Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep getting these emails to my Sled posting on Pay Pal & Kijiji

Anyone else ever get these??

Did you ever follow up with him???

Sent: October-28-11 12:35 AM
To: $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Subject: Re: E-Mail SALES LEAD from Buysell.com!

Thanks for your reply,i want to buy it for my family motor-homes, I would have loved to come for the inspection myself but i am mostly away,am an engineer and i work offshore most of the time, needless to say, i wont be able to come myself. However I have a private courier agent that will represent me and come for the pick up after the payment has been made,they will handle issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the courier agent.

As for the payment,i can only pay via the safest and secure way to pay online i.e (PayPal) here, as i do not have access to my bank account online,but i have it attached to my paypal account hence my insistence on using pay pal to pay.If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one at www.paypal.com and sign up its very easy. i would have loved to talk to you on phone but i work mainly offshore and our satellite server has been down due to the bad weather which restrict our calls,please get back to me!! i appreciate your time. Thanks

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So reply back to him...tell him that your Paypal account is associated with this e-mail account...when you see funds have been transferred to your account, you will consider the vehicle sold and will await the arival of his agent. I've never had an issue with Paypal....is there a way he can draw out your funds?

Edit: of course it's a scam....nobody who would purchase a sled would use verbage like this...obviously some a$$hole in Nigeria or the like....

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
scammers are usually trying to sell something not buy....

It does sound fishy but some folks do work offshore and if there is no risk to you then so be it....

Now if he says that he will pay you double asking price due to an accounting issue and request you to put 1/2 the payment back into his acount it is a scam, they will make payment hope you see and submit the 1/2 to thier account prior to thier original payment bouncing...then you are on the hook for the withdrawn funds...

Not everything is a scam...but there are lots of tricky ones out there...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so dave what is your bank account info so i can check it out? as in check it out. hehe,

probably in your best interest just to ignore the e-mail or cash only.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
very little risk with paypal, they didn't get to be the biggest in the world by not protecting the interests of thier customers.

so dave what is your bank account info so i can check it out? as in check it out. hehe,

probably in your best interest just to ignore the e-mail or cash only.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, get a job and wrk like everyone else for your money is what I tell them....DAMN

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
paypal protects the buyer.....sellers can be held over a barrell. even if it shows the money has been deposited into your PAYPAL account, it's not your money until they release which takes a week or two. heard lots of horror stories of paypal freezing accounts and keeping the money, even if it's more than what was put in there. be aware....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
hmm.... good to know, I've never heard any complaints.

paypal protects the buyer.....sellers can be held over a barrell. even if it shows the money has been deposited into your PAYPAL account, it's not your money until they release which takes a week or two. heard lots of horror stories of paypal freezing accounts and keeping the money, even if it's more than what was put in there. be aware....

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year my daughter had her '10 f-150 truck listed on kijiji. She received a reply that was worded almost exactly the the same as yours. When she questioned the overseas engineer she repeatedly received the exact response to her questions each time. It was as though the response was pre-programmed.She fianlly told him to send his representitive with the cash or bank draft and she would sign over the truck. Suprise,suprise-nobody came.

Top Bottom