Wicked day on a Sidewinder!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lund so looks like I won the bet you will be on the SW pay up bud LoL

I'm being pulled in that direction but got to see what Cat has for 2018, some pretty solid rumors i'm hearing.
The G4 and Axys are no longer contender's, too many issues for me on the G4 and the Axys, i really really like but i'm not convinced that it can go the long run with a turbo, i got lots of mixed reviews on it. If the Sidewinder would had not been such a success with some very diehard sledders i know personally, then it might had been an Axys with boost if Cat doesn't satisfy my needs.

We will see.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Lund do you know if there's any difference between the new viper and the sidewinder?? Chassis / riding wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't give you a positive answer on that other then the basic chassis are basically the same. I can't comment on handling between the two as i have never rode a SW yet.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't give you a positive answer on that other then the basic chassis are basically the same. I can't comment on handling between the two as i have never rode a SW yet.

When you coming to ride it Lund? Offer is still on the table anytime you want to go let's go

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have been reading/hearing, the Sidewinder feels and acts lighter in the front end. More playful.

I'm hearing the same but don't quote me on it as i'm just hearing that. I believe the engine might be cradled differently, maybe further back giving improved handling and a lighter feel. The sled it self i believe is slightly heavier.

kmcl

Reaction score
I find the SW easier to maneuver with the angled steering post vs the vertical one on the Viper

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm being pulled in that direction but got to see what Cat has for 2018, some pretty solid rumors i'm hearing.
The G4 and Axys are no longer contender's, too many issues for me on the G4 and the Axys, i really really like but i'm not convinced that it can go the long run with a turbo, i got lots of mixed reviews on it. If the Sidewinder would had not been such a success with some very diehard sledders i know personally, then it might had been an Axys with boost if Cat doesn't satisfy my needs.

We will see.
Are you talking the 2018 king cat 9000?
Or the mountain cat 8000?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing the same but don't quote me on it as i'm just hearing that. I believe the engine might be cradled differently, maybe further back giving improved handling and a lighter feel. The sled it self i believe is slightly heavier.

Yes, engine placement is the reason and it's supposed to be about 10Lbs lighter overall than the 1100T. Have not seen any confirmation on the weight reduction other than marketing stuff.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These sidewinders are like a myth, no one owns one and you never seen one in the hills.

must be just that good

Mythbusted. Video to follow soon..... should say wicked video to follow soon. Not mine but will try to give it a ass kicking with my MTNTK turbo pro tomorrow at Allen. Paul's sidewinder has cr boards liteweight battery and cr ( cummins) straight pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1090.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 287

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mythbusted. Video to follow soon..... should say wicked video to follow soon. Not mine but will try to give it a ass kicking with my MTNTK turbo pro tomorrow at Allen. Paul's sidewinder has cr boards liteweight battery and cr ( cummins) straight pipe.

Damn, i thought i was the only one doing this build LOL.

Ya i think the myth was busted a while back, just some people wear coke glasses and don't see past their nose much. Or is it maybe their nose is too big and cast's a shadow over everything....nah, who cares, i don't. That's a sled to covet.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not enough mtx sw Vids on the YouTube. Skegpro has two short ones and that's about all I could find. Seems like folks that ride the mtx aren't into posting up their vids. No shortage of homo's on pro's though....

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not enough mtx sw Vids on the YouTube. Skegpro has two short ones and that's about all I could find. Seems like folks that ride the mtx aren't into posting up their vids. No shortage of homo's on pro's though....
Benny shot some wicked footage today while on Paul's sled Friday. Hard to hear the sled through all the school girl giggling by Benny in his helmet. He will hopefully edit it this weekend. But like I've said before ,video doesn't do this sled justice. Can't wait to roll some coal today.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look forward to the video Niner!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great day at Allen, blue skies and fresh snow all day. Found a few good hills to compare on. The sidewinder builds speed super quick and pulls like a freight train. Did a lot more sidehilling with it today and it holds a line effortlessly.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 329

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niner, how did you like it in comparison to your Polaris?
Not so much as a head to head comparison because imo 4strokes and 2strokes are not really comparable as both offer unique feature only available to it self. But did you like it enough to say you would buy it over the Polaris?

Andrew.renegade1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well on Saturday the boys down at lethal motorsports let me come down and try out a sidewinder mtx, very low snow conditions in lloydminister to say the least bit found enough to open the sled up and get a bit of a feel for it, out of the box 4stroke turbo and it sure went! Motor pulls hard! Very impressed. And didn't feel heavy like a nytro , also the steering is very similar to the skidoo setups which I really like compared to the viper I rode aswell! Might have to pull the trigger soon
61669fa8e4a4b187212f8748fd0b558d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, I rode the sidewinder this weekend and it was a super cool sled. Power was addicting and the chassis rides very well in the snow. Niner, I believe that was yours that I was on? lol...dont know your forum name.

Props to yamaha, that chasis felt very comfortable, power for days and likes to wheely like a bad ass. Keeping the front end down and the track on top of the snow was challenge when the angles got steep, but I was very surprised and had a blast on it!

Thanks for the test run

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are these THAT different from the viper? Ive heard you can pick up a viper for 7k brand new. Throw a real turbo and some other goodies and youre probably still going to be cheaper than the sidewinder.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, I rode the sidewinder this weekend and it was a super cool sled. Power was addicting and the chassis rides very well in the snow. Niner, I believe that was yours that I was on? lol...dont know your forum name.

Props to yamaha, that chasis felt very comfortable, power for days and likes to wheely like a bad ass. Keeping the front end down and the track on top of the snow was challenge when the angles got steep, but I was very surprised and had a blast on it!

Thanks for the test run
Maxwell might take out a hit on you ;)

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom