Wonder if they are coming back for their damage deposit???

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone a history buff??? did any of the big bootleggers back in the day turn into a major company??? well Im sure their funds help start some either way.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ7Bo0S4x2U&feature=player_embedded[/media]

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well as we get closer to legalization maybe I need to start my empire.......:d

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well as we get closer to legalization maybe I need to start my empire.......:d

I have a place I could rent u ;) comes with pots and soil,all you need are lights ,the stems are already in the pots,just add water.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a place I could rent u ;) comes with pots and soil,all you need are lights ,the stems are already in the pots,just add water.

thats priceless,,,

when the cops come back we just pretend we never did anything same grow op as last time officer nothing to see here...

good on ya it is what it is,,, good luck if ya need a hand let me know,, Ill take the stems lmao

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a documentry on it on netflicks, crazy grow ops in BC, make some serious extra coin on teh side with a little attic op. There was one even in the mountains up in a clearing, they fabed rail cars in lines and burried them feet under the dirt and had fuel generators powering the lights......Unreal how far they go!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This is what we look after at where I work. We are Hygienists, which you will require on a Grow op. In Alberta we all go by the Calgary Protocol. The house will be condemned and you will require remediation then will need to be cleared for mould with a qualified hygienist before you can get a occupancy permit. The residence would now be red flagged.

If you require assistance let me know.

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rented a place that was a old grow op 3 years ago......when I left I had breathing problems.......the place had all the tests done on it for mold before the reno started........the people that moved in after me are now gone and the wife has breathing problems now too......Dr says I dont have azama (spelling ?) but here is a puffer.......WTF? dont know if I trust the tests!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I rented a place that was a old grow op 3 years ago......when I left I had breathing problems.......the place had all the tests done on it for mold before the reno started........the people that moved in after me are now gone and the wife has breathing problems now too......Dr says I dont have azama (spelling ?) but here is a puffer.......WTF? dont know if I trust the tests!

but it didn't kill you....... right?????

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
FACT..... mould has never killed anyone...

Is that in the Bogger Facts book? Right under asbestos.:d

Usually with grow ops they vent everything into the attic. Block off the roof vents and unhook the chimney in the basement. The hot air all comes out the chimney so firstly it's high up so the smell isn't so bad and it's noticed as much in winter months when the chimney is always venting. And yes they core a hole in the basement to tie into the power before the meter if you have underground wiring. They unhook the furnace and hot water tank chimneys and let that hot air into the basement. It's almost like grow op operators all have a manual. Most grow ops I've been out on all are relatively the same. The costs can be high to remediate. Our fees for consulting are between 3500 - 8000. If you get a good restoration contractor the fees are less. The Alberta government requires 3 outdoor, min 3 per floor to include the attic, air samples. Non-viable and Viable samples must be taken and cleared by the viable samples. A report must be given to provide visual and air clearances. I can give you names of good contractors if you require.

Last edited:

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that in the Bogger Facts book? Right under asbestos.:d

Usually with grow ops they vent everything into the attic. Block off the roof vents and unhook the chimney in the basement. The hot air all comes out the chimney so firstly it's high up so the smell isn't so bad and it's noticed as much in winter months when the chimney is always venting. And yes they core a hole in the basement to tie into the power before the meter if you have underground wiring. They unhook the furnace and hot water tank chimneys and let that hot air into the basement. It's almost like grow op operators all have a manual. Most grow ops I've been out on all are relatively the same. The costs can be high to remediate. Our fees for consulting are between 3500 - 8000. If you get a good restoration contractor the fees are less. The Alberta government requires 3 outdoor, min 3 per floor to include the attic, air samples. Non-viable and Viable samples must be taken and cleared by the viable samples. A report must be given to provide visual and air clearances. I can give you names of good contractors if you require.

Thank you,right now it is flagged and nobody is allowed in not even me,Will be dealing with it this week.But if bogger wants to prove that it won't kill you.He can move in this week :)

Last edited by a moderator:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thank you,right now it is flagged and nobody is allowed in not even me

If entering the residence wear the proper PPE. A Tyvek suit, a half faced resporator. Not a dust mask. Ive been in houses in full PPE and the contractor came in with nothing. I actually asked him to go and I would look after things and give him a full report. He thanked me a week later, he actually got real sick and ended up with a lung infection.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If entering the residence wear the proper PPE. A Tyvek suit, a half faced resporator. Not a dust mask. Ive been in houses in full PPE and the contractor came in with nothing. I actually asked him to go and I would look after things and give him a full report. He thanked me a week later, he actually got real sick and ended up with a lung infection.

I have no reason to go in,place makes me sick...But that is nothing to do with the mold....Thanks again,will be calling

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Is that in the Bogger Facts book? Right under asbestos.

No actually it was taught to me in a AIHA supported occupational hygiene course at the UofA....

Asbestos kills, lung tissue is scared as a direct result of asbestos fibres.

Mould will irritate pre-existing conditions and can be dangerous in immunocompromised people.

"Extreme exposure to very high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death; fortunately, such exposures rarely to never occur in normal exposure scenarios, even in residences with serious mould problems. Prolonged exposure, e.g. daily workplace exposure, can be particularly harmful to long term health."

One of my professors at the UofA chuckles at the whole "Toxic mould" craze, lots of hygienists retired on that one......

Just sayin.....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Thank you,right now it is flagged and nobody is allowed in not even me,Will be dealing with it this week.But if bogger wants to prove that it won't kill you.He can move in this week :)

didn't say it won't make you sick...... just won't kill ya....

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! I am sorry to hear that! Brutal! I am in the mechanical trades! PM if you need any mechanical work done and I'll be sure you get the friends and family discount! :D

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks,I will keep you posted.

You might be able to get around this kind of thing if you list yourself as a "roommate" and keep a bit of space and maybe a bed in the house somewhere. That way you can get them to sign a "roommate" agreement and just tell them you are never there. But this also allows you complete access to the house at any point and gets you around quite a few issues.

I have a roommate agreement template I could send you if you wanted to look at it.

Top Bottom