XM warranty

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not that difficult. This warranty is no different than last years 3yr. If your dealer sucks and treats you like crap then ya your probly going to have issues still. But if your dealer takes care of you they will warranty everything and anything other than wear items. Sliders and bushings etc. and even then if its premature they will look after it. Chit we broke a t motion linkage and the dealer was going to put a new track on the unit because it got a scratch!!

Thats a dealer to keep forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toss in a 1000$ track on the sight of a scratch... noice!!!!!!!!!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm seriously worried here. This conversation has been goin on for 2 days, and there have been negative inferences made toward Doo products. Predictably snopro immediately responded with typical BS, but cmon you guys, I think Maxwell must be incapacitated or maybe somehow broke both arms,.... cause he hasnt jumped to the defense of " insert negative Doo comment here , thats sorta scarey.
Maybe his Mom cut his internet off in the basement.

Lenny Lenny Lenny why wouldn't I respond you tard? I have been in the business for about the same time you have been through grade school,close to 30 years. When someone tells me a stator or an injector or a coil isn't warranty then I'm going to call them out on the "XM" thread. You seem to be upset when someone comments on a Poo thread yet you don't follow your own advice. Beat it and come back if you have something useful to say that is actually legitimate. Pretty please??

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lenny Lenny Lenny why wouldn't I respond you tard? I have been in the business for about the same time you have been through grade school,close to 30 years. When someone tells me a stator or an injector or a coil isn't warranty then I'm going to call them out on the "XM" thread. You seem to be upset when someone comments on a Poo thread yet you don't follow your own advice. Beat it and come back if you have something useful to say that is actually legitimate. Pretty please??

Ditto, get lost and come back when you have something even remotely interesting to say that isn't another a$$ kissing Doo hugging, Maxwell tugging comment. Good for you you've been in business 30 years, good for us you've only been on the forum since 2009, or we would have been subject to this same perpetual Doo Fest crap regardless of facts , for even longer. And no I'm not the least bit upset, just telling you what most think but won't say.

Oh , and I know lots of old guys, been around a while myself, and realized years ago that being old with a big mouth, doesn't necessarily mean you know it all. You have a nice night in your Jammie's.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto, get lost and come back when you have something even remotely interesting to say that isn't another a$$ kissing Doo hugging, Maxwell tugging comment. Good for you you've been in business 30 years, good for us you've only been on the forum since 2009, or we would have been subject to this same perpetual Doo Fest crap regardless of facts , for even longer. And no I'm not the least bit upset, just telling you what most think but won't say.

Oh , and I know lots of old guys, been around a while myself, and realized years ago that being old with a big mouth, doesn't necessarily mean you know it all. You have a nice night in your Jammie's.

Almost 11:00 Lenny....time for your meds again.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here. from warranty documents

The following items are what we consider Wear items and they are not covered under warranty
unless failure is a direct result of a defect in material or workmanship.
Anodes Drive belts Suspension Bushings
Batteries Filters Suspension slider shoes
Brake pads Finished and unfinished surfaces Suspension springs
Brake disks and drums Fuses Tires
Clutch plates/pads Light bulbs/Sealed Track
Clutch replaçable bushings Lubricants Wear ring
Clutch sliders Ski wear rods
Clutch springs Spark PlugsThe following items are what we consider Wear items and they are not covered under warranty
Clutch springs Spark Plugs

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
geesh. really bothers some folks that BRP is building a product they are willing to back for 4 years LOL. thats a serious commitment to a mountain sled. nuff said

Yea that could be 40,000KM for me.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By saying 40,000km, one could say the engine could wear out too! I got the 3 year on mine. Won't be dooing 10,000km a year though, mama said.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uhhh, hello.....I have a Cat with an engine that I didn't touch until 5000 miles, then just top end...still going strong and never been beat (one of my Firecats)

how many miles you getting on your tough doo's again????

Hey now come on!! This is a doo thread and you are a trolling cat lover.........................you have got to expect a few stray shots in your direction!!!!! :kickass: :D

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here. from warranty documents

The following items are what we consider Wear items and they are not covered under warranty
Clutch springs Spark PlugsThe following items are what we consider Wear items and they are not covered under warranty
Clutch springs Spark Plugs

Whew, at least that top quality isoflex bearing is not on the list! Would be shocked if wear items made the list of being covered cosidering the use a mountain sled is intended for. Not everyone is a cabin dweller and lots of sleds get pounded pretty hard.
Is there any mention of when a top end will be required or will 40,000Km be OK and covered when the piston skirts shatter???

Top Bottom