Xm can thread

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The guy from the sledshe (Al?) specifically told my dealer that you should either add 2 grams or go with the blue spring.. neither of which are a big deal.. but part of me doesn't want to phuk with the clutching on my brand new sled over a can... who knows, might make it all work better

My dealer is bringing one in, and we'll experiment on my sled.. guess i'll give it a try and find out.

This is just to eliminate the bog in the mid range.. supposedly.

Doug, have you noticed any mid range bog on your 12 etecs ?

I didn't notice anything last year. I'll see if there is a difference this year and let you know. No big deal to add a little weight or change the spring, IMHO.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy from the sledshe (Al?) specifically told my dealer that you should either add 2 grams or go with the blue spring.. neither of which are a big deal.. but part of me doesn't want to phuk with the clutching on my brand new sled over a can... who knows, might make it all work better

My dealer is bringing one in, and we'll experiment on my sled.. guess i'll give it a try and find out.

This is just to eliminate the bog in the mid range.. supposedly.

Doug, have you noticed any mid range bog on your 12 etecs ?

well I just ordered 1 directly from sled shed and they did not mention anything regarding clutching so I just sent them an email to see their thoughts on this.

like you say no biggie but I want mine to work right from the get go,

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When mine came in it had a note in the box that said for 2012-13 etecs you might have to add 3 grams. No biggie really, I'll try it out and if it bogs i will add weight.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently you can't do a search for C&T so thought I would ask here.
Has anyone run a C&T on an Etec? How did it perform? I like the fact it only weighs 2.5lbs!

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the carbon sled parts can? If so ya there are sweet. Ran one on my 2012 etec loved it and sounds awesome.
I would run one again on the new sled but... P.I.T.A for a cooker!
C&T sells them but you can also get them directly or ebay.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the carbon sled parts can? If so ya there are sweet. Ran one on my 2012 etec loved it and sounds awesome.
I would run one again on the new sled but... P.I.T.A for a cooker!
C&T sells them but you can also get them directly or ebay.

Ya it would be whichever carbon fibre can they sell.
Did you have any bog issues in the mid-range or need to fiddle with pin weights with that can?

sledshedrevy

Reaction score
the note we put in with the etec cooker can is due to what we observed over the last two seasons of use on them.
due to that we dont know weather it is going on a 136 to a 163 we noticed that the light guys on shorter tracks could see a mid range stumble if you Stabbed the throttle abruptly at low elevations .the stumbe comes from the motor going to the rev limiter, you cant see it on the guage , only on the dyno,s computer . but being an old rider i noticed the symptom in the field .
this comes due to the fact we make the motor come to rpm faster with our can design . the use of the 130/350 spring was an easy fix as it loads the motor sooner and doesnt allow it to get away on the clutching / not all etec's will need this .just some .
saw the same symptom show on some clutch kitted sleds . the best fix foer the kitted ones was the use of the softer secondery spring that some etecs used .
these recommendations are only heads up for those that may see an issue due to there clutching not loading there system as well as it could .

etecs make there best power at 7850rpm . rev limiter is around 8150 as opposed to the carbed r motor being happiest at 8250 and the rev limiter around 8600.
hope this helps some .
by the way the cooker can is flowed to match the stock pipes capacity at wide open throttle and we have run the design up to 260 hp on the cat 1100 turbo . modified to do so but is capable of a lot more flow than the stock r motor .

Roybrew

Reaction score
Hi there, I am interested in possibly 2 of the HPS cans. Can you tell me how much please? Thanks, Dan

bailer

Reaction score

Hey sweet, thanks for the video. I have run J&T on my '05 summit800, and my '08 summit800. I think I will go same for my '13 etec.

We always bike down in Rexburg and I picked the cans up while there. Not sure how to get one up in Canada now?

I have really liked the fit and finish, plus the ceramic lets you remove all the foil backed foam as well.

wilwap

Reaction score
Has anyone used the straightline performance carbon fibre can? My dealer is telling me that they are selling a lot of them. I had a Neils Power Pipe on my 09 and loved the sound of it. Anyone use one on an etec?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Sno pro is right here... A can is not going to give you any hp.. You would be soooo lucky to even get a half a hp out of a can. Most of the cans out there actually lose hp! MBRP was the best can IMO for quiet a while... And the reason for that was it was the only one that didn't hinder the hp rating. Maxwell can vouch for my sled last year I tried a few cans..
And let me tell you.... A couple hp loss would have been an improvement for what those things did to my sled lol.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sno pro is right here... A can is not going to give you any hp.. You would be soooo lucky to even get a half a hp out of a can. Most of the cans out there actually lose hp! MBRP was the best can IMO for quiet a while... And the reason for that was it was the only one that didn't hinder the hp rating. Maxwell can vouch for my sled last year I tried a few cans..
And let me tell you.... A couple hp loss would have been an improvement for what those things did to my sled lol.

did ya try THE THING? not looking to gain but chit def dont wanna lose any.

the muff pot seems to cut in a fair bit mines here so pretty sure I will try it.

I also had MBRP on my 2012 and a few 800r's with no issues..... great sound not too loud

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And let me tell you.... A couple hp loss would have been an improvement for what those THINGS did to my sled lol.
are we supposed to guess as to a name for those THINGS!!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big John has been quoted on DooTalk as saying that HPS and MBRP were 2 of 3 cans he tried and dynoed that actually improved HP slightly and didn't create any running issues. Did you try an HPS? Was it on the fail list?

Top Bottom