Wicked day on a Sidewinder!

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a tough one cause your never in the same snow conditions usually. You will get lower charge temp's which is good but when I looked at it with all the paneling and top off the way the cooler is shaped I didn't see snow build up being an issue. I haven't rode one yet but in the deep maybe it's a concern.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have an air/air intercooler in my tunnel on my nytro....it worked really good...packing with snow and ice keeps the charge air temps down

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It works great so long as it packs tight and continues to pack tight or blow into the fins themselves.

If it's allowed to build ice in front or just fill the front of the exchanger the rest of the cooler wont get any cooling from the snow or get any air moving through it.

I've seen this happen with other vehicles where it builds up in front of the IC or the AC core.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
It is packing in the front and not letting air through, snow cools it forsure but i think a water to air is the answer. I will be building my own vent kit for the nose to keep the snow from packing in. I have ordered a zbros exit shock and will let you know how that works. I have used them lots and they make a huge difference. I have never needed a coupler with the exit shock but we will see with all the extra torque if that changes. Cant wait to try this beast out with the front end staying down.

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Sweet......yeah it packs some snow. But it never felt like reduction of any power that is for sure. :)

Attachments

• Fuji Sidewinder deep.jpg
    Fuji Sidewinder deep.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 354

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still "blipping" the throttle like a 2 smoke. I know it's a hard habit to break.

I too have never noticed any power loss when the front end of my 1100 turbo packs with snow.

So now we have a great new motor, and with the 2018 changes to the panels, boards etc, looks like Yammi and Cat will have a stellar sled for next year! Better start saving my pennies.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still "blipping" the throttle like a 2 smoke. I know it's a hard habit to break.

I too have never noticed any power loss when the front end of my 1100 turbo packs with snow.

So now we have a great new motor, and with the 2018 changes to the panels, boards etc, looks like Yammi and Cat will have a stellar sled for next year! Better start saving my pennies.

It it is a hard habit to break. Especially when it sounds so freaking cool!

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that sidewinder you had the videos of on a stock set up? The machine looks to be a huge jump for yamaha.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The sidewinder in the video has a CR down pipe and boards with a light weight battery. Other than that it is stock.

Top Bottom