Where is a nice place to go for a Holiday?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave next week for Puerto Vallarta. Staying all inclusive at the Riu Jalisco. I'll report back on how it is supposedly a 5 star though. My advice is talk to a travel agent it will save you a ton of time combing through all the travel sites and the rate for the trip will be about the same too.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what you want to do. Do you want to have an adventure vacation, or sit in a resort and get slammed?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ocean Blue in Punta Cana is great and Sandos Playacar in Playa Del Carmen, and if you scuba dive Geofish just off the strip is great people.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Los Cabos..................RIU Palace !!! Life is good there......................

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 nights all inclusive $2350.00 pp based on double occupancy. Camper in my back yard in Prince George BC. 24 hr room service!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did Cuba last month. Met alot of people there that were also there for the first time. When asked if they would go again it was the same answer. Everyone took awhile to answer. While I had a good time I am not sure we would go again. Lots of people came back sick. The food was always hit and miss. Usually good but also most of the time is was cold. Once resturant we went too was fricken awesome. Used to be Al Capones house for his hitmen to escape the country while the heat was on. Had my best lobster ever there. Basically it wasnt as nice as I thought it might be but i made the best of it and turned it into a good time.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Guess it depends on where you stay because the Sirenis la Salina was awesome, we ate at the capone place and a couple little cafe's along main street. did a day trip to Havana and saw the Tropicana show... All in all we LOVED it. felt safe, lots to do awesome beaches...

Did Cuba last month. Met alot of people there that were also there for the first time. When asked if they would go again it was the same answer. Everyone took awhile to answer. While I had a good time I am not sure we would go again. Lots of people came back sick. The food was always hit and miss. Usually good but also most of the time is was cold. Once resturant we went too was fricken awesome. Used to be Al Capones house for his hitmen to escape the country while the heat was on. Had my best lobster ever there. Basically it wasnt as nice as I thought it might be but i made the best of it and turned it into a good time.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Got back from Jamaica about a week ago ......it was good mon

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

If you like snorkelling it was awesome right off to the side of the beach no need for an excursion
Here is a little vid i shot with my go pro

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Murminator could you post a few more pics. Looking for a place to go next February. Been to Cancun was ok but very commercialized. Been to the Dominican Republic twice (Puerto Plata) and enjoyed every minute of the trips.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont go to Mexico. The Last time I was there i was robbed, forced to get naked and then i had to beg for my life at knife point.
Been to Mexico several times and never been into trouble. Even when we were looking for it. Spent a year in Cuba and would highly recomend it. There is so much more to see and do there then what is on the main street of Varodero. I would also recomend a cruise, been on a couple now and just love them.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been to Mexico 6 times from Cancun to cabo to the Pacific side.That said I just got back from rincon de Guayabitos.64km north of PV hard to beat as its just the right size.Its a canadian enclave so you feel real safe.There are a few all inclusives but I have been there done that.way better to get a bungalow so you can do some of your own cooking and shopping.we mainly went out for dinner at nite and its soo cheap and good.Some nites 7 of us went out for street side tacos and the bill was only 144 pesos[12 bucks] for all 7.You can also walk from one end to the other in about 15mins but longer if you stop to shop at the stores.Rincon is not too big so there are not a ot of noisy tour buses trying to tun you over but still big enough to not get bored.La panita is a bigger town 2kms north with a lg public market every thursday IMG_5123.jpg

Puckaneer19

Reaction score
Been to Mexico six times. Always felt safe and no issues (nothing the Imodim never fixed). Depending on what you like to do, every place has its perks. Akumal Beach Resort was not a high end hotel but the beach was one of the best I've been to and the little town of Akumal was a short 5 min walk along the beach. We found a cool little sidewalk bar where the waiters fell in love with my blue eyed wife and treated ALL of us like Kings! We were there at closing time one night and we asked if we could stay on the pation for awhile. We asked what another $20 would get us for last call, he came back with 20 Coronas in a five gallon pail full of ice! Great time! The 5 min walk back took about 30 min after that!

Overall, Costa Rica last year (just outside Liberia) was the coolest as far as excursions go, horse back riding up to the zip lines, river ride to feed the crocs and monkeys, and howler monkeys up and down the beach all day, very cool! I think The flight was only about 30 minutes longer than going to Cancun, well worth it! Food was superb!

jtilley

Reaction score
That hotel looks sketchy to me .....just sayin

I have been to Mexico 6 times from Cancun to cabo to the Pacific side.That said I just got back from rincon de Guayabitos.64km north of PV hard to beat as its just the right size.Its a canadian enclave so you feel real safe.There are a few all inclusives but I have been there done that.way better to get a bungalow so you can do some of your own cooking and shopping.we mainly went out for dinner at nite and its soo cheap and good.Some nites 7 of us went out for street side tacos and the bill was only 144 pesos[12 bucks] for all 7.You can also walk from one end to the other in about 15mins but longer if you stop to shop at the stores.Rincon is not too big so there are not a ot of noisy tour buses trying to tun you over but still big enough to not get bored.La panita is a bigger town 2kms north with a lg public market every thursdayView attachment 122239

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been to Mexico several times and never been into trouble. Even when we were looking for it. Spent a year in Cuba and would highly recomend it. There is so much more to see and do there then what is on the main street of Varodero. I would also recomend a cruise, been on a couple now and just love them.

lucky. new stats for last yr. 57000 murders.............. ouch

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we stayed there christmas 2010 as well and it was fantastic. besides being a bit to large of a resort, everything else was great.
Guess it depends on where you stay because the Sirenis la Salina was awesome, we ate at the capone place and a couple little cafe's along main street. did a day trip to Havana and saw the Tropicana show... All in all we LOVED it. felt safe, lots to do awesome beaches...

Top Bottom