Wishin mark (kwik racing) a speedy recover

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on Marks team as is Big Dawg, I spoke to Mark this morning at about 9 am, he was waiting to go for surgery at the time. His Surgery was delayed to this evening so I wasn't able to see him. He suffered 2 broken ribs, collapsed lung and a broken collar bone, his arms where the tire was spinning on are quite raw. Honestly if Mark hadn't been wearing his chest protector this would a much more sombre statement. His helmet is trashed where the tire was spinning on it. His chest protector is busted which just goes to show how much force was applied. I just started to wear body armour and I am now a convert. The worst part of all this was trying to find Mark, he was off the track just far enough to lose him in the weeds. The onsite medics were great as was Mike( you know who you are) who kept Mark calm til the parmedics showed up. Mark is at the U of A in 3F2 room 26. I will try to see him tomorrow if any one wished to send a message. Kelly

Wow so unfortunet to hear this news about Mark I hope he gets well soon. Mark is such a great guy and you're a standup friend Kelly for looking after him through this misfortune.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody want to guess what Marks first question was to me on the phone?? Kevin you can't guess cuz you know.
:confused:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Latest update, Mark is walking around abit, surgery for his collar bone went well, thanks to whoever came and saw him and brought chocolate and a mag, as he has no tv. Mark was told about all the get well wishes from you all from my wife as she is filling in for me while I am away. There is a plan afoot to get him home this weekend.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
update on Mark, he is off of morphine as it was making him kinda ill. Tubes are out and the surgery went very well. He is a little overwhelmed at the kind wishes from all of you.hoping to get out on friday or saturday. Got some buds lined up to get him and his baby home.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never met Mark but from his posts he seems a stand up guy. Just another well wisher. Heal up soon

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mark gets out of the Hospital tomorrow, he will be staying with us for the evening and then his buds from Calgary will be taking him home. Hopefully Mark will be able to chat with you himself.

Great news to hear. He should be good to go for another ride with us in the spring....

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Mark wasn't hurt any worse and is on the slow mend (i know how it hurts) oxcycoton will be his best friend for the next while. I met him at the campout as well and was really taken with how nice he was, trying to help others out etc.
All the best in the recovery !!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, first of all, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the kind comments...

i dont have much time cause i still need rest.. on T3's and drove home myself from edmonton today in quite a bit of pain.. but made it...

quads not to hurt and will be fixed and i will be out as soon i can again ...

quite rutted area we where in with 90 degree turns and on a down hill a bit.. lost it at about 60k and i flew off bike and hit hard in the shoulder broke my calavicle and it is pinned now with a 5 inch plate and 9 screws.. i looked at my xray..

about 2 seconds after my hit the quad decided to come to a rest on my body.. as my handlebars where pushed down a bit in my rizer the bike was revving at about 2600 rpm on me...
i weighed it the week before on the scale and it came in at a wopping 880 lbs with only 2 gallons of gas on the rear rack.. i pushed the quad off me with my right arm and hence the big burn looking marks... arm was about 3 times the size and i still am balck and blue all over my body.. ripped my muscles to crap on that arm and just about totally ruptured my bicep...

chest protectors are must.. and i am now considering a better one with arm protection...
the battenfelder rodeo is considering making it manditory to also have a landyard kill switch on your machine..
i believe these are a must too.. if i did not have one it would have been worse....
this should come as a factory installed thing as far as i am concerned... body armor and kill switch are money well spent...
i will post more once i have some time and i have some pics to show you all what still can be done to your self even with these safety items....
imagine is i did not have these....

i was doing about 60 k and caught a rut and flew to the right.. the corner was on a bit of a down hill and turned left....
i am very sore still and on T3's hard to sleep and cough but i will be ok..

i have pics of the injury too so i will post them too.....

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Once again Mark I hope you heal up good. Don't rush anything it's only gonna make it worse.
Thanks for checking in with us !!

Mike

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know if this is morbit..lol but here is 2 pics of myself the nurse took after the swelling went down quite a bit.. where i am holding myself is where i broke the two ribs and the hose was inserted 8 inches into my cavity.. nurse says... it wont hurt that much.. just take a deep breath and count down from 10 real slow.. so i took a deep breath and said 10, 9, 8... SHE PULLS IT LIKE A STARTER ROPE.. YANKS IT OUT! ... ONE GUESS WHAT I SAID! HAHA...

Attachments

• battenflelder fall 2012 rodeo and drag video 027.JPG
    battenflelder fall 2012 rodeo and drag video 027.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 150
  • battenflelder fall 2012 rodeo and drag video 028.JPG
    battenflelder fall 2012 rodeo and drag video 028.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 148

Mud Mum

Reaction score
Hey Mark
You seem in pretty good spirits (maybe it's the T3's doing their thing)

Make sure you take the time to heal properly.

D

Top Bottom