You know, those cat's are impressive in a way...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
have a 12 and a 13 proclimb CAT on the sled deck, like them both, the 13 is narrower than the 12 by 4" and it is noticeable. Both now have e-start, the 12 is just about or just over 4000kms of fun!

the 13 is at 1km, because its got a new gauge cluster under warranty.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison pictures of the M series and pro. Ive always said the pros feel EXACTLY like an M series. Wont deny that the sleds work good, but personally hate both chassis with a passion.

HILCLMR

Reaction score
The main reason I like Cat is due to the out of the box horsepower, since 2010 they had 160ish, depending on who's dyno test you were looking at. Everyone else was struggling to get above 140hp, some never did that even.
If a mod guy wants a solid foundation to build power, it will be with a Cat. All big 3 chassis get the job done, and if looking at the evolution of mountain sleds, take a look at approach angle, factory use of extroverts, lower centralized mass, narrower running boards.....list goes on and on. Now with factory 174's have the manufacturers decided that they have extracted what they can out of the chassis? I'm leaning that way for sure.
Are there mods I would like to do to either of my M's? You bet, but they are for feel other than function. However there is one thing that has stood the test of time when it comes to deep powder riding, The more you throw, the further you go.....Why else would a 650lb Yamaha go up a chute at 70mph when a 550lb 160hp will turn out?
My $0.02
Gawd I need to go riding!

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo and poo copied the M and then cat goes and copies the rev. Brutal. Maybe the next chasis cat can copy the 1992 phaser.

You know how fast that would be if they copied the phaser? Bet it would go over 100mph!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i find my proclimb to be a much better handling sled than my old M was. on the flat (or should i say gentle slopes) i find the proclib either likes to be all the way over or not at all and can be a little tougher to keep pointed up hill on gentle slopes than the M.

i will admit, i rode an XM for a bit last year though and i did love it, seemed almost effortless to ride. but still love my sled, and love the durability of cat, mine has seen some pretty good impacts and i have yet yo have to replace a part except one steering rod and that took it being tossed off the back of a truck at 100km/hr into a ditch

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find my proclimb to be a much better handling sled than my old M was. on the flat (or should i say gentle slopes) i find the proclib either likes to be all the way over or not at all and can be a little tougher to keep pointed up hill on gentle slopes than the M.

i will admit, i rode an XM for a bit last year though and i did love it, seemed almost effortless to ride. but still love my sled, and love the durability of cat, mine has seen some pretty good impacts and i have yet yo have to replace a part except one steering rod and that took it being tossed off the back of a truck at 100km/hr into a ditch

Why were you riding it on the back of a truck? Drunk ride home?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an 11 m8 153 and have for the previous four seasons and almost 4000 miles, i also ride a 14 m8000 162 just got it this year, after the first couple rides i really preffered my old m, ecspecially around home, but after the last couple rides im really starting to like the proclimb, 180 miles so far on it and enjoy it more everytime i ride it, some guys i think expected to jump on it and have it feel like a better mchassis like the xm to the xp but its a whole new animal, not a flexible dildo shadow of its old self, i still ride my 11 sometimes around home because its way faster thus more fun on the trails lol, low gearing on the 14 and that bigger track just dont cut it when its one of those race ya back to town loser buys the beer days lol

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from an M series to the proclimb when it first came out. While I never had clutch,belt or engine issues; it was a terrible sled. The ride on it is 100% Better than the M, but the handling was horrid. I rode it for 2 years trying different mods along the way. I ended up selling it and buying an XM.

I couldn't go back to riding an M series since the ride is a lot more plush on new models of any brand, but the proclimb was a flop in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 12 was real bad rode my old mans for a few full days in valemount the year it came out, other than the ride quality its improvements stopped there, the 14 or 15 are way different and a much better sled

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 12 was real bad rode my old mans for a few full days in valemount the year it came out, other than the ride quality its improvements stopped there, the 14 or 15 are way different and a much better sled

Yes, that is very true....the 12's were ok, the 13's were pretty good but the 14' s & 15's were much much better. I get a kick on how some guys try a 12' and say the old M's were better....then they base their whole decision on the 1 model that they drove and paint the whole PC chassis as junk.....there is a definite learning/adjustment curve coming off the old M chassis but don't use the 12 or 13's as your deciding factor as to saying its no good...cuz they aint the same

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes, that is very true....the 12's were ok, the 13's were pretty good but the 14' s & 15's were much much better. I get a kick on how some guys try a 12' and say the old M's were better....then they base their whole decision on the 1 model that they drove and paint the whole PC chassis as junk.....there is a definite learning/adjustment curve coming off the old M chassis but don't use the 12 or 13's as your deciding factor as to saying its no good...cuz they aint the same

I gave the proclimb an honest try (obviously owning it for 2 years). Yes there was a learning curve, but the 12 didn't hold a side hill as well as the M series, my brothers M series could climb higher even when we switched machines and the handling was slow to respond and very tiresome. It did how ever ride better, and I could confidently jump it higher and further being a rider forward chassis. But over all the M series IS better than a 12-13 proclimb.

I haven't ridden a 14+, but it was time to try something else. I wasn't willing to buy a newer model of a snowmobile I was displeased with. I'm not an arctic cat die hard, or paid by them, so I had no reason to stick to the proclimb model. I'm glad arctic cat has figured their issues out.

Sent from my iPhone

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy that rides a proclimb and it seems like an awesome sled. Also ride with friends on pros and they are right there as well. Actually pretty cool how good of sleds we have nowadays. Really cant go wrong with any brand. One thing I really do like about the cat is they seem like a great platform to start modding from. Engines are bulletproof, and seems like there is more room to gain horsepower and lose weight than any other brand.

Top Bottom