What's Happening With Our Education System !!

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is unbelievable how many children are being allowed to go through school without being able to spell with simple sentence structure.
It is very sad to see where our children are headed.

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
In dooryders defence.......When posting in a forum such as this I pay little attention to sentence structure and even spelling.......For work I am required to develop policies, procedures, and proffessional business corospondance with subcontractors, OH&S, Worksafe BC, and our company lawyers.

Now if my "forum posts" were any indication of my proffessional writing ability I would be out of a job...I just find when posting I type fast and free paying little attention to structure and spelling...

Just my 2 cents

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that supposed to be some type of sarcasm? Lawyer, and waste. Not sure if they were supposed to be like that or just a slip of the fingers.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the blame on the education system.
Grade 3 was the longest 5 years of my life.
The education system these days only has enough funding per child to push them through the system and not spend the time to make sure they are ready for the work force.
It was not that way when I was growing up.
VERY VERY SAD !

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you are saying that they should not get an education, but live on tax payers money through wellfare. No companys hire people with out grade 12.

I am making a complaint against the education system
making the point that children are pushed through the system like cattle.
I think more time should be given to make sure that our children are getting the education that they deserve.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you are saying that they should not get an education, but live on tax payers money through wellfare. No companys hire people with out grade 12.

What does a diploma from grade 12 mean if they can't even fill out a job application ??
Or if they need their parents help filling out the application ?

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
I am making a complaint against the education system
making the point that children are pushed through the system like cattle.
I think more time should be given to make sure that our children are getting the education that they deserve.

I completely agree...But when you have a system that is protected by the union and 80% of the teachers are not there for the kids anymore..Most should be retired.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
I agree that BC is pro Union..
But look where the Union's have got the auto industry ??

I do not agree with the teachers union. In Blue River we have had some crappy teachers that did not care about the kids. I have found the younger teachers with fresh ideas and different thinking have been the best.

I believe the whole school structure should be changed and allow the students to work towards what they want to do in life more then academics. Not all children are book smart, but are smart in other ways of life.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not agree with the teachers union. In Blue River we have had some crappy teachers that did not care about the kids. I have found the younger teachers with fresh ideas and different thinking have been the best.

I believe the whole school structure should be changed and allow the students to work towards what they want to do in life more then academics. Not all children are book smart, but are smart in other ways of life.

I am thinking that Sleddingmom has the right idea with home schooling.
taking control of our childrens best interest.
I am not sure if a child has the ability to make a decision at a young age to decide on his/her career path.
they still need a well rounded education.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand your point Power tool, and really get frustrated when the school system here uses our school budget, education money for the children to fund trips to ainsworth hotsprings and fancy shmancy new vests for the liason teachers. We homeschool but fall under the School System/union rules, which treat homeschooling parents like second class citizens. They give us a small portion of the tax dollars to purchase books and materials, and use the rest for "administrative" expenses. I have come to blows several times with our district heads who have no idea what Homeschooling entails.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking that Sleddingmom has the right idea with home schooling.
taking control of our childrens best interest.
I am not sure if a child has the ability to make a decision at a young age to decide on his/her career path.
they still need a well rounded education.

Thank you powertool, we love homeschooling. Bean counters and "seniority" seem to over ride some of the focus with the kids. I have to jump through hoops made by he union in order to get funding for my kids education. Some of their rules are simply self serving to the union, which I have a hard time respecting. I'm on a "bad person" list, as I crossed their picket line with my kids to take them to use the phys. Ed. facilities.

Last edited:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think that the main problem is tax dollars and what price the Goverment puts on our childrens education, because one day one of those children will be Prime Minister of Canada..

What is more important..
Snow removal or our children's education ??
I am not in a position to make that call, but someone has too !

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we should remove the thread before he gets home I like the kid always helpful, but like anything else you get what you put into it. Also some are more challenged just like some people in their jobs. Go dooryder go;););)

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are a lot of children out there today without the desire to succeed and it is the parents responsibility to stand up for the rights of our children.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that our children follow their desires in life to succeed and not fall into the education sink hole.

Top Bottom