• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 59

paparattler

Reaction score
have to agree with climbmax,clean the garbage at frisby,spend time with my boys cleaning up,and powder puff what's up with no split wood.
it took us 2 hours splitting wood one morning,those blocks from under the cabin.we split wood all the time at home,these blocks are ridicolous and that beside that big window,it's going to be broke one of these days.
we pay enough on trail passes that the society has the money to get somebody to look after the wood.
is revy a world-class snowmobile destination or what.let's get with the times and have both cabins in tip top shape.no drinking alot of young families are trying to enjoy these great mountains.
by the way both cabins are too small.
and some guys should treat their girlfriends with respect instead of ripping into them for getting stuck,EVERYBODY is getting stuck in these conditions.
lots of international visitors coming to revy now,lets show them revy is worldclass.
happy new year.paparattler.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cabins in top shape would be easy put a lock on the door dont let idiots use it .... as far as not having any wood chopped big deal chop up your own wood or go out to one of the work bees and help chop wood...as far as i know the cabins are there to warm up and to have an area to have a bite to eat in not a hang-out for pot smokin drunks ... we were up there two years ago about ten potheads inside smoking and drinking inside... didnt stick around long... one of them on the way down nailed a post did some serious damage to the sled .... when are people going to learn if ya want to have a couple of pops do it after the day and dont ruin it for anyone else....the revelstoke club has done a great job of building the cabins so we can go up and use the facilities ... it is up to the users to treat it as our own and take care of it and make sure we clean up after ourselves..... to the people who go out and dont think they should take the garbage out next time bring your mothers along to clean up after you
have to agree with climbmax,clean the garbage at frisby,spend time with my boys cleaning up,and powder puff what's up with no split wood.
it took us 2 hours splitting wood one morning,those blocks from under the cabin.we split wood all the time at home,these blocks are ridicolous and that beside that big window,it's going to be broke one of these days.
we pay enough on trail passes that the society has the money to get somebody to look after the wood.
is revy a world-class snowmobile destination or what.let's get with the times and have both cabins in tip top shape.no drinking alot of young families are trying to enjoy these great mountains.
by the way both cabins are too small.
and some guys should treat their girlfriends with respect instead of ripping into them for getting stuck,EVERYBODY is getting stuck in these conditions.
lots of international visitors coming to revy now,lets show them revy is worldclass.
happy new year.paparattler.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f4/work-party-boulder-sept-28-a-7874.html

..Not to feed the fire on a rant session......but......(no pun intended)...:d

Just a link for the few who think SRS or RSC don't do their part for us up top! As far as the wood goes, can't remember the last time it was a big deal to split a few logs to warm up. Too bad for the FEW who lounge in the cabin all day, burning up the wood for those who could actually use it. To those FEW, stay home and party, or ride the day out & party at the local pubs! They need your support more than cabins need your mess!...;)...& IT TAKES HALF THE EFFORT TO PACK OUT WHAT YOU PACKED IN!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
paparattler the cabins are the Revelstoke Snowomobile Club`s not the SRS`s but guests are welcome to use them. When a rider purchases a daily trail pass the club gets $.75. The club maintains the cabins, brings in wood in the fall and insures the cabins. The Club is also responsible for maintaining the trails, slashing, culverts and bridges. Larger projects such as the connector trail from Boulder to Frisby Streeter St. are funded 50/50 through the club and society, this was a $20,000 project. The club and society`s next dream is to have a groomed access into and an emergency shelter at Turtle. We do not get funding from gov. or the city. Just a few dedicated volunteers with big dreams and funds from members joining the club and people who purchase daily trail passes make these things happen. Actually we are lucky to even have a cabin on Frisby because of caribou issues. I know there were some big rounds put in the basement (we grow big trees out here :d) but we had 6 club volunteers bringing in the wood on Frisby that day, we filled it to the brim but there was no way we had time or the energy to start splittling it too. To replace the cabin on Boulder is out of our budget and we are not lucky enough like Sicamous to have cabins donated to us. Three yrs. ago we had to replace the woodstoves in both cabins with CSA approved stoves for insurance reasons, within 3 wks. both the stoves had had the glass doors smashed out of them and then the Boulder stove had the door kicked off, really makes you think twice about upgrading anything when this sort of stuff happens.
I could seriously go on about this issue for pages but I won`t, I do hope to run into you one day and we can talk.
Angela Threatful is the manager of the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society and her contact numbers are the on the bottom of every page on the SRS`s website.
I am employed by the SRS for the past 7 yrs. at the staging areas during the winter season, I do this to support my habbit and I got it real bad. ;) For the past 2 yrs. I have been the president of the Revy Snowmobile Club.

budlite

Reaction score
great pics!heading there in a couple weeks what is Glacier House like?you sled into boulder from the lodge correct?thank you for all opinions.Budlite

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
great pics!heading there in a couple weeks what is Glacier House like?you sled into boulder from the lodge correct?thank you for all opinions.Budlite

Glacier house resort is situated near the Frisbee parking area. If you stay at the Glacier House, you can access Frisbee and Boulder mountain. Nice place, bar, lounge, etc....we stopped in after riding Frisbee and Boulder in 1 day and had a few wobbly pops.....It may be all booked for the winter now....

budlite

Reaction score
thanks! sounds like we might be sleeping in the enclosed if i don't start getting on the phone.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Kathy, got my wires crossed with the SRS & RSC!...:d

Take care...hope to be back real soon !!!

CHEERS!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ya cant stay at the glacier house the peaks lodge is also a great place to be we have stayed at both ...... can access both mountains from both..... peaks have new owners as well

budlite

Reaction score
i'll phone on sunday,both sound great,been working and getting my nephews sled and mine ready for that powder everyone is talking about,talked to the Alpine boys today it was -16 there today and -34 here,that's gonna feel like mexico without the murders,gotta love Canada

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PP and Climbmax,
I don't know the whole story but I can imagine what happened. As for the people who are doing the drinking and smoking in the cabin...........flock off and do it somewhere else. There shouldn't be anyone smoking in the cabin no matter what aroma comes from it. Have some respect for others who aren't drinkers or smokers.

I like beer myself........a lot:d but not until after the ride. I'm not saying you can't drink at all when riding but do it in moderation cause someone's gonna kill themselves or someone else cause they're riding like a jackazz after too many pops.

If you have to smoke or drink while riding, have some respect for others.

And for those who walk away from things like that going on in the cabin, stand up for yourself and for the other riders. Don't be rude about it but tell them straight up to take it outside. It doesn't matter if you're an employee of the SRS, RSS or just a regular guy from two provinces away but stand up and say something at the time. It doesn't do much saying it a week or two later on the internet.

People who do that crap will take it outside if decent respectable people like us say something.........they won't keep doing it if they get hassled about it.

I can't do much daily cause I don't live close enough but do what I can while I am out there.

Most of us travel a long ways to ride there so lets all try to make it a good experience for everybody and do what we can.

Sorry to Herb and PP and everybody else for working so hard and having a few jackazz's ruin their hard work.

Thanks Herb, and PP who do what you do for the riding areas.

Rant over.......ride safe everybody:beer:

2002mxz800x

Reaction score
PP and Climbmax,
I don't know the whole story but I can imagine what happened. As for the people who are doing the drinking and smoking in the cabin...........flock off and do it somewhere else. There shouldn't be anyone smoking in the cabin no matter what aroma comes from it. Have some respect for others who aren't drinkers or smokers.

I like beer myself........a lot:d but not until after the ride. I'm not saying you can't drink at all when riding but do it in moderation cause someone's gonna kill themselves or someone else cause they're riding like a jackazz after too many pops.

If you have to smoke or drink while riding, have some respect for others.

And for those who walk away from things like that going on in the cabin, stand up for yourself and for the other riders. Don't be rude about it but tell them straight up to take it outside. It doesn't matter if you're an employee of the SRS, RSS or just a regular guy from two provinces away but stand up and say something at the time. It doesn't do much saying it a week or two later on the internet.

People who do that crap will take it outside if decent respectable people like us say something.........they won't keep doing it if they get hassled about it.

I can't do much daily cause I don't live close enough but do what I can while I am out there.

Most of us travel a long ways to ride there so lets all try to make it a good experience for everybody and do what we can.

Sorry to Herb and PP and everybody else for working so hard and having a few jackazz's ruin their hard work.

Thanks Herb, and PP who do what you do for the riding areas.

Rant over.......ride safe everybody:beer:

x2 for me also

Top Bottom