Will they rebuild?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very bad news for McBride
both Valemount and McBride have been sold out by the BC government
The timber in these communities should be processed in them not trucked to the big centre's
The closing of the sawmills basically takes the heart beat out of the community
You can see the effects of a sawmills closing, even when the sawmill went on strike was a big deal when i grew up in Valemount
Do you mean the private corporations that owned the mills sold them out?

driller

Reaction score
no i meant what i said the private corporations sold them but the buyer of the mills should had to have the timber processed in the community and not allowed to haul the logs four and five hours to saw mill. In the bigger mills. Pretty hard for a small town to have much of a future with out a major employer in town.

kefremdad

Reaction score
Was visiting with the owners today and they have plans to open a temporary restaurant in their ski lodge building on the same property within a couple of weeks. Theyre also hoping to be rebuilt and operating by next summer ;)

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The grizz is the place at the edge of town right? If so it is an awesome place for dinner. Just wish we had found it sooner.

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
The Gigglin Grizzly is also going to do a breakfast buffet this winter, there is no age restrictions for this breakfast. Thanks Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366
lkaas1@telus.net

The grizz is the place at the edge of town right? If so it is an awesome place for dinner. Just wish we had found it sooner.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when I turn 60 Ill still be able to get in? LOL. Highly recommend this place to eat. If their breakfast is as good as their suppers,it'll be a hit!

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had some laugh at the restaurant sitting in that little lounge great meals it is a big lost for the village it always a great time in Mcbride never had bad trip there met a alot good people from the village

Top Bottom