XP + Tree = Bogging Problems?

KG1

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have an 09 Summit XP, I was out on the weekend and it met a Tree.
Not an extremely hard impact was doing maybe 20 - 30km/h? But it stopped dead. It hit on the right side and slightly bent the upper A-arm.

When I had extracted it from the tree it started right up, and I went for a small rip (maybe a couple of mins) seemed okay, but then it wouldn't idle and from there it progressively got worse. It runs really rough, similar to how it is right after you roll it to get it unstuck. But it just seems like it won't clear itself out - seems very loaded up. On the trail out it seemed to almost die, then it would get a bit better then repeat this over and over. Was smoking fairly bad too, wouldn't start, etc.

I pulled the plugs and they were black. I checked the oil tank, and it didn't really seem to use much more than normal (but it's hard to tell). I pulled the plastic off and the gas tank, checked for anything abnormal but didn't see it.

Any ideas. Is it possible to dislodge something to make it run like this? My thoughts are too much oil, or not enough gas getting to it. but I can't see anything obvious.

Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.

KG

KG1

Reaction score
I thought of that. I ran it long enough that it should have melted. I also just pulled the intake all apart and it looks clean....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
choke cable? maybe the impact broke an already frayed oil injection cable? just throwing chit out there....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make sure the exhaust system is properly seated. last time i smoked a tree my can dislodged and was being choked out by the plastic and had similar symptoms to yours.

Top Bottom