Zilla's VS Mudzilla's....the truth.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So me and my buddy went out to a swamp near his house and as soon as all 4 tires dropped in he just sunk down, with zillas. After I pulled him out a number of times I had to try out my mudzillas. Wow what a difference, they pulled me through the whole swamp and more. We will get pics..

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice man, have been looking at em but a lil hard on the wallet, would love to see sum action shots

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Popo 850 with zillas and my Brute 750 with Mudzillas

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zilla's VS Mudzilla's....the truth
I don't think anyone would ever suggest that the Zillas will work as well in the mud as Mudzillas. The truth is, that as a overall good tire for most conditions, the Zillas are superior to the Mudzillas. Try some fast trails, some drag racing, and some tight trails....the Zillas will walk away from the Mudzillas.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll get some pics up of the tires in the mud, but for the majority of riding we do, I wish they made a MudZilla in a 28 with 14" rim.

Yes the Zilla's have a smoother ride and they hook up in hard pack a bit better, but in the mud Ryan's Brute walks all over my quad...... Except for water wheelies... I'll blame your clutching ;)

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your leaving allot out in your evaluations. Mud is not everything. The weight differance alone between the Mudzilla and the Zilla alone makes it a no go for some bikes. The Mudzilla is also harder on axles and really suck on the trails and hard pack.

If mudding is your only use, great, use the Mudzilla's, but I suspect the majority of riders are in the mud about 10% of the time and the other 90% they are on trails and hardpack. Then the Zilla's are the way to go.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More like 90% mud and 10%trail where I ride so im happy with the Mudzilla.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will run my 30 zilla`s against 28 mudzilla`s any day....If you want a true mud tire,why not go out law,back or even terms...The uneven tread lenghts on the mudzilla`s create that constant shimmy and on the trail, they are an awfull tire. Wait till you try to climb over a rock or log, that long tread bar sucks.
An outlaw / back is a far better trail tire and MUCH better in the mud, and as for an all around tire the zilla`s are #1. They are light and will spin before you hear your axle go "ting", i like that...

If i have to power 40 lbs ,sorry it`s a outlaw/back/term/ or monster....imo

Hell even Dave agrees with me ,and we don`t agree on much ....lol

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly from the trail riding I've done with these tires, I dont see how they are such a "terrible" tire except for mud.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned the 150 pound weight difference between the PoPo and the Brute. This might have an affect on the sink/swim capabilities of said tires.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta chime in here. IMO, the best hands down in the mud is the Outlaw, nice and soft and pliable grabs bigtime side and bottom. For me, it seems to be a time of season thing, early in the year I run the Outlaws when lots of wet exists, later in the year things dry up i switch over to a lower lug harder rubber tire , still aggressive but its just a bit more fun to carry a bit more speed, less weight. i keep both sets mounted on rims, 15 mins to switch em if the weather changes for a the odd ride. The Outlaws rock in the snow also. My experience, similar quads same mud, the Outlaws outperform both the competition huge, closest being the D- backs.

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
I've experienced the digging straight down with the zilla's. When my femme with under 10 hrs seat time can make it through a mud hole with 26" ITP mud lites on a 2005 Kodiak 400 and I can't get through it with a 2008 King Quad 750 with 26" Zilla's......well....that's where I draw the line. I manned up big time to 27" outlaws. Zero complaints now. Zero

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've experienced the digging straight down with the zilla's. When my femme with under 10 hrs seat time can make it through a mud hole with 26" ITP mud lites on a 2005 Kodiak 400 and I can't get through it with a 2008 King Quad 750 with 26" Zilla's......well....that's where I draw the line. I manned up big time to 27" outlaws. Zero complaints now. Zero

How do you find those outlaws on hard pack sand/trail? Right now I am trying to pick either from the laws or zilla's....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you find those outlaws on hard pack sand/trail? Right now I am trying to pick either from the laws or zilla's....
Apples vs oranges, man. Want to rock the mud, give up trailability, lose some power from the weight....go Law, Back, Mudzilla.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get through way more then my buddy with mudlites so I don't know what you're talking about. The rider perhaps....

Top Bottom