Wonder if they are coming back for their damage deposit???

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might be able to get around this kind of thing if you list yourself as a "roommate" and keep a bit of space and maybe a bed in the house somewhere. That way you can get them to sign a "roommate" agreement and just tell them you are never there. But this also allows you complete access to the house at any point and gets you around quite a few issues.

I have a roommate agreement template I could send you if you wanted to look at it.

that there is a helluva way to get around it but most peeps doing this crap could care less about cheaper rent

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's the same here but in Ontario if the utilities are in the landlords name (included in the rent) the landlord can be held liable by the hydro company for any stolen power......They just make up a number based on how long they figure the op was in operation and you have to pay.....must be true, I saw it on 'Homes on Homes'.

Last edited:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's the same here but in Ontario if the utilities are in the landlords name (included in the rent) the landlord can be held liable by the hydro company for any stolen power......They just make up a number based on how long they figure the op was in operation and you have to pay.....must be true, I saw it on 'Homes on Homes'.

i work for one of the power companies in alberta and we always get paid...

Top Bottom