Your opinion on speed limits

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are on a roll, eh!

I bet if the RC's sat at the Pub on a regular basis for a month, you would notice a big drop in speeders. That 60 zone would net them lots of cash.........but then the RC's would have to work wouldn't they.

They had one at the end of my street for about 10 minutes once about a year ago. I think he left because it was too much work writing so many tickets. :)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving to colarado sledding a few weeks back we were pushing 80 mph on cruse control and in Utaw that's the posted speed limit.. Things happen a bit quicker but traffic flows that much faster as well.. I wish we had that as well on the twin hiways

the Rd threw the park is the biggest joke with sheriffs and rcs all over the place making a killing at 90km.. Can't beleve people let that go threw..

yes 110 km on rural hiways is the norm by traffic..

coolcam

Reaction score
Do do you pay taxes? Yes
Do taxes pay for both lanes? Yes

Just saying....

I pay taxes for both lanes and expect to be able to use the left to pass. The signs clearly say slower traffic keep right. If you're in the left lane and I'm right behind you, you're slower traffic and get the F^€< out of my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i pay taxes for both lanes and expect to be able to use the left to pass. The signs clearly say slower traffic keep right. If you're in the left lane and i'm right behind you, you're slower traffic and get the f^€< out of my way.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
can i get an amen!!!

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the hiways, it could be upped in most places. Still gotta remain the same in others. I have a strong opinion about RCMP and city Police Lazer Radar-ing at the end of construction zone. Just looking to steal money than be pro-active. Post 1 cop car with the lights on at the beginning of the construction site. All drivers have to slow down for that. If they don't. Then hammer'm to the damn wall. Doing over 60 k/ph past a cop car with the lights on is a huge fine, About $600.00 I've heard. Cops will still make their money with less wasted resources. Or post a tow truck with it's lights on. Same story.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the cash cow tickets help reduce speeding anyhow. Local radio station news reported the rcmp had a speed trap and stopped 52 cars speeding between kelowna and rock creek, Second rcmp speed trap 20 km down the road the same day stopped 80 % of the same vehicles right after.
Tells me that speeders are goin to speed. proof is in the pudding I say. Been driving late night early mornings and all ****ty roads in between for 30 years now and never had a crash or caused one...30 years and yes I think I drive well over the limit, not sure what that says???

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Orrrrrr.....I could focus on the english language. This seems pretty straight forward to me:

Restrictions on overtaking and passing:

Notwithstanding anything in this Regulation, a person driving a vehicle shall not drive the vehicle so as to overtake and pass or attempt to overtake or to pass another vehicle

(a) by driving off the roadway,
(b) by driving in a parking lane, or
(c) when the act of overtaking and passing cannot be made safely.

Here's the definition of "notwithstanding". Pretty plain that section 23 supercedes "anything in this regulation", including section 22.

Notwithstanding | Define Notwithstanding at Dictionary.com

In both BC and Alberta you are permitted to pass on the right if a vehicle is stopped and making a left hand turn providing your wheels do not go on to the gravel/dirt shoulder, or on to a raised sidewalk. This is considered leaving the roadway. You are not permitted to do it if you must drive onto a crosswalk to do so, or if it is a single lane road other than a one way street. It was explained to me this way by a retired RCMP from BC.

Driving to colarado sledding a few weeks back we were pushing 80 mph on cruse control and in Utaw that's the posted speed limit.. Things happen a bit quicker but traffic flows that much faster as well.. I wish we had that as well on the twin hiways

the Rd threw the park is the biggest joke with sheriffs and rcs all over the place making a killing at 90km.. Can't beleve people let that go threw..

yes 110 km on rural hiways is the norm by traffic..

I agree with the National Park speed limit needing to be raised-at least where it is divided highway. 90 through Banff is ridiculous. Saw the sneaky sneaky speed trap on 1 today and I'm sure they went through a couple ticket books!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In both BC and Alberta you are permitted to pass on the right if a vehicle is stopped and making a left hand turn providing your wheels do not go on to the gravel/dirt shoulder, or on to a raised sidewalk. This is considered leaving the roadway. You are not permitted to do it if you must drive onto a crosswalk to do so, or if it is a single lane road other than a one way street. It was explained to me this way by a retired RCMP from BC.

I agree with the National Park speed limit needing to be raised-at least where it is divided highway. 90 through Banff is ridiculous. Saw the sneaky sneaky speed trap on 1 today and I'm sure they went through a couple ticket books!!
Yes the group of us made good time -average speed was way up there

Good thing for the cars coming towards us, warning of that sneaky trap

Cop sitting alone in a chair behind one of the animal tunnels

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pay taxes for both lanes and expect to be able to use the left to pass. The signs clearly say slower traffic keep right. If you're in the left lane and I'm right behind you, you're slower traffic and get the F^€< out of my way.

Depends how fast I am going.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speed limits are highly over rated.....

This is why I sold mine. Just not smart enough to keep it under a100km. I seen the writing on the wall, I always say speed doesn't kill it the sudden stop after you lay er down.

coolcam

Reaction score
Depends how fast I am going...

The only thing it depends on is if you're passing someone. I don't care if you're doing 90 in the left lane, as long as you're passing someone. Once you're passed the car move over. Slower traffic keep right. It's as simple as that. Has nothing to do with speed.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing it depends on is if you're passing someone. I don't care if you're doing 90 in the left lane, as long as you're passing someone. Once you're passed the car move over. Slower traffic keep right. It's as simple as that. Has nothing to do with speed.

Exactly its not speed related. It depends how fast your going at the time.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly its not speed related. It depends how fast your going at the time.

If you are sitting in the left lane doing 2 km/hr faster than the guy you are passing, speed the hell up and quit blocking the passing lane. I suspect you know better but are hung up on semantics for reasons only you know.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are sitting in the left lane doing 2 km/hr faster than the guy you are passing, speed the hell up and quit blocking the passing lane. I suspect you know better but are hung up on semantics for reasons only you know.

Lol. I see its working...

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are sitting in the left lane doing 2 km/hr faster than the guy you are passing, speed the hell up and quit blocking the passing lane.
WhyTF would he have to speed up, if he is still faster than the guy he is passing???
Just because you're behind and going 2 kms/hr faster than him :confused:

Top Bottom