Where are all the long-tracked Viper turbos?

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any new videos on these vipers? Also very interested in trying one of these compared to the turbo pro any ideas if your gonna be able to do a demo day NM?

Soon as revy gets snow worth riding I will head out......and post some better videos!
Mainly open meadow riding and small hills......lol

HANDSOME

Reaction score
I want to pull the trigger on both a boost it and a 270 mcx.I went back to 2 stroke last year but its not the same. I still ride my RX1 on deep days and love that power.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to pull the trigger on both a boost it and a 270 mcx.I went back to 2 stroke last year but its not the same. I still ride my RX1 on deep days and love that power.

I was the same.. Sold my t- nytro after sled show after feeling how light viper felt, figured id better dump it while its still worth something. Rode pro and snow bike allittle figured i could go without boost and wait for 15s to come out but couldnt do it lol.. Picked up a wicked out apex thing is a riot on deep days.. Vipers look like there working great!

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 1000km on my Viper turbo this season. Going strong! Played head to head with mine today with my stock M8. Both super fun I'm going to change my "t-post" on m viper to the vertical post like my M8 and then I'll be set. Had to work through some clutching and gearing early season but has been smooth sailing for a long time now. I have mine set up with 190ph MCX, 38" front end, 153" track (will got 162 soon) she is a wheelie machine now, but super fun in the trees. Had to pull the intake through the hood to get some cold air. Was having bogging issues with it in the panel. Now working great!

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
What are guys running for gearing.

I have a Viper 162 with 190mcx. I just bought a 49t bottom gear.
We have been running 21-49 on a few Vipers. It is ok for the mountains and can still pull 120-130k track speeds. If your running stock drivers then you should be ok. We are running 7 tooth drivers.

loudelectronics

Reaction score
Yeah I have stock 8 tooth right now. I see they are wearing out all ready though. Is there a better combo for gears than the 21/49?

NM

Reaction score
Yeah I have stock 8 tooth right now. I see they are wearing out all ready though. Is there a better combo for gears than the 21/49?
The other combo that some guys are running is a 24-50 but that is with 7 tooth drivers.
If your drivers are wearing then you may want to tighten the track. Some people are under the impression that a loose track is better when in fact a tight track is a fast track.

NM

Reaction score
We have also been running Nytro belts on some of the Vipers for about a month now. The secondary needs to be shimmed to do this. The belt life is better, but we are not totally convinced that the shift pattern is better in all rpm ranges. We will put a few thousand more Kms on before seasons end and will figure out what works the best.

loudelectronics

Reaction score
I have been running the 8DN since first week of February. Blew both my belts in Montana/Wyoming and had to use the 8dn. It actually made a big difference as it seems to hold rpm way better than stock as my RPM were all over the place. Going to stick with the 8DN now or until the 8JP is improved.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Tristan did you shim it differently or just throw an 8DN in there? How many km you have on the 8dn now? Sorry I can't make your next Cooke City trip! -Cody

loudelectronics

Reaction score
Tristan did you shim it differently or just throw an 8DN in there? How many km you have on the 8dn now? Sorry I can't make your next Cooke City trip! -Cody

No worries Cody. Just through it out there. Only doing a weekend trip anyway. Be nice to ride with some other Yamaha guys. Guys would see that it is not the sleds fault, it is my lack of ability, lol. Someone that could ride like you could change some opinions on what these sleds can do.

I have about 700 miles on the belt now. Blew the others within 150. I did have to shim. I did not off the get go but once the belt settled in, it needed a washer. Ulmer just did testing showing that there is more top end to be had over the 8jp. I know I gained bottom end and top end.

Top Bottom