What's Leaking?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had his new Gen5 expert out for the first time this past week. This thing is an animal at 8psi with a redline turbo kit. Double the track speed of a NA 850, and probably almost 50% more than my 22 factory turbo with very similar throttle response (although I took him off the line in an uphill drag, but he quickly pulled away).

We noticed a strange leak under his machine though. It was on the floor of the trailer where only his sled was parked the whole trip, under the track. We also saw a few drops in the snow on the last day. It's a highlighter yellow looking fluid. Didn't taste like anything. Couldn't see any leakage from the shocks. Could this be oil from one of the track shocks?

20230206_095038.jpg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a similar coloured stain on my garage floor. It is from gas leaking out of my snow blower.
Could gas be leaking out of the over flow hose?
Hmm that is definitely a possibility. It's 50/50 C12 & Premium. I'll tell him to drip some in the snow and see if it looks similar.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel overflow is on the shock tower though not anywhere near being under the track. Shock fluids wouldn't be that color
Somewhat my thought. In the trailer the leak is towards the rear of the skid to boot. Between the rear shock and bogies.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had a Gatorade in his brand new boost this year rolled it a few times during the day next he knows there was orange liquid all over the place was freaking out when we came across him thought his motor was gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had a Gatorade in his brand new boost this year rolled it a few times during the day next he knows there was orange liquid all over the place was freaking out when we came across him thought his motor was gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the years ago with my mxz 470. Put a green Gatorade in the seat hatch. Next thing I knew I had green everywhere. I thought for sure the cooler was leaking.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah. What’s your point? 😘
I’m with ya bud. Years ago kids were playing provincials up by Lamont. We had an old diesel bus we made the trip in that had a suspect fuel gauge on it. As you can probably figure out the driver ran it out of fuel on the highway so all the farmers got out after another team members parent brought us some diesel in a couple Jerry cans. All us farmers tackled getting it running again by priming the pump. After an hour we got it running again but it had a leak at the back and I was concerned it was diesel. I put my finger under the drip and tasted it. It wasn’t diesel. It was sewer from the bathroom. My wife was a bit annoyed when I grabbed her water bottle away from her and went out side and rinsed my mouth multiple times. It’s a story she loves to tell to anyone that will listen. Lmao!

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m with ya bud. Years ago kids were playing provincials up by Lamont. We had an old diesel bus we made the trip in that had a suspect fuel gauge on it. As you can probably figure out the driver ran it out of fuel on the highway so all the farmers got out after another team members parent brought us some diesel in a couple Jerry cans. All us farmers tackled getting it running again by priming the pump. After an hour we got it running again but it had a leak at the back and I was concerned it was diesel. I put my finger under the drip and tasted it. It wasn’t diesel. It was sewer from the bathroom. My wife was a bit annoyed when I grabbed her water bottle away from her and went out side and rinsed my mouth multiple times. It’s a story she loves to tell to anyone that will listen. Lmao!

There’s a valuable lesson here, always sniff it before you lick it

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a bottle of red chemicals in the garage when i was a kid. Took a wiff and burnt so bad. Long story short, i never did that again...

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Makes me gag reading this!

Top Bottom