Why not Vi-Pec

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree they are complex. I built my car but i dont tune it. Any standalone is the same in that respect. Best left for the experts. Its what they do.

But if you put 6000-8000 worth of turbo goodness why would you put a $400 bandaid rather than a purpose built and more flexible unit? Once its dialed it shouldnt take much adjustment.

Last edited:

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree they are complex. I built my car but i dont tune it. Any standalone is the same in that respect. Best left for the experts. Its what they do.

But if you put 6000-8000 worth of turbo goodness why would you put a $400 bandaid rather than a purpose built and more flexible unit? Once its dialed it shouldnt take much adjustment.

I agree 100%

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates one the vi-pec ? My buddy just bought one and is installing this week! Just wondering if anyone has any feed back

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now that companies like Bullydog have the ability to download software into the stock ECU and utilize all the stock sensors to make fuel adjustments, where does that leave the ViPec? It is likely more adjustable, but is it only a matter of time before you can program your own stock ECU with your own mapping and tuning parameters?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Vipec is NO where near to any type of controller out there.

The Vipec is like buying a blank ECU and writing your own program to run your sled. Not to be confused with a controller that tells or confuses your ecu to think something other than what it was programed for.

I bought a HM kit which comes with the Vipec but before that I was going to put it on another kit I was running. I found out that you will have to hire a tuner and that it might take a couple visits before its right. I think the vipec is great but yet have not rode a sled with one.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did he get the ViPec ? ,Who is doing his tuning ?

He ordered it out of Quebec, he told me the guys name but I can't remember it. The guy from Quebec is coming to tune it for him when we go to revelstoke.he just has a base map to start out with and then the guy is going to fine tune it for him.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He ordered it out of Quebec, he told me the guys name but I can't remember it. The guy from Quebec is coming to tune it for him when we go to revelstoke.he just has a base map to start out with and then the guy is going to fine tune it for him.

That's really convenient, what if this French guy doesn't come?

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's really convenient, what if this French guy doesn't come?

Not sure, guess will see how good his customer service is. I think he can do it from Quebec, takes it out with the base map, it data logs and then he can send that to vipec guy, he fine tunes it and sends new map back and my buddy puts into ecu. If its anything like my motec he won't have a problem.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im working with Brad and Cody Phillips, Cody is the man when it comes to the vipec. The best thing about this is Cody can login remote and tune from were he is. It also has a quick tune were you can set target A/F and it will keep it in tune. I should have it on and set up by the end of the weekend, there is already a map for the 910 so I start with that and then I take the sled out and it logs everything and then cody hooks up and does any adjusting. On the 910 brad added +1 degree timing at about 7400 and it made a 7 hp gain. Just the vipec alone on a 13 pro will pick up 8 hp.

So Chris , how sis this go?

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im working with Brad and Cody Phillips, Cody is the man when it comes to the vipec. The best thing about this is Cody can login remote and tune from were he is. It also has a quick tune were you can set target A/F and it will keep it in tune. I should have it on and set up by the end of the weekend, there is already a map for the 910 so I start with that and then I take the sled out and it logs everything and then cody hooks up and does any adjusting. On the 910 brad added +1 degree timing at about 7400 and it made a 7 hp gain. Just the vipec alone on a 13 pro will pick up 8 hp.
Cody is where i got mine from for my 14 Cat and I am going with a push turbo and then chat with him on further tuning very sharp man.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that Sebastion from Vi Pec they are coming out west to do testing.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca

Haven't run the Vipec but can tell you the Boost-It fuel system is not a $400 Bandaid... It works amazing and Neil and TJ's customer support is top notch!
People will always argue that the complexity of a standalone could yield higher hp numbers... Which is dandy if you just rev up your sled on the Dyno all day. Tune it remotely? Good luck with that on the side of the mtn in -20 with no air card service on a blue bird deep powder Sunday.
Nice days are too far in between to wait for an expert to tune my sled on the side of the mtn.
Boost-it works. Ride more tune less.
Cheers!
Dustin

Top Bottom