What do you like to see in a sled movie?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've been watching some sled flix over the last few weeks. Some new releases, and some older movies, going back into the days of the Alticity films. It's so fun when introducing new riders to the sport watching movies from the same time period when their sleds were the latest and greatest. Days of the Mountain Max, M series all the way up to the new Pro's/Axys, XM's, and Proclimbs.

For me, I really enjoy watching films with awesome techy riding in the trees, with intricate lines and such, moderately mixed in some jumping, and some climbs. But that's just me. I have to admit, after watching some of the older films, it was hard to fast forward to some of the new releases that were basically.. a jump.. a bigger jump.. a drop.. a bigger drop.. a jump... look a really big jump... and now we'll drop again. Omgosh foreshadowing music... and..................................a jump.

What do you like to see in a film, and what are your all time faves?
Boondockers 8 and 10 are among my faves.. awesome riding, filming, and LOVE the music. Simple Man was in 8 and Mr Collie Man by slightly stoopid at the end of 10 I freakin loved. I'd roll the movies throughout the day just to hear the sound of sleds and the sound tracks lol.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a snowmobile film needs to be mixed up with all sorts of riding which is why i can hardly make it through any of the new snowmobile films the last couple of years. cool jump but really an hour of that? nice chute but i only needed to see that once. most wont agree with me but i like to see alot of the behind the scenes stuff. also music needs to be spot on thats extremely important. i understand it is difficult to improve a movie every year now as the riding has progressed to a level of insanity that is really hard to top which is why the older slednecks every year they would out doo themselves now all these films its kind of MEH......nothing new from last year.......they are doing a good job of better cinematics to try and keep you interested which is also extremely important. i actually just enjoy some of the short free films alot of the guys are putting out now

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of peddle stepping
Most, if not all of the film in ultra slow motion
Hardcore dubstep soundtrack
Interviews in which the riders take themselves and what they are doing VERY serious
Super cool sledding lingo being used at all times
Sick wraps and powder coated snow machines

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boondockers videos are by far the best, could care less to watch an hour of 10 guys pounding the same jumps segment after segment, used to like watching the point and shoot videos 20 years ago on the old iron but tree bashing drainage riding videos like boondockers take the cake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of peddle stepping
Most, if not all of the film in ultra slow motion
Hardcore dubstep soundtrack
Interviews in which the riders take themselves and what they are doing VERY serious
Super cool sledding lingo being used at all times
Sick wraps and powder coated snow machines

thats the worst. calm down bud your a snowmobiler not an astronaut

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats the worst. calm down bud your a snowmobiler not an astronaut
my god I hope he was being sarcastic.

I like the funny stuff, where the guys are busting balls and look like they are having fun with each other (ie: NOT taking themselves so seriously). big jumps and drops are cool, chutes only when the rider has to work at them instead of just flying up at mach chicken.

and crashes. gotta have lots of crashes...I don't care if they are the hee-haw style fall over stuff or the huge "what was he thinking" kind. makes me feel more relevant to the guys on film

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I think some boobs are needed, boobies make every movie better

K PM me a picture of your Moobies strictly for research purposes, and I'll decide if they are sled film worthy.

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K PM me a picture of your Moobies strictly for research purposes, and I'll decide if they are sled film worthy.

will do when I get off of work

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Horsepower and havoc! I've always liked the way Thunderstruck has made movies, I like the big 4S turbos....but really just everyday people riding and doing something other than hours of helmet cams only looking at the hood. Chase videos catch some cool things..

smc

Reaction score
The Munster film is the best sled video I've seen in many years. Short and sweet with good music/filming/editing

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Munster film is the best sled video I've seen in many years. Short and sweet with good music/filming/editing

I'm saving this one to watch over Christmas. I started watching it on my laptop and quit after I saw it was worthy of the big screen and entertainment center!

Reactions: smc
Top Bottom