Why do you ride

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride because my mind stops thinking about the office for once and switches to goofy mode :) Sledding is one of the very few things that stops the real world entering my thoughts and I enter la la land on snow! great friends too!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the comments of "if you have to ask" are SO!!!! true. for me its a huge stress release from business and home and everything in between. When im out with a group its me..... my machine and mother nature... and the rest of the group is there for the fun and safety. To sum it up its a great way to stay in shape in the winter months and forget about life for a few hours and everyone is right nobody understands unless they do it
Great thread
Love your comments MOMMA
Rich

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My main motivation for riding is the opportunity to build totally bad mod sleds, and in the process kiss up to the vendors supplying me the parts to gain a feeling of importance in the sled industry. You wouldnt understand.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the comments of "if you have to ask" are SO!!!! true. for me its a huge stress release from business and home and everything in between. When im out with a group its me..... my machine and mother nature... and the rest of the group is there for the fun and safety. To sum it up its a great way to stay in shape in the winter months and forget about life for a few hours and everyone is right nobody understands unless they do it
Great thread
Love your comments MOMMA
Rich

Thanks Rich! ooooo sometimes my kids liken me to the Honey Badger, or a Momma Grizzly bear. This Past Saturday, a non sledding woman was in the store. We were Chatting about sledding.. her comment "I would never sled, I love my children too much".. HOLY CRAPSTICKS!!!!! I said.. so you are telling me you love your children more than me???
It was all I could do to maintian class and composure.. My face was a little red, but I showed her my article... I think she left with a little more understanding. Some people are eternally fear based, and will always fear what they don't understand.

I am really enjoying this sled.. Thanks Peeps.. I'm also finding so much humor in the one I started in the Just about anything goes section.. Turns out we all have snow screen savers.. when I peeked at my daughter's computer.. turns out she does too.

Shred on Peepers!
Momma :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding is freedom, it let's me escape and I love being on top of the world and where less than 1% of population will be.

I know eh.. some days I don't realize how shallow my stressed out mind and body have become till the moment I'm at the top of a mountain and I finally take a breath so deep I exhale from the bottom of my lungs.. .. That is Peace not found anywhere else.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know eh.. some days I don't realize how shallow my stressed out mind and body have become till the moment I'm at the top of a mountain and I finally take a breath so deep I exhale from the bottom of my lungs.. .. That is Peace not found anywhere else.

I've never been to the top of a mountain, but it's on my bucket list..... But sledding in general does that for me.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never been to the top of a mountain, but it's on my bucket list..... But sledding in general does that for me.

Mare you let me know when you want to go. We'll get you to the top of a Mountain. :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awe Momma yer a sweety ! show em how to ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think sometimes it's easy to take for granted what we literally have in our back yard.
The kids and I zoomed up Rusty for some fun in the sun.
20111204141515(6).jpg

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL the comment about 1% of the population getting to where we go in the winter... thats what i tell my friends and a hiker said that he could get to a hill that i showed him. He came back a couple of weeks ago and said he was going to have to make it a 3 day trip to get there but he did say he could see the spot. I really dont think people are ever going to understand what makes us love the back country And MOMMA i have customers like that all the time. Whats the point sometimes i say... why bother telling them whats there... i would rather save the beauty for ourselves. and its really not that dangerous WHEN!!!!! we use our heads and ride smart. The only thing that scares me is the politicians and the tree huggers (thats another thread)
To everyone!!!!! lets hope we have a great season for snowfall and we all a safe season
Rich

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL the comment about 1% of the population getting to where we go in the winter... thats what i tell my friends and a hiker said that he could get to a hill that i showed him. He came back a couple of weeks ago and said he was going to have to make it a 3 day trip to get there but he did say he could see the spot. I really dont think people are ever going to understand what makes us love the back country And MOMMA i have customers like that all the time. Whats the point sometimes i say... why bother telling them whats there... i would rather save the beauty for ourselves. and its really not that dangerous WHEN!!!!! we use our heads and ride smart. The only thing that scares me is the politicians and the tree huggers (thats another thread)
To everyone!!!!! lets hope we have a great season for snowfall and we all a safe season
Rich

I am super focused lately. I know we all have lots to contribute which will bring forth the absolute integrity today's freerider brings to the table. Quite often I ask for the input from the people of this site when I write articles for Joydigger, RidersWest and SnoRider magazine. We are the people who will be showcased in the media.. We can BE the media, so as to completely MUTE the uneducated voice of the typical skewed media representation..... Ferniesnow, Cat in the Hat and Moyiesledhead are some of the very well versed and educated people who kind of lead the way on this forum. Intelligent and well thought out answers and questions are posed and answered here, so we can be the Media accurately representing the truth of the Mountain Freerider

joebrokeit

Reaction score
I started riding to conquer, I was young and on a 340 Skiroule! As sleds have evolved I have also,I no longer have to conquer I've learned to accept the mountain is master and i am its slave. LOL I am a junkie for life!!!!! The adrenaline rush still calls me to the back country,but I've found an inner piece not to be equalled. Now days we pull to our favorite spots and I pour a cup of coffee, sit back and watch mom and the girls battle the mountain. Life is good all is well.........Jr

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride because there is something seriously wrong with me. That is the only explanation I can have for spending the cash I do on sledding, parts, hotel rooms, fuel to get there, etc. Seriously, the ONLY reason I do what I do for a living is so I can support my sledding habit, otherwise I wouldn't be gone from home for weeks (and sometimes months) at a time...I would have a "regular" job. The house isn't anything special, I drive a five year old truck to work, buy my clothes from Wal-Mart and wear cheap sunglasses - but the sky is the limit when it comes to sledding... I think I need professional help.

Top Bottom