Wrangler's Cabin

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tembec is logging in the McEvoy/Upper Flathead and hauling up and down Morrissey. It is a plowed road and sleds are prohibited. We (FSA) don't know the situation for pullouts yet but radio controlled from Morrissey up to the Cabin would be recommended. We/they think they will be finished on the Coal Creek road this week so that should be open to the Rolling Hills. Just a little tricky getting from there to the Cabin.

The pipeline is dangerous as TCP has placed deterrents (1 meter rock and large trees) in various creek crossings and in particular the crossing at the Cabin and up the line to the south. The rocks may or may not be marked during early season. They are huge and will be lurking!

I will keep everyone posted as to any further developments

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you didn't find any topaz's there have you.

friggin topaz

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The first picture is looking north from the creek at the cabin. The second picture is north towards Corbin. Note in the second picture the quad down by the creek. The rock is huge and numerous. Please be careful out that way.

Attachments

• TCPL Pipelin Sep 10 2010 002.jpg
    TCPL Pipelin Sep 10 2010 002.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 721
  • TCPL Pipelin Sep 10 2010 012.jpg
    TCPL Pipelin Sep 10 2010 012.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 723

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
What frequiency is Tembec using, also I pushed a large pile over this summer at the bottom of the double hill. had to be pile 6' high, would have been death on a-arms for sure, got it down to around the 4' mark.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 foot of snow at Wranglers today--bust'in pow all day in the truck.. It helps to have a 8" lift...Sorry forgot the camera...Damm!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What frequiency is Tembec using, also I pushed a large pile over this summer at the bottom of the double hill. had to be pile 6' high, would have been death on a-arms for sure, got it down to around the 4' mark.

If I remember I'll check for you. My radio is pre-programmed with words/letters and for Tembec I use CFI-N or CFI-S. Cheers, fs

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember I'll check for you. My radio is pre-programmed with words/letters and for Tembec I use CFI-N or CFI-S. Cheers, fs

My first guess if Tembec is logging this Winter up McEvoy....the road will be closed to non-industrial traffic for safety concerns during the weekedays and open on the weekends. Hate to meet a logging truck coming down from blueberry hill in a truck-sled trailer configuration.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My first guess if Tembec is logging this Winter up McEvoy....the road will be closed to non-industrial traffic for safety concerns during the weekedays and open on the weekends. Hate to meet a logging truck coming down from blueberry hill in a truck-sled trailer configuration.

Yes, that would be a pita!! The road is open but "radio controlled". Even on the weekends contractors will be going in and out with equipment so that is no guarantee that the weekends are really any safer.

The frequency for Tembec is 152.87

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just throwing it out a heads up--mainly for the flatlanders... the 24 to 26km is a dangerous section of road ----a loaded logging truck--- meeting say a truck hauling a 4 place???

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That road is no road for a four place anyways..wait for snow and come up the other way I guess..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We are waiting to get finalized info from Tembec and I will post when I get the info.

Two possibilities: the FSA will mark/flag a trail through the Rolling Hills off the Coal Creek FSR that will come out very close to the cabin and cross the plowed road at 90 degrees; we will look into grooming from Coal Creek FSR to the yellow gates.

FYI.....There is a meeting on Tuesday with the FSA, DoE, TCP, MLA, RDEK rep., and the ATV rep from SRMMAC to try and resolve the issue of the rocks.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are waiting to get finalized info from Tembec and I will post when I get the info.

Two possibilities: the FSA will mark/flag a trail through the Rolling Hills off the Coal Creek FSR that will come out very close to the cabin and cross the plowed road at 90 degrees; we will look into grooming from Coal Creek FSR to the yellow gates.

FYI.....There is a meeting on Tuesday with the FSA, DoE, TCP, MLA, RDEK rep., and the ATV rep from SRMMAC to try and resolve the issue of the rocks.

Very cool...thanks for the update

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Things are falling into place. Following yesterday's meeting, TCP is going out to look at the pipeline crossing at Minnesota Flats (the crossing near the Wrangler's Cabin). They are willing to do something to lessen the danger or impact on our winter recreation. The were talking about taking a hoe in and do some major work. Apparently, the hunters have sort of cleared the other crossings and they are not that dangerous anymore.

It is sort of in their (TCP's) ball park now. Indications are that TCP wants to rectify the situation and be a good corporate citizen. I'm not saying they aren't but this sort of got out of TCP's immediate control.

Good on TCP for stepping up to the plate with a positive resolution.

I'll report further next week and maybe have an update.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just happen to be in the area to help the TCP guys out to visit the site. Good guys trying to do a great job for all...in the end you can not please everyone... they are trying. Snow was melting there yesterday. Some cold temps would still make a good base... Season is almost here..play it safe out there guys/gals..

Manatee

Reaction score
So how are things up at Wrangler's these days. The only time I have ever been there, we parked on Corbin Road and took the pipeline all the way up to the cabin.
I'm curious cause I'll be up there in a month and a half, and am planning on having one day out in that area. And I planned on getting there by way of the pipeline.

Thanks,

Top Bottom