Your opinion on speed limits

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is with DP who is flying up behind u. 120 plus in a 100 zone. have miles of passing room, will pull in behind a guy doing 105-110kph, then decide to follow for miles on a guys bumper. now these dp's I love pissing off to no end. sure hope they are late for there golf game!!! :confused:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't intentionally hold them up, but I don't go out of my way to get out of theirs.

So speeding up a couple km/hr or slowing down a couple you see as going out of your way !!!!! Typical, another self absorbed trucker whining and criticizing other drivers on the road when in truth more part of the problem than the solution. Why should you have to touch your cruise control eh, cause you're special, those 8 people waiting to pass, screw em, they'll go when youre good and ready .

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is so much better then brand bashing....I'm sitting back watching the magic unfold.
should I dare add these dam cyclist that eat up the lanes. I'm sure theres a few that want to join in with an opinion.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lack of common courtesy and an attitude like some display in this thread is the real "biggest" problem on hiways . There are aggressive , passive, stupid, immature , selfish, and wanna be race car drivers in all roads. What the bells wrong with , let em go by and let someone else deal with the issues they create . But nope, some guys need to cause the dumba$$es to conform to what they think is proper road habits.
Just get the hell out of the fast lane if someone wants to go faster , what the hell is it to you. Let em do what they do , not what you think they should do.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the people that don't know what a rear view mirror is for. You can follow them for miles and they are totally oblivious that you are even behind them.
When I retire I'm going to buy an 80 mm cannon mounted on my truck and blow up motor homes holding me up ! Lol just sayin

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So speeding up a couple km/hr or slowing down a couple you see as going out of your way !!!!! Typical, another self absorbed trucker whining and criticizing other drivers on the road when in truth more part of the problem than the solution. Why should you have to touch your cruise control eh, cause you're special, those 8 people waiting to pass, screw em, they'll go when youre good and ready .
exactly! glad you see it my way. I'll speed up, but only if I see them try to cut to my right to pass, then I'll hammer down

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lack of common courtesy and an attitude like some display in this thread is the real "biggest" problem on hiways . There are aggressive , passive, stupid, immature , selfish, and wanna be race car drivers in all roads. What the bells wrong with , let em go by and let someone else deal with the issues they create . But nope, some guys need to cause the dumba$$es to conform to what they think is proper road habits.
Just get the hell out of the fast lane if someone wants to go faster , what the hell is it to you. Let em do what they do , not what you think they should do.
lol....yeah, why should anyone living in a law abiding, civilized society want people to drive safely or follow any laws or rules on public highways. we should go a step further and just turn a blind eye to all crime, because who are we to decide someone is doing something wrong, if that drunk guy wants to swerve all over the highway, just slow right down so he gets past you and then it's not your problem. same with robberies, and hell, why not murder? mind your own business, as long as it doesn't involve you, why should you care? that's an awesome attitude, one you seem to display proudly. the degradation of societal values.

me me me

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....yeah, why should anyone living in a law abiding, civilized society want people to drive safely or follow any laws or rules on public highways. we should go a step further and just turn a blind eye to all crime, because who are we to decide someone is doing something wrong, if that drunk guy wants to swerve all over the highway, just slow right down so he gets past you and then it's not your problem. same with robberies, and hell, why not murder? mind your own business, as long as it doesn't involve you, why should you care? that's an awesome attitude, one you seem to display proudly. the degradation of societal values.

me me me

By that logic you should be tackling and detaining anybody who looks like they could be up to no good.......you know cuz if your going to govern traffic as you see fit based on pure speculation,you might as well.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

me me me
Oh gimme a break. How about using the example of a speed limit of 110 and two vehicles doing 100 and 101 respectively and trying to pass each other or see-sawing holding up those that can do the speed limit. It's ignorant plain and simple and something I have been frustrated by more than once.

What matters more than the speed is the flow of traffic. If everyone is doing the same speed and your doing 20 above or below that you are the hazard. Better to go with the flow until you can safely get by if you do want to go a little faster than the pack or stay in the slow lane if a bunch of faster moving vehicles come up on you.

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speed limits on major highways should be brought up 10 at least. Hwy 1 and hwy 2. It has been proven that when the limit has been brought up many don't go that fast. For the stupid ones, well there like the black slate of sledding. There gonna be stupid regardless.

a lot of people here saying not to raise the limit. Well why are we governing ourself with un-necessary speeding laws.... Why not let mistakes happen and common sense prevail and spread. People need to learn how to drive, it is this type of thinking I now have to wear a helmet when on my peddle bike going to the local convinience store. Or now there are teebogin laws for kids in the winter time. LAME!

Taxes... Well this is simple. Raise the limit. More people drive within there means at the speed limit. Less tickets are issued, less enforcement is needed. there we all save money.

also a lot of the speed limits set today are from standards that where developed in the 60's & 70's. Now I don't know about you but my Chevy Cruze sure as **** handles better than my 68 Beaumont. Is it fully capable of being a better handling vehicle at 130 than my Beaumont at 100. YES. Too boot it is 10 fold safer. These standards should be looked at with today's vechicles.

COQ is at 120 and this is a mountain highway... Yet a highway in farm land is either 80-100-110. Yup makes perfect sense to me.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

me me me

Seriously?? That's the best logic you can come up with?
Do you really feel that blocking a speeding driver from passing you is the safest move for everybody?? Or just best for you cuz of your righteous attitude.....talk about me me me

No one is expecting you to break the law....just get out of the damn way a soon and as safe as possible.......the idiots with the righteous attitude of impeding traffic to stop a driver from overtaking them is more dangerous on the roads than the guy who is speeding.....
maybe you need to quit your job and become a Sherriff so you can clean up the highways........

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

me me me

Hey mods, there's been a malfunction. My post answering teeroys silly response towards my awesome attitude was deleted, probably by mistake. He was bringing to light his opinion regarding my attitude, and comparing what the topic was about to a ridiculous wildly exaggerated group,of scenarios that had absolutely nothing to do with displaying a tad of courtesy by either speeding up slightly or slowing down slightly to cause the flow of traffic to be smoother, which is what I was suggesting would be a positive change.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you really feel that blocking a speeding driver from passing you is the safest move for everybody?? Or just best for you cuz of your righteous attitude.....talk about me me me

No one is expecting you to break the law....just get out of the damn way a soon and as safe as possible.......the idiots with the righteous attitude of impeding traffic to stop a driver from overtaking them is more dangerous on the roads than the guy who is speeding.....
maybe you need to quit your job and become a Sherriff so you can clean up the highways........

Careful, he's a whiner, you're gonna get disciplined. Lol.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lol....I just came up with a response that I knew would get Lenny riled up....calm down.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey mods, there's been a malfunction. My post answering teeroys silly response towards my awesome attitude was deleted, probably by mistake. He was bringing to light his opinion regarding my attitude, and comparing what the topic was about to a ridiculous wildly exaggerated group,of scenarios that had absolutely nothing to do with displaying a tad of courtesy by either speeding up slightly or slowing down slightly to cause the flow of traffic to be smoother, which is what I was suggesting would be a positive change.
I guess it was better than I had originally anticipated :Happy4:

could you post it again? I had to go to Pa's for dinner

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow now I see why on a nice dry road there are accidents.
One person feels it's their right to go 20 or 30 over the speed limit.
The other thinks they can be in the fast lane just barely passing someone.
The guy going fast drives up their butt and expects you to speed up to their speed or cut in the right lane so, not to slow them down.
The one going slow just stays in the left lane, because they think you should not be speeding.
Now should the speed limits be raised yes on certain roads.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow now I see why on a nice dry road there are accidents.
One person feels it's their right to go 20 or 30 over the speed limit.
The other thinks they can be in the fast lane just barely passing someone.
The guy going fast drives up their butt and expects you to speed up to their speed or cut in the right lane so, not to slow them down.
The one going slow just stays in the left lane, because they think you should not be speeding.
Now should the speed limits be raised yes on certain roads.

Yep sounds about right to me.maybe these guys are just pulling legs to get a reaction too. Come on now tell me how you really feel.

Top Bottom