YouTube wants phone number to sign in or open account?

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
WTF.I tried to sign into my account today it wants to text you or voice mail you a code to set up.Is it me or does anyone else think this is stupid.Yes i have been drinking so maybe its not as bad as i think.It says it wont use or post the phone number anywhere..... humm just like I'm on the do not call list and get one every 3rd night.Not sure about this.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF.I tried to sign into my account today it wants to text you or voice mail you a code to set up.Is it me or does anyone else think this is stupid.Yes i have been drinking so maybe its not as bad as i think.It says it wont use or post the phone number anywhere..... humm just like I'm on the do not call list and get one every 3rd night.Not sure about this.

If its gonna ask me for that information they just might have to close the account. If they arent going to see or post them why do they need them? I didnt think anything was wrong with the user name.

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i forget how i did it but i some how bypassed the phone number part. it's complete bullchit that they need it, just what everyone needs a $2 text message everycouple days with useless facts

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I got a note the other day from Shaw and in essence what they said is that there are some phishers out there using made up Shaw logos and such asking for information to update accounts.

IMHO I would ignore and see what happens to your regular useage in a couple of days. just my $0.02.....

Top Bottom