Will the USA fall?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading through this thread and it has kind of got off topic from the original post and more on a guns/war debate. The debt load the US has now is even to much for them to pay off at the current amount of money brought in by taxes, its no longer about outrageous spending when there isn't even enough to cover the cost of the interest on the current debt.
Yes the war in Iraq has help lead to the debt crisis and to what avail? I am working in northern Iraq right now in Kurdistan and the warnings are already being issued for when the US pulls its forces out. The oilfield has grown very quickly around here and there is tons of oil being tapped into all the time. The problem falls on the production of this oil, Kurdistan is wanting and have been wanting for it to be its own governed state separate from the rest of Iraq. Though all this the rest of Iraq is still in power and does not allow Kurdistan to build refineries here for the sale of there own oil...it has to be pipe lined south to the nearest refineries then sold back to the Kurds. The warning now is that Kurdistan has issued drilling and exploration rights to oil companies making a lot of money in doing so going against the rest of the country and once the US leaves the Iraq national army will come north and seize these fields and in turn there will only be more blood spilled.
So do I believe that anything was gained from coming here and taking out one government and replace it with another that will end up following the same path...not for one minute. Sure the reason was oil but once the US pulls out it will fall back on tribal beliefs.
The US is in a tough way right now I hope they can come up with some policy that will more evenly spread financial gain, in turn bringing the country out of the rut it is now in.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading through this thread and it has kind of got off topic from the original post and more on a guns/war debate. The debt load the US has now is even to much for them to pay off at the current amount of money brought in by taxes, its no longer about outrageous spending when there isn't even enough to cover the cost of the interest on the current debt.
Yes the war in Iraq has help lead to the debt crisis and to what avail? I am working in northern Iraq right now in Kurdistan and the warnings are already being issued for when the US pulls its forces out. The oilfield has grown very quickly around here and there is tons of oil being tapped into all the time. The problem falls on the production of this oil, Kurdistan is wanting and have been wanting for it to be its own governed state separate from the rest of Iraq. Though all this the rest of Iraq is still in power and does not allow Kurdistan to build refineries here for the sale of there own oil...it has to be pipe lined south to the nearest refineries then sold back to the Kurds. The warning now is that Kurdistan has issued drilling and exploration rights to oil companies making a lot of money in doing so going against the rest of the country and once the US leaves the Iraq national army will come north and seize these fields and in turn there will only be more blood spilled.
So do I believe that anything was gained from coming here and taking out one government and replace it with another that will end up following the same path...not for one minute. Sure the reason was oil but once the US pulls out it will fall back on tribal beliefs.
The US is in a tough way right now I hope they can come up with some policy that will more evenly spread financial gain, in turn bringing the country out of the rut it is now in.

NOS, I am sure being right there you see things first hand as apposed to reading the paper/TV news to make an opinion like most do. However, I honestly think the US is dreaming if they think they can manage to bring these tribes together and work in an amicable way. The history is so imbedded in their culture / society that guns alone cannot change. For example, my father is Greek and my mom Canadian. Greece was under Turkish rule for 400 years and finally they fought back and gained their independence in 1825. One would think that after 400 years your society would have blended and accepted the occupation. 400 years is older than the US. So the "new" world cannot comprehend this and understand that you maybe able to force someone to do something but you will never break their spirit or identity. IMO having the US in Iraq right now is like having a referee but once his head is turned the other way, the slashing and hitting begins. I hope I am wrong and civilization has changed to the better but I am not holding my breath.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have been fighting over there for thousands of years. I think it is kinda comical in some ways how the USA figured that they could go over there and "fix" it. Just another example of how the US GOVT figures that they are better than everyone. It is also a good example of why the US GOVT is hated by somany countries and people. I helped a guy out this week from washington D.C with his bike it broke down and he was able to get some parts shipped in from the states, No parts in canada as it was a bmw bike and it had a catastrphic failure of the final drive assembly. It was interesting talking with him as he said the general attitude of lots of americans is that they absolutely hate what there govt is doing and has done the past few years. And when mentioned i raq he was like dont even get me started on that and then he said we should've never been there in the forst place..

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have been fighting over there for thousands of years. I think it is kinda comical in some ways how the USA figured that they could go over there and "fix" it. Just another example of how the US GOVT figures that they are better than everyone. It is also a good example of why the US GOVT is hated by somany countries and people. I helped a guy out this week from washington D.C with his bike it broke down and he was able to get some parts shipped in from the states, No parts in canada as it was a bmw bike and it had a catastrphic failure of the final drive assembly. It was interesting talking with him as he said the general attitude of lots of americans is that they absolutely hate what there govt is doing and has done the past few years. And when mentioned i raq he was like dont even get me started on that and then he said we should've never been there in the forst place..

I speak with American's daily for my work and I can almost tell you how they feel about the war just by finding out where they live in the US. Most in California and US NE region (NY/Washington) are not in favour of it. The farther south you go it is a different story.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's called a loan, being an American you should know plenty about those.
The guy with the dumbest solution to our debt problem speaks, got any more gems you'd like to throw out there for us? We could use a few more laughs...............hahahahahahaha.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy with the dumbest solution to our debt problem speaks, got any more gems you'd like to throw out there for us? We could use a few more laughs...............hahahahahahaha.

K, here is something for you to laugh at,.. Fich, Moody's or S&P,.. didn't or hasn't as of yet downgraded the US AAA credit rating like in EU or Greece,.. Oh wait because they are US raters,... They were suppose to be downgraded if they didn't cut 4 trillion, .well they didn't and they kept their AAA rating,.. let's not screw our own country, but let's F&^K up others and raise their interest rates,..

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arguing about politics and/or religion is like polishing a turd

at the end of the day, you're still just left with a piece of chit

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't Barak Obama just get Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg to cut a cheque...clear the debt...Voila! States back in the Black everything rockin and rollin again!! It would be an awsome write off for both guys...win/win :) :beer:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't Barak Obama just get Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg to cut a cheque...clear the debt...Voila! States back in the Black everything rockin and rollin again!! It would be an awsome write off for both guys...win/win :) :beer:

even those dbags don' thave close to enough! the US is spending approximately 50 billion per DAY, gates is worth about 50 billion....see the problem

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just what these rich guys need more write offs to avoid paying their share of taxes.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like how the canadians on here think that if the usa falls we will just be sitting back and watching it all happen. we do approx 80% of our trading with the states and it would crash our economy along with the american economy. that said the european economies are even weaker and will also fall with america.

i work in ft mcmurray and there is a lot of chinese interest in our resources. if our economy crashes and we will be unable to extract the resources from the ground and un able to pay our military forces the chinese will come in and take over, set up their own facilities and pipelines.

there is a solution and it involves "turtle shelling" for a few years.
pull all military forces back home to america, why there are still military bases in japan and germany makes no sense.
create more products in your own country to promote more jobs
export more products than import
institute a flat rate income tax like 20% for all income classes and businesses, over taxing the wealthy isnt the best idea as they are the ones who create jobs as they expand their own businesses/corporations and make more money for themselves.

the hardest part is to cut the people within the government that just line their pockets.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the us's credit rating has been down gradded and also the news was saying a couple of the large companies in the states credit ratings has also been down graded. The stock markets are taking a huge hit.. The price of gold was over 1700.00/oz. Crazy.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the us's credit rating has been down gradded and also the news was saying a couple of the large companies in the states credit ratings has also been down graded. The stock markets are taking a huge hit.. The price of gold was over 1700.00/oz. Crazy.

you forget to mention that the Chinese are now PO at the west for not making enough changes to try and fix the problem. It sure is crazy and unfortunately we are not immune from it either. The riots in London is just another example of the lower end "class" of society getting edgy due to lack of jobs etc. I hope it doesn't get worse before it gets better!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you forget to mention that the Chinese are now PO at the west for not making enough changes to try and fix the problem. It sure is crazy and unfortunately we are not immune from it either. The riots in London is just another example of the lower end "class" of society getting edgy due to lack of jobs etc. I hope it doesn't get worse before it gets better!

I hope so too, but to be realistic we better prepare ourselves

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The U.S. has had the proverbial shot over the bow of the ship: Get your financial house in order or your ship is going to get blown out of the water!!!

Billy Boy:cool:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The U.S. has had the proverbial shot over the bow of the ship: Get your financial house in order or your ship is going to get blown out of the water!!!

I really dont think they will get it until something major happens such as wide spread protesting by the people. Until the people start to yell and scream we will see the same old nonsense by the elite. But then again why would the elite want anything to change as they have joe consumer in the palm of their hands.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any country (does not matter what their political strip is) does not want high unemployment it could lead to too many problems which could destabilize the ruling goverenment. When people have been without a job for a long period of time and they have no means to support their families or themselves they become desperate; that is the catilyste for a revolution. I don't think we want to see that.

Britt

As the above quote says no government wants to have high unempolyment; just look what is happening in England, some of the rioting can be blamed on unemployed youth with nothing to lose and a perception of no hope in the near future. There is a void in their lives and they are going to fill it with something; lawlessness and anti social behaviour. The rest of the western governments (or any government) should take a long hard look at what is going on over there and be worried. England is only one example, look at Grease and soon Spain, Portugal, Italy and Ireland. These are interesting times we are living in.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all I can say is we are western countries, but only the rich seem to get richer.....just like the third world countries.....

Top Bottom