zr370

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
having some problems with the throttle on this sled. If you dont push on it just right it bogs and backfires, even dies sometimes. I'm pretty sure it is the throttle position sensor.........but where the hell is it located and can it be deleted?

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
having some problems with the throttle on this sled. If you dont push on it just right it bogs and backfires, even dies sometimes. I'm pretty sure it is the throttle position sensor.........but where the hell is it located and can it be deleted?

It sounds to me like the throttle cable is to loose. The safety switch is on the handle bar by the throttle and yes it can be deleted but you also delete the kill switch.Hope this helps.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx, I disconected that and everything runs well now.I braved the cold and took it out for a rip today(want the nephew to be happy with it).If i jump it hard the track makes some noise like it is sliping under the tunnel.I have no manual for the proper track tension but maybe i'm a bit heavy for this sled.I'm running about 1.5 inch slack, mid track with 20lbs pull.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as track tension goes since the early 80s i have always run mine as loose as possible with out slipping. If yours only does it when you jump i would worry. If it starts to happen more often just a small adjustment will cure it.

Top Bottom