Will the USA fall?

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are witnessing the downfall of the US being the leading world economic and military power. Get use to the fact that China and India will be pulling the strings on the world stage

Billy Boy

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all roman empires collapse.......better get all your ducks in a row.....:eek:

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
USA will ALWAYS be the military superpower. I have very strong faith in our military and all the
"joe citizens" at home with a basement full of guns supporting it. Yes...even handguns. With that said...we definatly need to get rid of some of the wack jobs in washington. Just greedy, selfish, @zzholes. To some of them its more about how big they can grow thier own bank account than the nations economy. IMHO all politicians should be volunteer only!

Last edited:

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who is right the Democrats or the Republicans?

Niether is right....I vote republican but the dems have some good ideas too. The real question is.....Liberal or Conservitive.
Left wing Liberal nuts are killing this country. Do you know it is now state law in California to teach gay/lesbian history in school books? WTF? Do you know many schools have decided to get rid of playground equipment because kids are too easily hurt? WTF? Some kids sports teams aren't taking score because they don't want any kid to feel like he has "lost" WTF? This is doing nothing but raising a generation of babied panzy kids. Can't belive some of this crap! Society is turning in a bad way!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Niether is right....I vote republican but the dems have some good ideas too. The real question is.....Liberal or Conservitive.
Left wing Liberal nuts are killing this country. Do you know it is now state law in California to teach gay/lesbian history in school books? WTF? Do you know many schools have decided to get rid of playground equipment because kids are too easily hurt? WTF? Some kids sports teams aren't taking score because they don't want any kid to feel like he has "lost" WTF? This is doing nothing but raising a generation of babied panzy kids. Can't belive some of this crap! Society is turning in a bad way!

Who will replace "joe citizens" at home with a basement full of guns supporting it.... hence you just argued against your own point and won...um lost....no wait I think you won..we'll call it a draw

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think China has been around much longer and has truly been running the world for many years already... At some point one of two things will happen to our neighbors and best friends. A major revolt or another 3rd world country... could not believe the number of unemployed people in Vegas and closed down businesses there on a tour earlier this year. We should consider ourselves extremely lucky in Alberta that we have such a good economy and system in general... But keep in mind our closest friend may loose the house, do we have room for them in our basement???

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
USA will ALWAYS be the military superpower. I have very strong faith in our military and all the
"joe citizens" at home with a basement full of guns supporting it. Yes...even handguns. With that said...we definatly need to get rid of some of the wack jobs in washington. Just greedy, selfish, @zzholes. To some of them its more about how big they can grow thier own bank account than the nations economy. IMHO all politicians should be volunteer only!

Unfortunately I would not be so confident in that statement as it takes money to maintain the super power status to which the US does not presently have but in the hands of others (Chinese/Arabs). Keep in mind that there have been many super powers longer in existence than the US has been around and they eventually failed too (no permanent guarantees). It may take some time for someone to catch up and I hope the longer the better but, someone will eventually. Just hope the American people wake up before it is too late and start thinking as a country and not everyone for themselves. They need to revolt against the present status. Just my 2 cents worth!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately I would not be so confident in that statement as it takes money to maintain the super power status to which the US does not presently have but in the hands of others (Chinese/Arabs). Keep in mind that there have been many super powers longer in existence than the US has been around and they eventually failed too (no permanent guarantees). It may take some time for someone to catch up and I hope the longer the better but, someone will eventually. Just hope the American people wake up before it is too late and start thinking as a country and not everyone for themselves. They need to revolt against the present status. Just my 2 cents worth!

Ok, I know I have mentioned it on here before that politics and religion should be left off this site. But Since sombody asked about this debt situation we are in I will give you my opinion.

Im not going to sit here and argue republicans or democrats. However I will offer my suggestion how to start to fix the problem. Right now when Mr. Obama wants to cut defense is totally uncalled for, Thats the LAST thing a country should cut. In this time of recission and depression in the economy we are a weak target, cut defense and we will have them over here on our soil. As Highmarker stated the US will ALWAYS be the super power when it comes to military, but I want to correct him and say the US SHOULD ALWAYS be the super power of military.

The president is looking for something easy to "cut" in the budget, but what its gonna take is a little more work and "trim the fat" from the budget. Example: I realize there are people on welfare because they need it but there are PLENTY of people on it that DONT need it but are on it cause its a free handout and they are too lazy to work. kick them out of the program. Now go through every program (welfare, food stamps, unemployement, etc) and cut those that dont actually need it. The next thing they can do is build something to create jobs, not like a product or good. How do you think the hover dam was built? herbert hover created jobs by building the dam. Also they need to reinstate the railroad. That was/is the cheapest form of freight. With all the truck traffic in america they will NEVER be able to repair the roads fast enough.

Now I know some of you are going to look at this post and say "create jobs??? he is telling us to get rid of the truck drivers and road repair and construction crews" I am but there IS a demand for skilled labor yet and if you have skills of any kind you will be able to get a job. A problem is people are looking for that easy job where you dont have to know anything or apply yourself and get paid well to show up.

I know I have probably been tough to follow here but it all comes down to lowering taxes and cut spending. We cant afford higher taxes and there has to be an incentive to work. I hate to say it or think about it but I think what it will truely come down to is another revaloutionary war, and it will be between the have's and the have not's. Hope Im wrong but im afraid thats what it will take.

Last edited:

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think China has been around much longer and has truly been running the world for many years already... At some point one of two things will happen to our neighbors and best friends. A major revolt or another 3rd world country... could not believe the number of unemployed people in Vegas and closed down businesses there on a tour earlier this year. We should consider ourselves extremely lucky in Alberta that we have such a good economy and system in general... But keep in mind our closest friend may loose the house, do we have room for them in our basement???

Any country (does not matter what their political strip is) does not want high unemployment it could lead to too many problems which could destabilize the ruling goverenment. When people have been without a job for a long period of time and they have no means to support their families or themselves they become desperate; that is the catilyste for a revolution. I don't think we want to see that.

Britt

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know I have mentioned it on here before that politics and religion should be left off this site. But Since sombody asked about this debt situation we are in I will give you my opinion.

Im not going to sit here and argue republicans or democrats. However I will offer my suggestion how to start to fix the problem. Right now when Mr. Obama wants to cut defense is totally uncalled for, Thats the LAST thing a country should cut. In this time of recission and depression in the economy we are a weak target, cut defense and we will have them over here on our soil. As Highmarker stated the US will ALWAYS be the super power when it comes to military, but I want to correct him and say the US SHOULD ALWAYS be the super power of military.

The president is looking for something easy to "cut" in the budget, but what its gonna take is a little more work and "trim the fat" from the budget. Example: I realize there are people on welfare because they need it but there are PLENTY of people on it that DONT need it but are on it cause its a free handout and they are too lazy to work. kick them out of the program. Now go through every program (welfare, food stamps, unemployement, etc) and cut those that dont actually need it. The next thing they can do is build something to create jobs, not like a product or good. How do you think the hover dam was built? herbert hover created jobs by building the dam. Also they need to reinstate the railroad. That was/is the cheapest form of freight. With all the truck traffic in america they will NEVER be able to repair the roads fast enough.

Now I know some of you are going to look at this post and say "create jobs??? he is telling us to get rid of the truck drivers and road repair and construction crews" I am but there IS a demand for skilled labor yet and if you have skills of any kind you will be able to get a job. A problem is people are looking for that easy job where you dont have to know anything or apply yourself and get paid well to show up.

I know I have probably been tough to follow here but it all comes down to lowering taxes and cut spending. We cant afford higher taxes and there has to be an incentive to work. I hate to say it or think about it but I think what it will truely come down to is another revaloutionary war, and it will be between the have's and the have not's. Hope Im wrong but im afraid thats what it will take.

Like your post but I am left wondering why do American's feel the need to have a super power mentality via means of military to survive. There are many other ways to influence the world in positive ways other than just guns and bombs (pls dont misunderstand me as I know US has also provided a lot of good things over the years). Sure you have to protect your borders against intruders etc etc but where do you draw the line when the world is full of idiots in lands far away. Anyway, IMO the demise of the western world will be not be based on military status but our greed for cheap priced products from China, India and elsewhere. We have become a continent of Walmart shoppers thinking we need to buy because it is cheap at the expense of jobs here. Everyone needs to watch "Is Walmart good for America" and after watching you will have a different opinion. It is easy, jobs are created by the demand from the consumer but if the product made to fulfill the demand is made in China where is the job benefit here (other than natural resource required to make the item).

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like your post but I am left wondering why do American's feel the need to have a super power mentality via means of military to survive. There are many other ways to influence the world in positive ways other than just guns and bombs (pls dont misunderstand me as I know US has also provided a lot of good things over the years). Sure you have to protect your borders against intruders etc etc but where do you draw the line when the world is full of idiots in lands far away. Anyway, IMO the demise of the western world will be not be based on military status but our greed for cheap priced products from China, India and elsewhere. We have become a continent of Walmart shoppers thinking we need to buy because it is cheap at the expense of jobs here. Everyone needs to watch "Is Walmart good for America" and after watching you will have a different opinion. It is easy, jobs are created by the demand from the consumer but if the product made to fulfill the demand is made in China where is the job benefit here (other than natural resource required to make the item).

I think you just answered your own question.

the US should have "super power military" because like you say, we are almost totally dependent on other countries. Now I understand it can be good and bad but we need to keep a way of controlling other countries since basically everything we have/use comes from over seas. Until we get more self-sufficent we cant just sit back and not be a threat otherwise they will own us overnight. If you decrease military what means are you going to use to control forigen countries with certain products/goods that we need? You said it yourself, "the world is full of idiots" so how do you reason with an idiot? Im not saying they dont own us already but according to documents we are still seperate. I cant agree with ya more that we need to keep jobs here in the US but like I said before there needs to be an incentive to work. What happened to the good days when there was such a thing as people having pride in their work and country?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you just answered your own question.

the US should have "super power military" because like you say, we are almost totally dependent on other countries. Now I understand it can be good and bad but we need to keep a way of controlling other countries since basically everything we have/use comes from over seas. Until we get more self-sufficent we cant just sit back and not be a threat otherwise they will own us overnight. If you decrease military what means are you going to use to control forigen countries with certain products/goods that we need? You said it yourself, "the world is full of idiots" so how do you reason with an idiot? Im not saying they dont own us already but according to documents we are still seperate. I cant agree with ya more that we need to keep jobs here in the US but like I said before there needs to be an incentive to work. What happened to the good days when there was such a thing as people having pride in their work and country?

Your attitude on military was all it took to know where you lived, compared to other posts in the thread. USA's attitude needs an adjustment. When your living on welfare, and about to be kicked out on the street and have NOTHING, the last thing you need is to take out a loan to buy a gun, when your already 10 miles deep in loans you will never payoff. That is the exact state the USA is in. They cannot afford military, they can't afford ANYTHING. Look at the cost of the wars lately, to achieve what? Nothing? It's their own fault they are there in the first place and it goes back decades on their attitude with war. The only thing they need to focus on is spending less money, and helping out the people who need it because of the crappy economy they created.

It sucks they are in such bad shape, but it was bound to happen, and is for their own good. Maybe the US will actually learn something from it and not let it happen again......If you couldn't see this coming years ago, you need to remove the blinders.

Top Bottom