Yanks Peak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodym7

Reaction score
Rumor has it that some people have been up there already and that there is lik e7 feet, sounds kinda like bs to me but lets hear it anyone have any pictures etc......

woodym7

Reaction score
Its east of Quesnel but i think the snow they are talking about if it is really there would be on the north side of Yanks ?????? Probably wrong there but just a guess like i side my gut tells BS......

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt it. I've been doing Yanks as a first ride for 20 years in mid November. Usually only 2-3 feet at that time, every year.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some friends where up sisters on sunday, they drove to the top. no sorry guys

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reports I received over the past week have all been the same. About a foot on the ground between the rocks and the quadders are still riding up there.:mad:

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NO SNOW UP THERE FROM WHAT I HEARD FROM DON AT KAL-TIRE IN WL LAST WEEK!~~! BUT has to be some up there now??:confused::confused:

mxracer328

Reaction score
well i called the hubs motel today to ask about conditions. she said that there is about 8 - 12" in town, and maybe 3 - 4 feet up top but not to hold her to that number. locals are saying that it is still to early, next weekend would look better with the projected snow fall. go to hubsmotel.ca and click on her facebook link. she throws updates on there!!!

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i called the hubs motel today to ask about conditions. she said that there is about 8 - 12" in town, and maybe 3 - 4 feet up top but not to hold her to that number. locals are saying that it is still to early, next weekend would look better with the projected snow fall. go to hubsmotel.ca and click on her facebook link. she throws updates on there!!!

Thanks! Greg at Williams Lake Rec said its suppose to start snowing up there over the weekend and then through out the next week!!:)

mxracer328

Reaction score
buddy of mine went up there saturday said there was 3.5 - 4 ft not much of a base. had to watch for land mines, but its rideable

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my hubby's customers that lives in Quesnel sledded Yanks on the weekend....only 2 feet on top and they were hitting everything. I think we'll wait till there is a good dump before we head that way. It's supposed to snow this week....maybe it will get rid of this cold weather we're having too!

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my hubby's customers that lives in Quesnel sledded Yanks on the weekend....only 2 feet on top and they were hitting everything. I think we'll wait till there is a good dump before we head that way. It's supposed to snow this week....maybe it will get rid of this cold weather we're having too!

(OK!~!) Yes need it to start snowing! ANd i agree with this cold weather! :rant: -25*c plus wind chill !!! NOT COOL

mxracer328

Reaction score
rode there saturday. deff gotta watch out for land mines. meadows were good lots of fluffy snow if you can get off the beaten path. lots of rocks on the hills yet tho.

svdstar

Reaction score
Rode Yanks yesterday... great ride! More snow than we were expecting. There was about 10 to 12 inches of fresh on a good base. Get into the trees and there was a good 2 to 3 feet of fresh pow. Awsome boondocking! We're thinking if heading back that way tomorrow. We still need more snow obviously, put it was pretty good for what we have.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Yanks today, and although they must have had some recent snow....pretty much all areas are pounded out. Must have had alot of sledders all week due to the holidays. If you want some fresh you really have to look for it, we found some but had to weave through the trees to find all the little secret untouched spots. All the good hills to climb are totally tracked out!!:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: WE NEED SNOW!!

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread belongs in the Chilcotin/Caribou/West Coast Forum I think. I always go there to see the conditions and branched out today and found this one.

Top Bottom