Proud of my snowmobling group

2skis

Reaction score
Last weekend we rode in Fernie, Saturday afternoon we rode the pipeline and headed back to Wrangler's cabin after it started snowing and we lost visibility. We decided to head down just before 4,when heading back we were stopped by a older group saying they had stopped on the trail and could hear two guys yelling for help. We headed that way and stopped and began yelling/listening for the two guys. We faintly heard them and split into to groups trying to get closer to them keeping in radio contact with ourselves. My two buddies were able to talk to the two guys asking if they were hurt, they said no just couldn't get up and out and couldn't ride down.They realized there was no way we could get up to help them( no sled can climb a rock face) so they told the two guys to slide down and walk too us and we were able to double them out to Morrissey staging. My buddy had GPS marked where he was closest to the two. They had staged at Coal Creek so we drove them in there at about 6pm. The sleds were rescued by a guide two days later by dropping two guy in on snowboards to the GPS coordinates. They were covered in a foot of snow and he said without GPS coordinates they never would have found the sleds.

I've been riding with my two buddies in the mountains for 3 years now and I couldn't be more proud the way they handled the situation, we are always looking out for each other and that day we were able to help a couple guys who were likely staying the night up there in bad weather.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to hear a happy ending story good on you guys for stepping up and helping out, next time it could be you... so always help each other out..

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a comfort to all to know there's still a lot of good people like yourselves riding around and willing to help folks in trouble.Great job..

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear Andy from Weirboondocking was able to get the sleds out, He is one of the best sled instructors i have ridden with, He know the back country of Fernie like the back of his hand, if anyone could find it he can, glad to see other riders helping others out, great story with a happy ending

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we sometimes only hear the bad things our sport, theft and other bad behaviors its refreshing and seems to go unnoticed that people helping out happens quite often good on you for recognizing your riding group as well as the others that helped out

slopok

Reaction score
we sometimes only hear the bad things our sport, theft and other bad behaviors its refreshing and seems to go unnoticed that people helping out happens quite often good on you for recognizing your riding group as well as the others that helped out

X2 good job too all involved

Symbiotic

Reaction score
Good on you guys for planning and getting everyone out safely. I love how the sledding community comes together to help one another out when it comes down to making it happen.
Cheers!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Similar story in Revy with my group, three of us on a socked in day, were only about 50-75 feet from Frisby cabin. But so much new snow with no base made for a stuck fest, I parked by the shack and walked in. We were there for an hour or more and it was starting to get dark out. Finally got the two sled's out of the trees by the cabin when two guys on one sled showed up(met them on Boulder the day before, and at the last drop) and asked for help to get one of they sled's out just up the trail. They had been in same situation as us, barely off the trail but so deep and bagged out just couldn't do it. One of our group went right away, to help, while another got a fire started in the shack to come back to. I was just trying to get back to the shack lol walking back. In the end the all sled's got out, we stuck around and made sure they got on the trail, happy days. Ended up seeing them again the next day on Frisby riding.

Day at before a guy broke the bottom of his spindle off his pro, guy offered up his tie wire to use to try and secure it. Never did end up seeing the result if he got out. Was pretty early in the day.

glad to hear there's others that are willing to go out of the way to help fellow snowmobilers.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Nice work Lydel, Chad, Scott, and the 4th buddy on that day. Good old fashioned rural Saskatchewan values and attitude coming to the forefront. Great dudes to ride with and always a good time hanging out with this group. Personally, I've seen 2skis walk quite a way down and back up to help one of their group get unstuck. It was one of those heavy, deep, wet days and 2skis was an inspiration.

2skis

Reaction score
Nice work Lydel, Chad, Scott, and the 4th buddy on that day. Good old fashioned rural Saskatchewan values and attitude coming to the forefront. Great dudes to ride with and always a good time hanging out with this group. Personally, I've seen 2skis walk quite a way down and back up to help one of their group get unstuck. It was one of those heavy, deep, wet days and 2skis was an inspiration.

Thanks Doug!

Top Bottom