XM warranty

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was that price then ill decide if it's the fact! And I'm a firm believer warranty is only as good as your dealer!
WEll, i just ordered a new 2014 pro and got the 4 year warranty.and yes I did more for the 4th year warranty , but when i looked at ALL the sleds and the pricing my new pro came in a few hundred dollars LESS than the summit x. I compared the same track size, and with es. that's the facts!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to confirm it in a section I am familiar with. "Among friends so to speak"......

Holy crap tex! You're kidding right.......:wtf1:

It wasn't a snow check so only comes with 1 year.

1800 for 3 years.

sent from my HTC while working

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Fernie.

Buddy just got a 13 rmk 800.

1800.00 bucks to have 4 year.

What was the total price before taxes?
I guess it's not so bad to pay extra for 4 years of warranty considering the fact that he's probably gonna use the ch!t out of it!! The warranty I mean not the sled lol!

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dealer in Pincher creek is one of the best and IF the pro has issues he will get me a demo to ride. They have in the past stepped up to the plate and helped every way possible....also this thread is about the xm warranty so maybe i shouldn't have responed to the thread.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes to the warranty experience on just about everthing you buy these days. Not worth the paper it is printed on if the dealer doesn't look after it correctly and again i can't find anyone that will give a strait answer as to the coverage.

You wait someone will have info after all the snow checks are in and everyone has put money down.

Explain to me how a stator or an injector is a wear item?? Some of the things you listed are wear items but you got yourself carried away and ended up in no mans land. Have a bad warranty experience once?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the total price before taxes?
I guess it's not so bad to pay extra for 4 years of warranty considering the fact that he's probably gonna use the ch!t out of it!! The warranty I mean not the sled lol!

It was 9800.00

And its the rmk. No belt drive, no fatty bars , no riser. The pro was more.
He didn't want the belt p.o.s

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was 9800.00

And its the rmk. No belt drive, no fatty bars , no riser. The pro was more.
He didn't want the belt p.o.s

I wonder what it weighs? But thats not a bad deal for a new mountain sled.
OT though.
Back to XM warranty talk!!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm seriously worried here. This conversation has been goin on for 2 days, and there have been negative inferences made toward Doo products. Predictably snopro immediately responded with typical BS, but cmon you guys, I think Maxwell must be incapacitated or maybe somehow broke both arms,.... cause he hasnt jumped to the defense of " insert negative Doo comment here , thats sorta scarey.
Maybe his Mom cut his internet off in the basement.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm seriously worried here. This conversation has been goin on for 2 days, and there have been negative inferences made toward Doo products. Predictably snopro immediately responded with typical BS, but cmon you guys, I think Maxwell must be incapacitated or maybe somehow broke both arms,.... cause he hasnt jumped to the defense of " insert negative Doo comment here , thats sorta scarey.
Maybe his Mom cut his internet off in the basement.

It's not that difficult. This warranty is no different than last years 3yr. If your dealer sucks and treats you like crap then ya your probly going to have issues still. But if your dealer takes care of you they will warranty everything and anything other than wear items. Sliders and bushings etc. and even then if its premature they will look after it. Chit we broke a t motion linkage and the dealer was going to put a new track on the unit because it got a scratch!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 year warranty was a big reason for me snowchecking this year as have yet to get a doo 800 past 2100 miles on the last three motors, and I still like them better than the other brands. No I can't explain why I bought another doo?!?!?
I would not expect small wear and tear items to be covered. Did not read the fine print as long as big ticket items covered for the 4 years.
Friggin CAT401 makin me rethunk wat I've done!

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The 4 year bumper to bumper warranty will be like any automotive manufacturer's bumper to bumper warranty.......... Wear and tear items looked at and judged on the wear, and even lite bulbs, brake pads etc, will be considered, depending on if it's a premature wear......... Best coverage in the industry!!! Bar none!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not that difficult. This warranty is no different than last years 3yr. If your dealer sucks and treats you like crap then ya your probly going to have issues still. But if your dealer takes care of you they will warranty everything and anything other than wear items. Sliders and bushings etc. and even then if its premature they will look after it. Chit we broke a t motion linkage and the dealer was going to put a new track on the unit because it got a scratch!!

Atta boy ! Lol

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 year warranty was a big reason for me snowchecking this year as have yet to get a doo 800 past 2100 miles on the last three motors, and I still like them better than the other brands. No I can't explain why I bought another doo?!?!?
I would not expect small wear and tear items to be covered. Did not read the fine print as long as big ticket items covered for the 4 years.
Friggin CAT401 makin me rethunk wat I've done!

Did you buy one of those beefed up Freerides to handle the abuse you like to hand out? :bullrider:

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you buy one of those beefed up Freerides to handle the abuse you like to hand out? :bullrider:

Nope, just a 163X........still way tougher that any pussy cat out there! LMAO buddy

Just back from renshaw last night so heading to the farm tonight for one last rip before the bikes come out

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, just a 163X........still way tougher that any pussy cat out there! LMAO buddy

Just back from renshaw last night so heading to the farm tonight for one last rip before the bikes come out

uhhh, hello.....I have a Cat with an engine that I didn't touch until 5000 miles, then just top end...still going strong and never been beat (one of my Firecats)

how many miles you getting on your tough doo's again???? :D

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uhhh, hello.....I have a Cat with an engine that I didn't touch until 5000 miles, then just top end...still going strong and never been beat (one of my Firecats)

how many miles you getting on your tough doo's again???? :D

Skidoo trail sleds to forever too what's your point lol. Guys out east trade 2 stroke etecs in with 10000k and get good value. Mountain sleds take a beating like no other

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo trail sleds to forever too what's your point lol. Guys out east trade 2 stroke etecs in with 10000k and get good value. Mountain sleds take a beating like no other

yah, no ch!t Sherlock.....don't know where we'd be without your thorough knowledge on every subject...lol

I was just making a point to a friend of mine who just stated that he had trouble getting good mileage out of his engines.....I know trail riding sleds usually last longer than mountain driven sleds but if you have ever seen my son ride you would know that this Firecat wasn't driven like your average trail sled.

But thanks for your always valuable input :rolleyes:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah, no ch!t Sherlock.....don't know where we'd be without your thorough knowledge on every subject...lol

I was just making a point to a friend of mine who just stated that he had trouble getting good mileage out of his engines.....I know trail riding sleds usually last longer than mountain driven sleds but if you have ever seen my son ride you would know that this Firecat wasn't driven like your average trail sled.

But thanks for your always valuable input :rolleyes:

Anytime, glad I was able to help you understand

Top Bottom