• Wildrose

Votes: 43 47.3%
  • Liberal

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PC's have been running Alberta since before computers were available for public purchase, the internet, the end of the cold war, before seatbelts were mandatory anywhere, and when leaded gas was the norm.
Time for a change......

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we wait a couple years maybe we can get Obama?? Change isn't always for the better.....

obama_change_x_framed__poster.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So now what? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel for my fine neighbours to the east. You may be in a mess and maybe Prentice can straighten it out (I don't think the "corruption/entitlement" will evaporate) and maybe he can't. He should be better than the last leader at fixing the "corruption/entitlement".

But if another party gets voted in, I'm pretty sure it will be whole lot worse. The other parties have to do a lot of building/screening/training/public relations/ etc. to be able to form a good government. It may seem on the forefront that another party can fix things but after 4 years of their struggles you will still be shaking your heads and wondering.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree.... I thought he was okay, by what I read about him..... But when he opened his mouth to speak, I knew it was over....omg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. His only response, regardless of the question is that he will not raise taxes. I really hope he isn't our next premier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a mess Alberta politics are, Prentice a pompous arse that thinks he's a knight about to be king, Jean nerdy kid from school that sat in the front of the bus, doc should stick to medicine, Notley by far most likeable but Ndp tax the crap out of everything mentality. IMO a minority gov might do Alberta good, all these bozos would have to work together on policy.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a mess Alberta politics are, Prentice a pompous arse that thinks he's a knight about to be king, Jean nerdy kid from school that sat in the front of the bus, doc should stick to medicine, Notley by far most likeable but Ndp tax the crap out of everything mentality. IMO a minority gov might do Alberta good, all these bozos would have to work together on policy.
I guess if raising corporate tax 2% to STILL remain the lowest rate in the land, is what you mean by a the crap out of everything...... The fact is that the government collects less resource royalties than Texas and Alaska and almost every other jurisdiction. That needs to change. Our roads are crap, our schools and hospitals are crumbling and that chit needs to be fixed.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel for my fine neighbours to the east. You may be in a mess and maybe Prentice can straighten it out (I don't think the "corruption/entitlement" will evaporate) and maybe he can't. He should be better than the last leader at fixing the "corruption/entitlement".

But if another party gets voted in, I'm pretty sure it will be whole lot worse. The other parties have to do a lot of building/screening/training/public relations/ etc. to be able to form a good government. It may seem on the forefront that another party can fix things but after 4 years of their struggles you will still be shaking your heads and wondering.

It might be bumpy but you have to start somewhere. 40+ years of the same party running things leads to nothing but corruption and wasted money and that is a tough thing to fix. No matter what.

If anyone watched the interviews of the candidates done on Global Calgary this morning it was a good watch. The NDP dame was the only one that declined to appear-for whatever reason. Didn't have time to do her hair and make-up I guess after the debate last night.

I still feel the best and most real person out of them all is the Alberta Party leader Greg Clark. He doesn't talk like a politician. He seems less fake than the rest of them with what seemed like almost rehearsed answers. If you go to the Alberta Party website, for those that actually give a damn about who runs the province, their platform is the most realistic I feel for both short and long term goals to turn things around like getting rid of 30% of the MLA's and increasing corporate tax by 1% which would still be lowest in the country.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It might be bumpy but you have to start somewhere. 40+ years of the same party running things leads to nothing but corruption and wasted money and that is a tough thing to fix. No matter what.

If anyone watched the interviews of the candidates done on Global Calgary this morning it was a good watch. The NDP dame was the only one that declined to appear-for whatever reason. Didn't have time to do her hair and make-up I guess after the debate last night.

I still feel the best and most real person out of them all is the Alberta Party leader Greg Clark. He doesn't talk like a politician. He seems less fake than the rest of them with what seemed like almost rehearsed answers. If you go to the Alberta Party website, for those that actually give a damn about who runs the province, their platform is the most realistic I feel for both short and long term goals to turn things around like getting rid of 30% of the MLA's and increasing corporate tax by 1% which would still be lowest in the country.

you keep saying "vote Alberta Party"....isn't that just another vote for the Liberals? Once the provincial Liberals lose more seats in this election, they will be forced to seriously look at Laurie Blakeman's earlier proposal of a merger. To me, they are both the same....... far left vote. The sooner they merge, the sooner two fledgling parties stand a chance of survival.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you keep saying "vote Alberta Party"....isn't that just another vote for the Liberals? Once the provincial Liberals lose more seats in this election, they will be forced to seriously look at Laurie Blakeman's earlier proposal of a merger. To me, they are both the same....... far left vote. The sooner they merge, the sooner two fledgling parties stand a chance of survival.

I don't see it happening. They squashed the idea and it wasn't very popular. If at a time they would have done it, it would have been after they went from 16 to 9 seats a few years back.

I feel the AB party to be more of a middle of the road party now. In the past they were a right wing party but since wildrose they have swung more to the middle. To be honest, I see an AB/Wildrose merger before anything. Which is fine with me. I like Wildrose, just not their bumbling leader.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap I would hate to be a politician don't matter what you do; raise taxes lower taxs build more schools and hospitals blow up hospitals. People will wine and complain. I really like the one about raising royalties on oil and gas production. Crap Ed Stelmack listened to those jokers when he was premier and increased the royalty for Alberta. Thats when the exploration moved to Saskachwen. In any case Eddy got punted over that and royalties were reinstated to the former level and Eddys ear was real sore where it hit the road. All this complaining about Alberta. I am voting PC because I know that Prentic can get our pipelines done. That translates to opprotunities for my kids and other young people in this province. In closing if this province is so screwed up why do so many awesome young people move here every year! Give your head a shake we are lucky to live in such an awesome place. I realize that ever thing is not perfect, but if Prentice does not preform. Albertans will send him packing like they always do!

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hope that all Albertans really think about who they r voting for this time,cause we all know the( Bath) and overspending we took. I personally don't think the PC,s will end up with the majority anyway. IMO

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap I would hate to be a politician don't matter what you do; raise taxes lower taxs build more schools and hospitals blow up hospitals. People will wine and complain. I really like the one about raising royalties on oil and gas production. Crap Ed Stelmack listened to those jokers when he was premier and increased the royalty for Alberta. Thats when the exploration moved to Saskachwen. In any case Eddy got punted over that and royalties were reinstated to the former level and Eddys ear was real sore where it hit the road. All this complaining about Alberta. I am voting PC because I know that Prentic can get our pipelines done. That translates to opprotunities for my kids and other young people in this province. In closing if this province is so screwed up why do so many awesome young people move here every year! Give your head a shake we are lucky to live in such an awesome place. I realize that ever thing is not perfect, but if Prentice does not preform. Albertans will send him packing like they always do!

What pipelines are you talking about and why do you feel Prentice is the only one that will make them happen? Or even why he has any more influence than any other premier to make it happen?

The boom in exploration in the Bakken (eastern Saskatchewan) had nothing to do with royalties being raised. It was purely coincidence that it coincided with good oil prices and easy profitable drilling and production in a newly discovered and developing oilfield. Same as it was at the same time in North Dakota.
The oil companies used it to their advantage to claim that was why but in reality, it was smoke and mirrors and they got their way.

If you look at royalties in all of the major producing states and provinces, Alberta is the lowest. Corporate tax is also the lowest in Canada. There is room to raise both and not bankrupt oil companies.

If Ed had stayed firm on his decision to raise the royalties and not caved to the corporate pressure things would have eventually continued as normal and financially Alberta would have been better off. Think about it, there is too much money to be made and they have too much invested in Alberta to just walk away.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raise the royalties and corprate tax what the #uck they going to do move the oilsands and gas fields, sure some will move on and slow production but it will all be there for future generations. As far as infrastructure to move oil no matter who is in power they will get built, any good government will have a strong opposition to keep them in line.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something to think about and applies perfectly to Alberta's current situation...

This Billionaire Governor Taxed the Rich and Increased the Minimum Wage -- Now, His State's Economy Is One of the Best in the Country | Carl Gibson

This statement says a lot; "And in a state where education is a budget priority and economic growth is one of the highest in the nation, it only makes sense that more businesses would stay."

Add in good healthcare and it's a recipe for success.

Time to stop walking backwards!

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All these negitive posts about Alberta are a little excessive. Yes we have had a couple of shi##y premiers. I get that Redford was a crook and Eddy should have stayed farming, but this is still the best province in Canada and will be for a long time to come. I get it the frustration with politicians like Redford,,Did't like that aragant bit%h from the start but I voted for Smith who turned out to be a real donkey, wonder where we would be now if the Wildrose had got in? Hey the oil price is down and it effects most of us. But it will come up. Prentice has a track record of solving problems particularly native land claim issues which will come in handy over the next few years if we are going to move our oil at world price. We have lost billions due to discounting of our oil over the past decade (bitchum bubble). I think Prentice can solve our pipe line problem and we will be ready for higher oil prices when ever they come.
We haven't had a good Premiere since Lougheed. Everyone loves Klein because he "Slayed the debt", but he is directly responsible for the situation we are in now. Selling off AEC, instituting flat tax, rejigging royalty scheme so that the government collects less than just about every other jurisdiction that has resources.......... Time for a change and Wild Rose is just more of the same..... Butr I heard they won't raise taxes.....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I look at Saskatchewan and see how broke and in the ****ter they were with the NDP running it and see how the Saskatchewan Party has turned things around for that province.
I believe the Alberta Party has the ability to do the same. I don't believe they will win the election, but have the potential to be the official opposition and set things up to make a change. If you look at who was running the province before the PC's took over it was the little guys. UFA party and Socreds. Not sure what kind of shape things were back then but it can't be worse than now.

PC is absolutely F'd. Jim Prentice blaming the financial mess on the tax payers? And making them fix their f up? Gimme a fawkin break. Did he forget about Redfraud? Or her over payed sister on the health board? $100 a barrel oil and now we're broke and in debt? Ya that's who I want running our province. Obviously experience means nothing so to use that as your influence on who to vote for makes no sense and is highly flawed logic.
funny, Roy Romanow balanced the Sask budget well before Ralph did, and without gutting their healthcare system.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay LBZ I am down east looking for Trudeau's grave. Prentice has a proven track record with 1st nation's. He has a good relationship with them and has been very successful negotiating with them in the past and like it or not they are the biggest obstacle to Northern Gateway. He also has an excellent track record as a business man and politician which gives him experience and credibility when dealing with other governments provincial,state and Obama or Hillary. That is going to help with winers east,west and south on Keystone and Trans Provincial East and Gateway. Send a hillbilly from the sticks out in those settings and he won't know his as* from a hole in the ground.

One nice thing I like about the Alberta party though is there cost savings measures. Just think how much money the party saves be having there nomination meetings at the local Tim Hortons. The first won that rolls up the rim and wins a fee donut is party leader!!

What pipelines are you talking about and why do you feel Prentice is the only one that will make them happen? Or even why he has any more influence than any other premier to make it happen?

The boom in exploration in the Bakken (eastern Saskatchewan) had nothing to do with royalties being raised. It was purely coincidence that it coincided with good oil prices and easy profitable drilling and production in a newly discovered and developing oilfield. Same as it was at the same time in North Dakota.
The oil companies used it to their advantage to claim that was why but in reality, it was smoke and mirrors and they got their way.

If you look at royalties in all of the major producing states and provinces, Alberta is the lowest. Corporate tax is also the lowest in Canada. There is room to raise both and not bankrupt oil companies.

If Ed had stayed firm on his decision to raise the royalties and not caved to the corporate pressure things would have eventually continued as normal and financially Alberta would have been better off. Think about it, there is too much money to be made and they have too much invested in Alberta to just walk away.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The issue I have with a prentice is that he is not a conservative, the budget was left of center liberal at best, pay for the deficit through increased taxation of the middle class and offer no real cuts to reduce spending. Prentice may indeed be the best of a bad set of choices but he isn't going to fix squat IMO I only see more mess, once he brings the Alberta provincial sales tax he will go down in history as one of the most disliked. I can't believe the masses behind Notley either and she publicly said today she would oppose the northern gateway even after Christy Clark (liberal premier) approves of it. We need a minority, not sure that I'm voting WR anymore but I know I'm not voting PC.

Top Bottom