Why do you ride

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, my love for shredding is not supported by many of my friends and family members. They just don't get "Why". Mostly sparked by skewed media hype, they question why I would possibly go out into Mountainous terrain. I remember a while back the flack we mountain riders took when a member of this forum couldn't wrap their head around Why we do it, or the fact that it can be done without dying..

I'll share my latest Joydigger article, but I'd also love to hear why you ride as well.

Peace out peeps.

Momma :)

SNOWMOBILES AND THE ZEN OF POW | joydigger.com

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah the fact I can't hear the wife's voice doesn't hurt either. lol

Ohhhhhhh, that's gonna hurt!

I don't try to explain why I ride any more, and I'm tired of tree huggers trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. Pizz off! We live in a democracy (well, sort of) and I'm exercising my freedom of choice to pursue a legal recreational activity!

Last edited:

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Article, but i must complain the first three pictures were either over exposed or had a bad focus. It could be due to such a low resolution but in the third one there is a Tree in the Way! If she would have moved so the tree wasn't in the way it would have been a much better picture. JMO though.

Edit [ I understand the second photo though, its really hard to take an excellent shot while its snowing... but there is still no exuse for the tree!]

Great article though, the only reason i complain about pictures is the fact that the only true exposure a lot of people get to our sport is from these pictures. Why not represent it in the Best Way?

I ride because i'm addicted haha because there is nothing else on earth like playing in the POW i wouldnt trade sledding for anything.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Article, but i must complain the first three pictures were either over exposed or had a bad focus. It could be due to such a low resolution but in the third one there is a Tree in the Way! If she would have moved so the tree wasn't in the way it would have been a much better picture. JMO though.

Edit [ I understand the second photo though, its really hard to take an excellent shot while its snowing... but there is still no exuse for the tree!]

Great article though, the only reason i complain about pictures is the fact that the only true exposure a lot of people get to our sport is from these pictures. Why not represent it in the Best Way?

I ride because i'm addicted haha because there is nothing else on earth like playing in the POW i wouldnt trade sledding for anything.

lol thanks. My daughter Brook is 16 and getting her photography feet wet. She's learning more and more as time goes on. We really need to get her a good computer and editing program, one of her greatest frustrations, but I totally commend her for working with what she has. I'm super proud of her. I love the little tree in the pic, kind of gives a little interest.
Thank you for reading!

:) momma

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol thanks. My daughter Brook is 16 and getting her photography feet wet. She's learning more and more as time goes on. We really need to get her a good computer and editing program, one of her greatest frustrations, but I totally commend her for working with what she has. I'm super proud of her. I love the little tree in the pic, kind of gives a little interest.
Thank you for reading!

:) momma

Photography is one of those fields where you can take a picture that will be loved by many and hated by others. Most of her pictures look like the ISO is too high (lots of noise). If she has any questions about taking action photos, PM me and I'd be happy to help. While i am no master, I've learned some tricks that I'd be happy to share :) As far as editing software goes, you need a perfect picture before editing can make it a master piece. Editing can help but is no replacement for an excellent original photo. If you have friends who have kids in University, get them to pick up a copy of Photoshop CS6, it's cheapest from there :).

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Photography is one of those fields where you can take a picture that will be loved by many and hated by others. Most of her pictures look like the ISO is too high (lots of noise). If she has any questions about taking action photos, PM me and I'd be happy to help. While i am no master, I've learned some tricks that I'd be happy to share :) As far as editing software goes, you need a perfect picture before editing can make it a master piece. Editing can help but is no replacement for an excellent original photo. If you have friends who have kids in University, get them to pick up a copy of Photoshop CS6, it's cheapest from there :).

Thank you so much!! I'll let her know! I can't even explain how proud of my kids I am. lol

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ride because its the only way to get one of my buddies away from his girlfriend lol... and relax! and everytime i go out i pull a hill, or carve a carve that makes me remember time after time why i sled. plus... why work without the play?

Hotfrank

Reaction score
I always dreamed of héli skiing, but never had the nerve to put up the money.
Now, riding in powder combine the 2 worlds.
The fun is not only going down, it's in the trees, going round in a meadow, or even going back down the 26 k from Eagle, when you are so tired that can't stand to soak up the bumps.

Top Bottom