Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having one tow your Dodge.

fordpullingdodge.jpg

Seen by west Ed a week ago.

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I m not sure that that picture implies that the Dodge is broken down...........

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it that DODGE can easily make 300+ hp out of 6 cylinders but GM and Ford new TWO extra cylinders to try and make the same amount of hp????:p

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is God's Truth, I see it all the time!!!

Found
On
Read
Dead

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This pic gives you an idea of what my pup thought about a dodge......

kane_dodge.jpg

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge means dodge them period.All the money is spent on design looks and nothing on engineering.Last dodge I ever owned was in 94 never again after so many trips to the dealer.Rearmain seal[2 days in shop]Front axles grooved at seals[2 more days in shop]They all have their issues but too many for dodge .I don't even consider them when shopping

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge means dodge them period.All the money is spent on design looks and nothing on engineering.Last dodge I ever owned was in 94 never again after so many trips to the dealer.Rearmain seal[2 days in shop]Front axles grooved at seals[2 more days in shop]They all have their issues but too many for dodge .I don't even consider them when shopping

Your missing out on the best engine ever put in a pickup. I will agree Dodge has their issues, but atleast I know my engine will never let me down. For a decent amount of coin I can upgrade everything else to be just as bulletproof and have a rock solid truck. But 2 years and 30,000km on my 04 with 126,000km on the clock now (2nd owner) and not a lick of trouble from anything mechanical, just a few issues with the stupid power windows and locks.

Basicly it boils down to what you can live with. Ford cannot make a engine to save it's life, GM cannot make suspension if it tried(IFS is a joke), and the motor is questionable at best, and Dodge drivetrain is lacking. But you also have to consider how heavy the Cummins is, a GM front end wouldn't last half as long with a Cummins under the hood.

I think a lot of Dodges bad rap about trannies, poor suspension, etc is just because people know how bulletproof the Cummins is, and trying to justify why they didn't buy one. I have no complaint about the drivetrain on any of my Dodges.

I would take a Ford with a Cummins anyday, but cannot have the best of both worlds :(

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please explain

The Cummins is an inline 6. Ford and GM use a V8.

They're just mad cause they use the biggest motor and still don't have the most power......

S

sldgy

yet the woodchuck continues to long for the ability to chuck wood

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cummins is an inline 6. Ford and GM use a V8.

They're just mad cause they use the biggest motor and still don't have the most power......

Size of motor is a pretty moot point in a diesel when they are that close, they went up 0.8 of a litre and didn't change the power much, heck look how much Ford reduced it from the 7.3 to 6.0. Power is a pretty contraversial thing. Like I say to any Ford of GM owner. Throw a 15k trailer behind all 3, and the Cummins will blow the others away like they are standing still. The Cummins is a torque monster that a V8 cannot match. There is a reason 99% of bigger trucks are I and not V :d A V8 can only wish it towed as well and lasted as long.

I'd pay to see a Duramax or Powerstroke with over 2 million km, because I know where a Cummins with that many, and they aren't that rare :beer:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Size of motor is a pretty moot point in a diesel when they are that close, they went up 0.8 of a litre and didn't change the power much, heck look how much Ford reduced it from the 7.3 to 6.0. Power is a pretty contraversial thing. Like I say to any Ford of GM owner. Throw a 15k trailer behind all 3, and the Cummins will blow the others away like they are standing still. The Cummins is a torque monster that a V8 cannot match. There is a reason 99% of bigger trucks are I and not V :d A V8 can only wish it towed as well and lasted as long.

I'd pay to see a Duramax or Powerstroke with over 2 million km, because I know where a Cummins with that many, and they aren't that rare :beer:

When the purpose of the diesel is to move air ( with fuel added of course ) I'd say size does matter.

Look at all the problems Ford had when they tried to make more power with less displacement.

Cummins has been in pickups how long? Since 1990?

S

sldgy

ah you speak the truth there hippie! not sure the uneducated will get it!:d

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7oKBRgBEN0[/YOUTUBE]

the brand/engine size and/or horsepower is completely irrelevant, IT IS WHAT IS IN THE CAB that will perpetuate or negate your success or failure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom