twins, its semi streetable if you know whats going on, but we are going to roll the big smoke for the fans!! Once it hits 3000 Rpm the amount of black smoke is nuts then boost catches up and well 2nd gear 4 wheel drive 4 tires roast on pavement. No time for Nitrous, or more boost its a run what you brung, and it will be a crowd pleaser with all that coal rollin!!

DKY

Reaction score
I got my project started finally, been keeping tabs on yours. I'm doing something kind of like yours, maybe a little less lift and a little less power.
I need a sled hauler, road trip, mild offroad truck.

pretty mild with DDP +50 injectors, #10 plate 3k GSP
didn't want to go bigger on the turbo, going more for a sweet running truck with good MPG. Doubt I'll roll the coal, well unless my afc WAY off

got the guages going in now, isspro white faces with color gradients on the pyro in case the wife drives she'll know to keep the needle out the yellow and red areas :nono:

also found a sweet deal on some bumpers, they in the mail and will look just like this with a 17,500 LB winch.

DKY

Reaction score
not sure how far north in BC you are, but dynojet has a setup in Kettle Falls WA for town and country days, doing a little dyno compitition

not sure if they'll be setup again tomorrow or not, shoud have put my stocker turd on there just for a baseline

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some videos. The first pull was 1st gear and then the dipstick blew out and shot oil all over the 1200 degree turbo, thermatic fan didnt have time to kick in so it blew all the coolant out looks like we are on fire and yes the is me rowing the boat!! You can see me yelling at him to saw the wheel and lay off the throttle but we rode the 4000 rpm govenor spring till it finally coughed.

2nd run was a 2nd gear launch which let it shine!! He layed off at tryed to keep it at 3700. Easy full pull.

Trying to upload the 3rd pull as it was the fastest of the day @9.something, it just looks like its running a grass drag!!!!! 3rd gear launch!!!

Ya 3.55 gears work in the mud if you have the poop to pull them and a clutch that can handle the poop!!

25AXLE

Reaction score
Awesome job with the truck! I was planning on doing the same with my old second gen dodge. But the mud bogs have been pretty girly the last couple years in Edson, so I didn't think it was worth my time and effort.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome job with the truck! I was planning on doing the same with my old second gen dodge. But the mud bogs have been pretty girly the last couple years in Edson, so I didn't think it was worth my time and effort.

The mud bogs in edson are along way from a bog anymore good for the big powered units but a lil boring for the trucks

Top Bottom