Whats worse than driving a Ford?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the purpose of the diesel is to move air ( with fuel added of course ) I'd say size does matter.

Look at all the problems Ford had when they tried to make more power with less displacement.

Cummins has been in pickups how long? Since 1990?

When hasen't Ford had engine problems? Size is part of it, but theres a lot more to it for HP and torque, there is a reason why the 12v cummins made so much torque for the power and the newer diesels since still cannot match it hp/tq ratio wise. There is so much more to a diesel then it's size. Look at the change from the Cummins, 5.9L for almost 20 years and the power doubled.

I see how long they've been around as a moot point. They have the best engine for pickups hands down.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mb 1 is right the more air/fuel you can stuff into a diesel the more power you will make. however with a v style engine there is not enough support on the crank. the rods are pushing it out the side of the block unlike a inline wich is pushing straight out the bottom. much stronger as a result you can stuff more into it and make more power. cummins is the king in diesels/ as far a p/u s go. just my two cents

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cummins is an inline 6. Ford and GM use a V8.

They're just mad cause they use the biggest motor and still don't have the most power......

ok i thought he was talkin gas jobs, shows how much i know or care about dodges

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Attachments

• 1969.jpg
    1969.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 172

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Size of motor is a pretty moot point in a diesel when they are that close, they went up 0.8 of a litre and didn't change the power much, heck look how much Ford reduced it from the 7.3 to 6.0. Power is a pretty contraversial thing. Like I say to any Ford of GM owner. Throw a 15k trailer behind all 3, and the Cummins will blow the others away like they are standing still. The Cummins is a torque monster that a V8 cannot match. There is a reason 99% of bigger trucks are I and not V :d A V8 can only wish it towed as well and lasted as long.

I'd pay to see a Duramax or Powerstroke with over 2 million km, because I know where a Cummins with that many, and they aren't that rare :beer:

BTW What brand took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, in the Diesel Power Challenge trailer pull, and Unofficially ( 5 minutes late ) took 1st in the sled pull??

Duramax.

S

stripe

driving a GM every one i have had has had electrical problems

S

sldgy

SPECIAL OFFER:.

This auction is for A PAIR OF HUMPING RHINOS HOOD OR WINDOW DECAL.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having one tow your Dodge.

fordpullingdodge.jpg

Seen by west Ed a week ago.

I would have to say driving anything with that stack in the back. Really is anyone else with me on this. I think stacks on anything other than a kenworth or pete is retarded.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to say driving anything with that stack in the back. Really is anyone else with me on this. I think stacks on anything other than a kenworth or pete is retarded.

Once in a while a pick up that will catch my eye and I think that looks sharp, then I see the stacks and think that guy is trying wayyyyy to hard to be cool.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a lot worse things then stacks....like trucknutz. I don't know how people are so stupid....

Top Bottom