You know, those cat's are impressive in a way...

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Mike's dog...

image.jpg

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Don't remember where i heard it, but it was likely an unreliable source. Lol

Dealer might've suckered ya lol the cats are like a big block, lots of power but they definitely use more fuel than the others lol not that I worry about Mpg's on my sled.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would quit sledding if fuel and oil consumption were a concern, $15,000 for a sled, $$$$ to haul it around, hotels and food for some, booze for some......fuel and oil are pretty cheap in comparison.....only a long ride would fuel usage be an issue and on those days pack some spare fuel

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I would quit sledding if fuel and oil consumption were a concern, $15,000 for a sled, $$$$ to haul it around, hotels and food for some, booze for some......fuel and oil are pretty cheap in comparison.....only a long ride would fuel usage be an issue and on those days pack some spare fuel

Little extra fuel and oil also a small price to pay for the reliability.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they burn more fuel than all others, i ride with etecs and polaris pros quite regularly and fuel consumption is always about the same, valemount a few weeks ago 15 pro, 14 xm and my 14 m all 163 and we were all within a 1-2 liters of each other every fill up, i may have burned a bit more oil than them but lets see whos motor lasts longer

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You forgot the 25 a day trail pass that's gonna bankrupt me.

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all you guys that think the m is outdated here's a few pics for ya. The basic geometry is identical to a pro. Same foot wells, handlebar position,seat position. My cat is 4" narrower than the pro. Yet one is junk and the other is the greatest.

Nailed it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an 09 m1000 162 and my brother rides a 13 hcr 153 and my dad has a 15 m8000 153 and after a few days in vale I'd say the pro climb is definitely a nicer machine, they constantly climbed higher handled better in the ruts and were less tiring to ride never mind how they absorbed the brutal trails up Allen and Chappell last weekend
They out climbed your 1000 with a 162 track?

togo ripper

Reaction score
I have the power claw and ya I was surprised as well, my rpm was bang on just couldn't get as much ground speed

Top Bottom