What do you like to see in a sled movie?

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I love the older stuff. The Slednecks, Alticity, and Older Boondockers are all great. They have some humor as well as some chatting going on and not just ear-bleeding pounding metal. There was a free download from Tobe called "Ash - A State of Snow" that I really liked. Great video and the download was in HD. I'll have to try and find that one again!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I think some boobs are needed, boobies make every movie better
I've yet to like any sled vids, i find them boring as hell. When they first started to come out on the scene they were actually more interesting because they were humorous and every body could actually relate to a situation. But today vids with the annoying sound tracks is more directed to newbs. Thats great till they bust their stuff trying to duplicate ****.
Overall, i find it hard to sit through one......Now boobies, that might make me sit through one.

togo ripper

Reaction score
I like the humorous behind the scene stuff as well, Rob Kincaid and dave McClure beeking each other and the 509 behind the lens kind of stuff

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new stuff is pretty much the same old stuff recycled with new sleds. Didn't buy a single video this year. In the shop I still put in the old Snowmotion vids once in a while. They were great! Kinda partial to Thunderstruck 7, and the first 3 Followcam vids........'cuz my son's in them. Hate most of the new music! Guess my ears are too old.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the Followcam vids, plus I met some of those fellas and they seem rad.

Haven't really bothered with much else in years. Perhaps I'll pick up a Boondockers.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old Steve Dalton Sled videos. Aka Steve O. He had some boobies in his videos.

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Steve o .... He was the best. Good action, real life stuff, not rehearsed or preplanned with helicopters etc.... Wasn't too much tunes, and you could actually hear the sleds working/braaaaaping. Too much tuneage in todays sled movies, in my opinion. Let the sleds do more of the talking(or sound track, in this case)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Steve o .... He was the best. Good action, real life stuff, not rehearsed or preplanned with helicopters etc.... Wasn't too much tunes, and you could actually hear the sleds working/braaaaaping. Too much tuneage in todays sled movies, in my opinion. Let the sleds do more of the talking(or sound track, in this case)

I think you're getting old too ;)

This years Thunderstruck is the first one in many years I can sit thru without getting bored/falling asleep/fast forwarding....... Variety is the spice of life........ Also..... CARNAGE!

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More leg dangling. If your extra leg isnt being used to peddlestep, it should be flailing around off the sled somewhere. All footage where both feet are on the running boards should be immediately disqualified from the film.

smc

Reaction score
More leg dangling. If your extra leg isnt being used to peddlestep, it should be flailing around off the sled somewhere. All footage where both feet are on the running boards should be immediately disqualified from the film.

Don't forget about prancing from one running board to the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotwheels81

Reaction score
I enjoy seeing riding for what it is not just watching someone make it look easy... I know they need to pump the riders hard in the movies to make it look clean but you end up with this well edited allmost choreographed clean perfect movie... So what's supposed to look raw and stunning tastes like plastic and you swear you can see two old guys carting tree props around now and then...

Keep it simple, make it look as hard as it is sometimes, show the low's an the high's...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just like to watch good riding and top level riders. Sled vids are low budget so I don't expect the quality to be on par with a high budget snowboard film like
"The Fourth Phase". But I think they do a good job for the amount of money they can spend on it.

I haven't bought a sled DVD in a long time though. Too much free stuff on youtube.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I enjoy seeing riding for what it is not just watching someone make it look easy... I know they need to pump the riders hard in the movies to make it look clean but you end up with this well edited allmost choreographed clean perfect movie... So what's supposed to look raw and stunning tastes like plastic and you swear you can see two old guys carting tree props around now and then...

Keep it simple, make it look as hard as it is sometimes, show the low's an the high's...

[video]https://youtu.be/o1DXAcUsKzY[/url]

I rode with Caleb Kesterke last spring. Fawk can that kid ever ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80xRpiGrbfk&t=220s

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Variety is key and some behind the scenes stuff where you can see them having fun and get a feel for who they are a bit. TS usually bore me a bit but I do appreciate how much content that Jim stuffs into those films. I really like the fourc4st series and 509 has done a good job as well.

Top Bottom