You know, those cat's are impressive in a way...

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 12 cat. Put 4000kms on it. Pretty much bulletproof. Dealer pissed me off so I bought new xm. Only 1 ride on it but cat was nicer on trail for sure. I'm not used to xm steering yet... The only day I rode this year was stupid deep in revy few weeks ago. Start of day I couldn't stay on it. But after couple hours was loving it. Cat seemed to have more power but xm in break in mode so not sure yet.. The doo gets on snow a lot better than cat. No doubt about it. I think I will be happy with xm just hope it holds up as well as cat did.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 cat and a 15xm. The cat is a fun sled to ride, good power and maneuvers really good. My new xm takes the fun factor up another level. Both great sleds in my opinion.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 cat and a 15xm. The cat is a fun sled to ride, good power and maneuvers really good. My new xm takes the fun factor up another level. Both great sleds in my opinion.

my point exactly...in an earlier post....comparing an 5 year old discontinued chassis to a 2015 other brand.......and then stating that the '15 is more fun....duh!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didnt even make it to the new year, and the bashing has started. People must be going through snow withdrawls and nothing better to do but sit in front of the monitor!! Good on yas
Giving an opinion isn't bashing. Especially from someone who has ridden one or owns one.
Pathetic how some will jump on ones honest opinion just because they own a Doo.
I haven't ridden a Proclimb yet but I have heard more of the same as the rest have said - the new chassis is much better than the older proclimb's. As far as snow sticking to them I thought that was their claim to fame that it doesn't as much as the others??:confused:

http://youtu.be/iLYXyOL3hxM

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just another pointless opinonated thread started by a doo guy!!

Hmmmm, and yet every doo thread is thrashed and bashed by non-doo guys...... Whatever ;)

Opinions by peeps are opinions.... Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. At least last time I checked we were allowed.... Hehehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, and yet every doo thread is thrashed and bashed by non-doo guys...... Whatever ;)

Opinions by peeps are opinions.... Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. At least last time I checked we were allowed.... Hehehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Off come on ric. No one has time to go to every thread posted by doo guys patting themselves and their sleds in the back and trash it. Not enough time in the day buddy

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Off come on ric. No one has time to go to every thread posted by doo guys patting themselves and their sleds in the back and trash it. Not enough time in the day buddy

shhhh he's sensitive, he bought one of those "doo" things ;)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have every right not to read those brand specific threads..:d

The cat guys are always complaining "Why is it always do vs poo?" or "what about Cats"

Then someone gives an honest opinion and it's not 100% positive... Heaven forbid...:tazz: LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey bud. I know 3 or 4 guys that seem to make it to all of them? Lol.:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, what I love is the fact that some of the self-proclaimed Gods of Sledding on this site, can't seem to make a sled do what they want. My first sled was a 1978 Everst TnT 440, we used to ride with our hands around our knees FFS. The new sleds are all so good, I honestly don't know what you guys are whining about...."Oh I can't seem to make it do what I want" - "whaa whaa it doesn't turn" .....blah blah blah. I think some folks just got it so good these days, without rubber suspensions and rider forward, they wouldn't be able to climb off the trailer.

I love how the experts jump on any given sled that is not set up for their riding style, rider position, weight, etc, and then send it through the wringer after about 4 mins of riding time, and compare it to the sled they've spent hours tweaking just to their liking. #facepalm.....for real? So one guy (who's used to the opposite) jumps on a sled with an uncoupled skid and loose limiter straps and would tell you its too hard to turn and that it can't keep the skis down, someone else (who rides a very similar setup and can steer a sled by track and body English alone) is going to tell you how easy it is to steer with just the track. After riding a lot of sleds over the past 25 yrs on the hill, I can tell you that you to spend at least 15 mins just setting up the suspension to something even remotely close to your set up to give any sled a fighting chance of a fair evaluation.

The new sleds are all exceptional right out of the box, more now than we ever had in the past. Even stuff from 2007-08 was still light years ahead of the previous 30 yrs, and now all the new chassis' (PC, RMK, and XM) have much more ability than most of the riders out there. As someone mentioned earlier, the Viper handles great but the PC is a steaming pile.... LOL great example of brand bias....

Honestly, if you can't jump on any brand of new sled and in 15 mins make it do what you want on the hill, I would say that you aren't as good of a rider as you think. With the calibre of stock sleds these days, only being able to ride one brand of sled is kind of like being a one trick pony. At the very least I would question someone's ability to understand the mechanics of suspension tuning, because even knowing the fundamentals will allow probably 90% of the riders on the hill to get it close enough to where the sled will out perform them.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Well, what I love is the fact that some of the self-proclaimed Gods of Sledding on this site, can't seem to make a sled do what they want. My first sled was a 1978 Everst TnT 440, we used to ride with our hands around our knees FFS. The new sleds are all so good, I honestly don't know what you guys are whining about...."Oh I can't seem to make it do what I want" - "whaa whaa it doesn't turn" .....blah blah blah. I think some folks just got it so good these days, without rubber suspensions and rider forward, they wouldn't be able to climb off the trailer.

I love how the experts jump on any given sled that is not set up for their riding style, rider position, weight, etc, and then send it through the wringer after about 4 mins of riding time, and compare it to the sled they've spent hours tweaking just to their liking. #facepalm.....for real? So one guy (who's used to the opposite) jumps on a sled with an uncoupled skid and loose limiter straps and would tell you its too hard to turn and that it can't keep the skis down, someone else (who rides a very similar setup and can steer a sled by track and body English alone) is going to tell you how easy it is to steer with just the track. After riding a lot of sleds over the past 25 yrs on the hill, I can tell you that you to spend at least 15 mins just setting up the suspension to something even remotely close to your set up to give any sled a fighting chance of a fair evaluation.

The new sleds are all exceptional right out of the box, more now than we ever had in the past. Even stuff from 2007-08 was still light years ahead of the previous 30 yrs, and now all the new chassis' (PC, RMK, and XM) have much more ability than most of the riders out there. As someone mentioned earlier, the Viper handles great but the PC is a steaming pile.... LOL great example of brand bias....

Honestly, if you can't jump on any brand of new sled and in 15 mins make it do what you want on the hill, I would say that you aren't as good of a rider as you think. With the calibre of stock sleds these days, only being able to ride one brand of sled is kind of like being a one trick pony. At the very least I would question someone's ability to understand the mechanics of suspension tuning, because even knowing the fundamentals will allow probably 90% of the riders on the hill to get it close enough to where the sled will out perform them.

Yea what he said.....

Oh and doo owners are douches

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
You have every right not to read those brand specific threads..:d

The cat guys are always complaining "Why is it always do vs poo?" or "what about Cats"

Then someone gives an honest opinion and it's not 100% positive... Heaven forbid...:tazz: LOL

Meh.... I don't even have 100% positive things to say about my sled....I like it but there is always something i would change. I do how ever fail to see how the M series is a better chassis. I have 3 years on an M and now second season on a 12' proclimb and jumping back on and m chassis makes me love my proclimb even more..

To each their own and I'm good with that just make
Me wonder if there was something horribly wrong with my old sled

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If by hours of tweaking you mean 34 seconds with a ten mill wrench to adjust the handlebars then sure your right. I haven't even touched my clickers in 3 years. Any good rider can make any of these new machines do what they want but some like to push it a little further with less effort. You can jump around like Chris Burandt on cocaine on your pro rmk 162 making it do what you want or you can get this new 174 3" deal that skidoo is offering and do it sooooooooo much better

Last edited:

Lanko

Reaction score
Wow Maxwell, just when I thought you couldn't possibly say anything dumber you say this and totally redeem yourself. You make me chuckle.

If by hours of tweaking you mean 34 seconds with a ten mill wrench to adjust the handlebars then sure your right. I haven't even touched my clickers in 3 years. Any good rider can make any of these new machines do what they want but some like to push it a little further with less effort. You can jump around like Chris Burandt on cocaine on your pro rmk 162 making it do what you want or you can get this new 174 3" deal that skidoo is offering and do it sooooooooo much better

Top Bottom